Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive gameplay video

Multi-headed Cow

Link doesn't seem to work for me, but it did show me IGN's front page which had an article titled "Is LA Noire sexist?" EXCELLENT JOB IGN YOU ARE VERY JOURNALISMS

Edit: Ah, written by a woman. MYSTERY SOLVED, another successful case for detective Cole Phelps.

J_J_M

Educated
Multi-headed Cow said:
Link doesn't seem to work for me, but it did show me IGN's front page which had an article titled "Is LA Noire sexist?" EXCELLENT JOB IGN YOU ARE VERY JOURNALISMS

Edit: Ah, written by a woman. MYSTERY SOLVED, another successful case for detective Cole Phelps.
Heh, apparently IGN changed the address. Should be fixed now.

Multi-headed Cow

Watched the video. Not really sure why they're making this. Just looks like Counter-Strike Source only with worse weapon models and possibly better looking characters and maps.

Shannow

Waster of Time
It's been nearly a decade since I last played CS, but I don't remember targeting reticules becoming so small so quickly. Otherwise it looks very similar and the molotov cocktails look like a good addition (from the POV of somebody who only played the original on a few LAN parties).

Angthoron

Arcane
Looks funny, I like how the crosshair hardly ever moved vertically in this video, and how little of actual "hey, this is a C-S match" feel there was. I dunno, I've not played for years, but way back then, you actually had to, like, look around, so some asshole wouldn't give you a surprise buttsex with a knife.

Then again, this is for consoles, and it was supposed to show how badass the player is. Mission accomplished.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
CS:S with molotov and shitty menus? fine if that's just an update, but new game? :|

Secretninja

Cipher
They are making it so xbox and ps3 can play with computer peoples. Thats why the buy menus are like that, so you can buy weapons with an analog stick.

Captain Shrek

In fact it looks good. CS already has a very balanced system. I would like to find out how the Molotovs affect the gameplay though.

Angthoron

Arcane
Secretninja said:
They are making it so xbox and ps3 can play with computer peoples. Thats why the buy menus are like that, so you can buy weapons with an analog stick.

What a terrible idea.

The Wizard

Educated
how exactly did they manage to make worse animations and models for the guns then the original cs that was released, when? 2000?

running speed is great, too. now just add a sprinting function and it's like you are really playing cod!

not saying counter strike was some holy grail of gaming, though. game/s sucked, but occasionally they could be fun. if you were really drunk. and at a lan party.

oscar

Arcane
No idea what stupid scheme they'll come up with too balance xbox and ps players since last time they tried this (Shadowrun), the console kids got absolutely raped by keyboard and mouse.

chzr

Scholar
even more retarded graphics and animations than source, and even less recoil... ohwow.jpg

however, if you can play consolefags it's probably worth the lulz i guess

"A classic gets an update and heads to consoles."
IM SO EXITED AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT NNN NN N N NN N N NNN
:lol:

Rhalle

Magister
Glorified map pack + weapon skins release as an excuse to port CS:S to consoles.

And Valve had better get to work-- the weapon skins/animations I use in CS:S currently are superior to the shit from the video.

Updated map textures and HUD admittedly are nice to see, though.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Why the weapon models looks WORSE than Source? I mean, not even random number appearing on the bomb anymore....

MetalCraze said:
"This is a very unforgiving game - there is no regenerating health"
Yeah, he keeps the whole video saying how this is tough and hardcore and you die if shot...how old are game journalist nowadays?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
felipepepe said:
Why the weapon models looks WORSE than Source? I mean, not even random number appearing on the bomb anymore....

I guess they make it for old hardware awesome!

Raapys

Arcane
Gah, gimme a proper remake of the original CS beta 5.2, not this shitty shit.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
felipepepe said:

MetalCraze said:
"This is a very unforgiving game - there is no regenerating health"
Yeah, he keeps the whole video saying how this is tough and hardcore and you die if shot...how old are game journalist nowadays?
Their age probably isn't really the problem bro

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
someone has to attempt to be unnecessary correction dickhead, sorry

and even then the problem isn't necessarily the age of someone else, rather pure fucking IGNorance but that was kind of my point anyway

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom