Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Desu Ex - Human Constipations exclusive PC featurr..*LEAKED*

Multi-headed Cow

Thanks for that Bonescraper. I usually like downloading game soundtracks, and the bits I've heard of HR's sounded kinda good.

Should keep me occupied until Steam lets me unlock my preload. :bounce:

Jaz

Educated
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/2 ... lution.ars

• The Good

A Deus Ex game, and a very good one at that
    Wonderful use of both first- and third-person views
    E-mails and news reports do a great job of building the world, and are often funny
    Many side-quests, and choices that matter as the game progresses
    Varied weapons
    Augmentation system means everyone can play in their own style
    Multiple ways to complete each mission
    The hacking minigame remains fun through the entirety of the game
    Impossible to see everything the first time you play
    A lengthy single-player experience: I put in around 25 hours and can't wait to play again
    Standard branching conversations are enhanced with higher-stakes conversations that change how the story plays out
    Adam Jensen is a mirror for the other characters in the game: some see a monster, others see the future

The Bad

The transitions between the game and its cutscenes can be jarring
    Lack of support for NVIDIA's 3D Vision technology (3D fans can only use AMD's HD3D)
    The voice acting can be spotty in places
    The conspiracy can get a little thick at times, and a lot is thrown at you near the end of the game
    I experienced a few crashes while playing on the PC, causing me to save more often than I would have otherwise

The Ugly

The game has a quick-save ability, and I admit to using it every now and again, but abusing saves to see the "right" way through conversations will harm your enjoyment of the game. The "Ugly" tag is for people too cowardly to live by their own in-game decisions. And I mean that in a nice way.
    An early mission in a police station can be exceedingly tedious if you tackle it at the wrong time, which is a design flaw in a game of this type

well, 25 hours playtime sounds nice.

Fluffer

Novice
Reviews are cumming all over it. So, did anyone try it? Is it any good?

Multi-headed Cow

Jaz said:
The Bad

The voice acting can be spotty in places
The conspiracy can get a little thick at times, and a lot is thrown at you near the end of the game
Bad? These sound like Deus Ex pros. :bounce:

Multi-headed Cow

Will there be an "OH MY GOD, JENSEN, A BOMB!!!" "A BOMB!!!!" and "I SPILL MY DRINK" lines in HR? Only time will tell. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Callaxes

Arbiter
Destroid said:
FatCat said:
Leak is better than first Deus Ex so it will be good.

It was good but lets not get crazy here.

It's pretty much on par or at least close to the original, but if we're talking about gameplay mechanics then I can think of two areas where HR has improved over the original game.

Dialog is more interactable and it involves actual character creation (i.e. how do you feel about your augmentations).

Combat is better and by better I mean normal. It works like in any other shooter and it's not as restrictive as it was in the first game. I never liked whacking my baton at the NCR troops, so I think the killing animations are a plus. Overall better, but far from the main attraction of the game.

So on a mathematical level we can say that HR is better, but it doesn't get any brownie points for competing with a decade old game.

Destroid

Arcane
I'm just going off how much I enjoyed the games (so far). I played DX for the first time last year so it's not like I'm getting all misty eyed and nostalgic. I preferred manual melee combat and I prefer leaning over sticky cover and popamole.

riptide

Scholar
Eidos put up a launch trailer for the game. Sadly, it contains spoilers, and I suggest not watching it, especially if you played the leak.

edit: clarification

It contains a spoiler about a certain character Adam cared about in the past. You'll be fine if you haven't played the leak or don't know much about the game. But if you played the leak through and did a certain side quest, it'll spoil the further development behind it.

riptide

Scholar
The game is out now in the US. Enjoy it, you lucky American bastards! :D And of course, don't forget to give us your thoughts on it. Especially about the total playtime.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Callaxes said:
Destroid said:
FatCat said:
Leak is better than first Deus Ex so it will be good.

It was good but lets not get crazy here.

It's pretty much on par or at least close to the original, but if we're talking about gameplay mechanics then I can think of two areas where HR has improved over the original game.

Dialog is more interactable and it involves actual character creation (i.e. how do you feel about your augmentations).

Combat is better and by better I mean normal. It works like in any other shooter and it's not as restrictive as it was in the first game. I never liked whacking my baton at the NCR troops, so I think the killing animations are a plus. Overall better, but far from the main attraction of the game.

So on a mathematical level we can say that HR is better, but it doesn't get any brownie points for competing with a decade old game.

Too much Fallout recently ?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Euro unlocking instructions, enjoy:

1. First preload the entire game.
2. Exit Steam and find a US VPN, open Steam once you're on the VPN.
3. Decrypt/Unlock the game and run it at least once whilst still connect to the VPN.
4. Exit the game and Steam.
5. Disconnect from the VPN.
6. Go into the DE: HR Steam folder "Steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution"
7. Create a text file called "steam_appid.txt"
8. Inside that text file put the number: 28050
9. Save the file, launch Steam again and then run the exe directly from the folder.
10. The game will now launch and you can play it without being on a VPN.

Wulfstand

Prophet
I'm wondering, is the torrent going to be available world-wide tonight? It'd be a pleasant surprise to see it uploaded on my favorite tracker when I get back home.

praetor

Arcane
there's already a torrent (ali123) and there's, apparently, a working crack (check oneddl)

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Is it just me or does Jensen talk like Clint Eastwood?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom