Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E.Y.E.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
eye.jpg

Anyone here looking out towards E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy? Game is yet another multiplayer fps but the fact that it's cyberpunk, has a rather cool art style and some rpg influences does interest me. Animations and ragdolls look quite crap to be honest but the trenchcoats and cybernetic implants have syndicate written all over them. The hacking and HUD also look quite good. Consider me casually interested.

Interview at RPS.

Rather crappy trailer that however does show off the pacing nicely.

Neat trailer showing off some enviroments and some more gunplay.

MapMan

Arcane
Wasnt this a mod for HL2? Or am I mistaking it for something?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah there was a trailer for this years ago... I have been interested in this. I just assumed it was Yet Another Vapoware Title....

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Looks interesting. Also, I couldn't help but notice 'Psi' 'Karma' and 'Psi Bonus damage' stats. Definitely makes me curious. Concept is solid, going to boil down to execution now.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
It's been mentioned here couple of times before. The premise is good, but from small pieces of information they released it looked like they didn't put enough accents in some of the impotant parts. For example, they put fuckloads of stats/character progression routes. More than in any game (including cRPPGs released lately). Which is good. Setting seems intriguing as well. But at the same time, it looks like the story and single-player experience went to gutter. They just vaguely mention this element, instead focusing on "yet-fucking-another-generic-coop/multiplayer-experience". This alone makes me very careful about this game.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
The irony is, people complain about X-COM and Shadowrun being turned into shooters along similar lines, but then pimp shooters with similar gameplay mechanics not based on earlier franchises...

That said, color me interested as well.

I've been watching this one, as well as the full port of Dear Esther remake, and perhaps something interesting will come of it...

As far as X-Com, I'm interested as well, as it looks vaguely more interesting than Call of Duty, though frankly, I understand why some many fans who played the original games are PO'd by changing conventional gameplay mechanics, in the same way Fallout 3 derp'd out on the real-time combat with pause.

Cassidy

Arcane
At first glance of the concept art and game's full title, I thought it was more on the lines of "grimdark theocracy" kind of setting than of cyberpunk. There is a Warhammer 40k vibe to it, I must say.

Maybe it will turn out into something like a proper hybrid, for a change. After Deus Ex the whole concept went downhill with the only partly memorable(although not exactly good or balanced) example being VTM:Bloodlines.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
From the Steam description:
"Death doesn't penalize players: no need to restart the current mission."

What?

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Dickie said:
From the Steam description:
"Death doesn't penalize players: no need to restart the current mission."

What?

Was asking myself the same. WTF? It might be this "seamless" transition between multi, coop and single player game that they were advertising so much :lol: . You know like, you die and next second you spawn in the same place :lol:

I will wait a bit and see the comments and impressions. RPS should have some soon.

EDIT:::

From RPS preview it looks like that. You die, you spawn the next second. That sounds quite ridiculous as you will never take any treat seriously :retarded:

reaven

Educated
Im also interested, but Im not gonna buy without hearing impressions first.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Bought the game. Inventory / paperdoll screen was a bit overwhelming. Lots of shit going on. Stats, psionic powers, bionic and cybernetic enhancements, skills, research, fuck I have no idea what I'm even looking at. Tried doing a mission (I think?) and I'm pretty sure I died at least 15 times, but thankfully I ressed on the spot. I was weak as shit, could get capped super easily super fast. I was chasing dudes with my super k00l katana that emits lightning when you hold down the attack button. Killing enemies felt very unsatisfying. As soon as they die they go limp like ragdolls. It felt like hitting ragdolls filled with air. I tried being a psionic dude, my only good power was some clone thingy. Created 4 duplicates that shot niggas in the streets, which is nice. Enemies kept coming up my ass from all directions, had no idea what the fuck was going on. They were like Oblivion guards. They seemed know where I was all the time.
Other than that I really have no idea what to tell you guys. My initial experience to this game has been very confusing. I'll let you know more once I figure out what the fuck is going on. Gameplay felt very frantic too.
Suggest you try before you buy.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hobo Elf said:
Bought the game. Inventory / paperdoll screen was a bit overwhelming. Lots of shit going on. Stats, psionic powers, bionic and cybernetic enhancements, skills, research, fuck I have no idea what I'm even looking at. Tried doing a mission (I think?) and I'm pretty sure I died at least 15 times, but thankfully I ressed on the spot. I was weak as shit, could get capped super easily super fast. I was chasing dudes with my super k00l katana that emits lightning when you hold down the attack button. Killing enemies felt very unsatisfying. As soon as they die they go limp like ragdolls. It felt like hitting ragdolls filled with air. I tried being a psionic dude, my only good power was some clone thingy. Created 4 duplicates that shot niggas in the streets, which is nice. Enemies kept coming up my ass from all directions, had no idea what the fuck was going on. They were like Oblivion guards. They seemed know where I was all the time.
Other than that I really have no idea what to tell you guys. My initial experience to this game has been very confusing. I'll let you know more once I figure out what the fuck is going on. Gameplay felt very frantic too.
Suggest you try before you buy.

Once you get the hang of things it would be interesting to hear how the quests/missions play out, what they mean by the co-op/solo influencing each other and whether it actually has replay value and/or the overall length/playtime.

Thanks, BRO!

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait a minute. You get rezzed immediately when you die? I was afraid that's what that meant.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Trailer looks pretty terrible, but Hobo's post makes it sound a bit better. How open-ended (if at all) is the game?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The 4 pack price works out to $13ish each. Not bad, but I'm always wary when indie games price themselves low rather than reaching for bigger paydays.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Dickie said:
Wait a minute. You get rezzed immediately when you die? I was afraid that's what that meant.

Yeah. You ressurect on the spot where you died. Apparently there might be some permanent damage to your stats when you die, but I'm not seeing it.

Turisas said:
Trailer looks pretty terrible, but Hobo's post makes it sound a bit better. How open-ended (if at all) is the game?

Well you can do sub missions, which is what I did. Or there's the main campaign which seems to be a basic Point A to Point B kind of shooter from the little time I spent playing it.

There aren't many weapons in this game. At least I was hoping there'd be more choice since, hey, it's an arr pee gee apparently. There's variety, but it's the basic pistol, sub, assault, shotgun and katanas that you can dual wield oh god I'm cumming hard. Tried making a new dude and gave guns a look, specifically pistols Shooting with the guns feels so.. unsatisfying. It's like firing a pea shooter. There's no oomph in the guns, or recoil (none that I noticed). The ragdolls are really bothering me too, especially when I use guns to kill my enemies. It doesn't feel satisfying at all. 74 minutes in and this game just kind of pisses me off. It rubs me the wrong way. I'll give it a rest for now and try it again tomorrow. I don't really recommend it. I think it's kind of a ripoff to sell this game for as much as they are selling. Hell, I wouldn't pay anything for this.

Edit: NPCs seem to act like the guards in Oblibian. They know your location via telepathy. Pisses me off.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If I had to guess I'm going to say the drawback is probably relatively little content.

They say that the game takes 15 hours to play through. How can that be if there is so little content in it?

Damn it, I'd really like for this game to roxor, since I haven't seen anything like this since System Shock 2.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
While I don't consider 15 hours sparse I don't consider it particularly weighty. I guess it's okay for a $20 game. But that's just the developer estimate so I'll wait to see what the actual numbers bear out.

Also I figured out why gun play seems weak: Source engine game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom