Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FNV: Old World Blues is currently up on Steam.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I'll hold off on the DLC's until TLR comes out too, but a friend says the dialogue (apparently there's some longish sequence to start things off) in the beginning at least is great.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Zarniwoop said:
5/10

Because I sort of fell for it.
Check the link

About the game how elaborate and flawed is the C&C? Does it punish you too much, does it reward too much? Please, no examples

Gord

Arcane
There will also be a massive patch coming out along with it

Really? Again already? I've just updated my mods to be compatible with 1.4.
Or is it just a screw-up on Steams side because Obsidian had announced the 1.4 patch to come out before the new DLC?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm mildly interested in where they take the story but really have no desire to play any of the DLC. And choice and consequence? Really? How much C&C can you expect in a ~five hour self-contained DLC?

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Oh sorry, I'm too used to this, I'm asking about the game in general, I played it I think last week last time and just got to that places around new vegas

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
M4BE1R0 said:
Zarniwoop said:
5/10

Because I sort of fell for it.
Check the link

About the game how elaborate and flawed is the C&C? Does it punish you too much, does it reward too much? Please, no examples

I did check the link. It says the DLC will be launched on the 19th (which only started 17 minutes ago in the USK), nothing about it already being up. I also checked my Steam client. Not on there yet.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
FUCKING CUNT HAIRS!

I want it today...Im leaving on holiday tomorrow...

Ehm.. :oops: that is...Oh its gonna be shit and decline and...ehm... :M

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
commie said:
I'll wait for a legal GOTY with everything.
Same here, though the more I read about the new DLC's the more excited I am. This may well be the first time I get the feeling the DLC might actually be good for a change. Shocking isn't it? Are the days of Horse Armor really gone?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Anyone already played it? I loved Dead Money for its writing and atmosphere, but this one I find like totally whacky shit and I am not sure if I should download it.

a budda

Arbiter
i never play any dlcs...

"acquired" dead money as it was a part of the latest "patch"... just wow...

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I got Dead Money and Honest Hearts on sale for something like $2 each.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I just have not been able to summon the enthusiasm to play New Vegas again, after only playing it one time...

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dead Money is basically a completely different game with a very different feel to it than the normal campaign, I liked it. It just sucks that you can't go back for all the phat lewtz. Not that money is a big problem in NV anyways.. Honest Hearts was kind of meh, but it did at least explain some of the Fallout universe backstory a bit.

Old World Blues, from what I've seen, looks like it's a bit of Dead Money mixed with The Glow from Fallout 1. Should be good if they didn't majorly screw it up somehow.

Edit: Here's MCA and Jason Bergman talking about it, in case the link hasn't been posted before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LwzdplamFE

Edit again: Maybe I spoke too soon. Notice how many times he says "humor". God, I hope they didn't make it too lulzy. Not liking the suggestive-sounding light switches though.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Zarniwoop said:
It just sucks that you can't go back for all the phat lewtz.

Its whole premise was "Learn to let go". :x

Agreed with the rest of your post.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
What? I managed to sneak of with every goldbar! :smug:

*the trek back to my appartment at Las Vegas took a while though*

Multi-headed Cow

Bought it because GOD DAMN I enjoy FNV. And I tell myself that spending $10 a pop on a few hours of extra adventure is worth it since I got the game as a gift. I can just imagine I bought a $40 GotY edition piecemeal. I'M IMAGINING.

MMXI

Arcane
Does the patch improve the performance of uninstall.exe? :M

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Dead Money was an orgasmic experience, so I'll definately look forward to the remaining two DLC (haven't finished Honest Hearts yet).

Metro said:
I'm mildly interested in where they take the story but really have no desire to play any of the DLC. And choice and consequence? Really? How much C&C can you expect in a ~five hour self-contained DLC?
Bro, the games with the most C&C are finishable in a few hours (Way of the Samurai series).

MMXI

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
MMXI said:
Does the patch improve the performance of uninstall.exe? :M
How do you come up with such witty repartee? I'm in awe.
It's all in the little bird. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom