Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jagged Alliance 2 - Reloaded Ditches Turn-Based Combat

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
And their trailer also desperately tries to emulate the original JA2 intro.

Shemar

Educated
It still baffles me how they think thay can sell this abomination to JA2 fans. Do they hope people will never read a review or check anything about the game and just buy it because it has JA on the title?

quasimodo

Augur
I can't see any fan of JA2 wanting this piece of shit and I doubt the JA brand name is famous enough to sell it to the mainstream gamer.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
the cinematic trailer is just incredibly tragic

it looks like gameplay shot from an AAA modern tactical bumtouching fps made by people deemed too uncreative for team crysis

if anyone gets hyped up by watching that their reaction to the actual game is going to be fun

this thing is going to be panned and bargain binned on launch faster than you can type XEP624 and everyone gets to point and say there this is why turn based games suck and nobody should make them anymore rose colored glasses etc

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If people would stop posting in this thread of such a shit fucking abomination of a great game, it would be for the best.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Meanwhile, on the cd-action forum:

The trailer looks excellent to me. Great music, well done production. Simply the atmosphere we need, hope the game itself will also be like that

Problem, codex? :troll:

Black

Arcane
I noticed you declined a lot lately, Suxor. Now I see you visit cd-action forums so at least I know why.

a budda

Arbiter
Black said:
I noticed you declined a lot lately, Suxor. Now I see you visit cd-action forums so at least I know why.
what have you done?!
szybko, idź przeproś Pana...

Micmu

Magister
The trailer is awesome!! This game is shaping up to be real good! I just preordered CE.
Fuck the haters!

zeitgeist

Magister
Stumbled upon an interesting post by Scot Loving on the jaggedalliance.com boards:

Scot Loving said:
Haha, I've been called many things in my life but I'm fairly confident that this is a first for "celebrity." That's hardly the case, but it is very flattering and I really appreciate the warm welcome you and several others have given me to this site. I certainly don't mind proving who I am, which is also a first for me, but that wasn't my point. I just thought it was worth pointing out that speeding up the game play and moving to a 3d engine was where we were going with JA3 anyways.... so this evolution (if you want to call it that) would have happened even if the game was left in the original designers hands. We really didn't have much of a choice financially as JA2 sells weren't what we were hoping for despite several awards and high scores. Both "real time" and "3D engines" was what the mass majority wanted. To our defense, however, Ian made it very clear that the game would also have a "Turn based" option that would provide all the depth and more that was available in JA2....Because that's the way he loved it. Anyway, My name is Scot Loving ( yes, only one "T" in Scot.) Feel free to look me up, friend me on Facebook, or send me an email at s.loving@mchsi.com. Just make sure I know you're from this website. Thanks again guys

And some game news and screenshots from this thread.

"No more sending mercs back to drassen to pick up bobby ray's deliveries, now everything you buy will be in a crate available for all mercs no matter where they are"
jagged_alliance_back_in_action_gamescom_2011_002.jpg

jagged_alliance_back_in_action_gamescom_2011_003.jpg

jagged_alliance_back_in_action_gamescom_2011_004.jpg

gamescom_2011__besucher_tag_1_020.JPG

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Haha, I've been called many things in my life but I'm fairly confident that this is a first for "celebrity." That's hardly the case, but it is very flattering and I really appreciate the warm welcome you and several others have given me to this site. I certainly don't mind proving who I am, which is also a first for me, but that wasn't my point. I just thought it was worth pointing out that speeding up the game play and moving to a 3d engine was where we were going with JA3 anyways.... so this evolution (if you want to call it that) would have happened even if the game was left in the original designers hands. We really didn't have much of a choice financially as JA2 sells weren't what we were hoping for despite several awards and high scores. Both "real time" and "3D engines" was what the mass majority wanted. To our defense, however, Ian made it very clear that the game would also have a "Turn based" option that would provide all the depth and more that was available in JA2....Because that's the way he loved it. Anyway, My name is Scot Loving ( yes, only one "T" in Scot.) Feel free to look me up, friend me on Facebook, or send me an email at s.loving@mchsi.com. Just make sure I know you're from this website. Thanks again guys
somehow I doubt JA Retarded will provide "provide all the depth and more"

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
by turn based he means continuous turn based that you can pause, right? that's the best kind

spectre

Arcane
Lolz, bro, there is actually any other kind?

Jagged Sims Reloaded 3.
QFT, what the hell happened, it actually looked better on the first batch of shots they've shown.

"No more sending mercs back to drassen to pick up bobby ray's deliveries, now everything you buy will be in a crate available for all mercs no matter where they are"
Hopefully they'll ditch the various aim levels too, it's not like anybody used them outside tha max aim level.
I would rage, but compared to all the shit they pulled, this dumbing down actually looks benign.

zeitgeist

Magister
The Developer Interview. I don't even know what to quote from it, it's just a bunch of non-answers and already known info. It's somewhat amusing to play "spot the difference" between the JA2 remake and the JA Online developers' answers though.

# o bitComposer: The deadline for the JA closed Beta is planned for December and the winners from last year’s lottery for access will be notified in good time.
Did anyone participate in this? I can't say I recall any such event.

Wunderpurps

Educated
Now they just need to make more appeal for women. Maybe you can make a mercenary attack on the neighbors and watch them bleed to death in the pool? I'd buy that.

zeitgeist said:
Trumpy, you can do magic!

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Darth Roxor said:
Meanwhile, on the cd-action forum:

The trailer looks excellent to me. Great music, well done production. Simply the atmosphere we need, hope the game itself will also be like that

Problem, codex? :troll:
Meanwhile, on the Mount&Blade forum:
Doesn't look too bad.
Oh and while I liked the turn based system, this looks like it might work in their pseudo real time system as well.

:rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom