Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Troika Games no longer exists

Hory

Erudite
Section8 said:
Hope you all had a merry [insert religious holiday here].
Chrismukkah, of course.

Fintilgin

Educated
:sigh:

"Now cracks a noble heart: Good night sweet prince:
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"

Funktion

Novice
TimCain said:
Thanks for your support, and good night.

Tim.

I'm a little late (I just noticed your post) but I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful times I had playing your games, especially Arcanum and VtM: Bloodlines (which are easily two of my favourite games of all time).
It's extremely infuriating that some companies keep making trash while worthwhile gaming companies keep closing doors, but I guess that's the world we live in.

Good luck with your future projects, I hope you decide to give another try to this rotten industry in the future. Keep us updated on your (and your partners) plans.

Thanks for everything, Tim. :cry:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Troika has been a favourite of mine since the early days of the arcanum inn and me reading all the newspaper bits on the arcanum site desperately waiting for it to be released. Farewell Troika and good luck to all the Troika folk.

Zomg

Arbiter
[cue the end of Dr. Strangelove]

We'll meet again,
Don't know where,
Don't know when,
But I know we'll meet again
Some sunny day.

(kaboom)

Archea47

Novice
I registered to post this

I have been gaming since my 286, and never played a RPG past the first 5 minutes of Daggerfall until I found Fallout. I always loved adventure games and first person shooters, finally I found the wonderful side plots I loved in goofy adventure games and the action I occasionally craved. Since I got Fallout 2 I haven't uninstalled it from my computer, I have played each of those two through several times, if for nothing more than to see the different post-ending stories. When I got VTMB I didn't know anyone from Fallout had anythign to do with it, but I fell in love with that game also and played through with several races. It is still on this computer as I type, and though I haven't played it recently I opened it so many times the windows add/remove program list still says its used frequently :)

Not only did your amazing games entertain me for hundreds of hours, but it also opened me to a world of other RPGs. Regardless of what some people here I know think, I also fell in love with BG I and II - games I would have never considered if it weren't for fallout. I also love all the spider games: avernum, geneforge, etc. Hundreds of hours in those too :) . I could have been working and making money in this time but if work is just a means to a happy end, I've found a better solution: your games! They make me happy, they taught me the world of role playing and it sure kicks ass and I am in your debt

Bravo to all, Tim included but not just limited to, all the guys at Trolkia and all the guys who spend hours of their time making mods and all the guys who hope to follow in their footsteps

Now to order Arcanum! :twisted:

Archea47

Novice
I can't figure out where to purchase Arcanum! Does anyone know where I can order it online (US)?

Rather not use eBay since I no longer use paypal

Archea47

Novice
All they list there is Amazon, and amazon itself doesn't have it just people who advertise on it - and at 40 dollars even for a used copy seems rediculous considering it's age! It isn't old enough or new enough for over $20 nor is there any garuntee they will send you it since it isn't actually amazon (and I'm not using amazon payments)! I've read of people finding it for $10 at walmart etc. Since trolkia is out of business why should I feel bad for wanting it for what the market value should be

Archea47

Novice
Hi Jora,

Thank you very much! I just ordered it from overstock, $22.50 with shipping

I just love dynamic gameplay. I even liked Morrowind (I've completed every quest and guild path I could find, playing through with a couple different character types), though I never tried the main quest line past getting blight

rei1974

Scholar
This is really sad news. I just finished now playing Vampire, won with the anarchs ending.
I can't really believe that with games such as Vampire (my favourite game ever) your company was not able to make it.

I really hope to see you soon working on something else. Time to go indie I think - I believe you'll get much more satisfactions ;)

Subhuman

Liturgist
Ehh. If they had made a bona-fide masterpiece ala Fallout, I'd be a bit more sad at Troika's passing. They'll go on to bigger and better things.

Spazmo

Erudite
You mean like how a bunch of Troika's staff got hired at Obsidian to work on NWN2 or some silly console hack'n'slasher? Bigger and better indeed.

Subhuman

Liturgist
Fine, they'll crash and burn and never get work again and turn into broke alcoholics.

And wasn't NWN a best-seller? If it's the difference between reinventing the wheel and keeping a roof over your head, I'd say moving to Obsidian is a step up.

Thoz

Novice
Good Riddance

Screw Troika games.
They were just another shoddy game developer delivering us buggy unplayable garbage.
They are exactly wjere they should be, unemployed.

It's a good thing really, because I had already reported them, along with Lionhead Studios, of false advertising by putting the Nvidia logo on their box knowing full well that VTMB doesn't support Nvidia chipsets.
Just another ploy to bulk customers out of hard earned money for a way below par product.

I'm glad their gone. One less rip off company to deal with.
In the meantime I have to look for a use for the three CD's that came with this so called game. Maybe target practice with my 38 is in order.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom