Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Dance with Rogues - 47 - Divided We Stand (Finished)

My Princess will be Augmented

• The Cloak - Shadowdancer

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • The Dagger - Assassin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Lesi, for the sake of surprise and maximum Codexian reaction, please refrain from spoiling Vico too much or most of the plot points, I'm still finding my ways around and would like to keep the impression 'fresh'.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
I remember playing this, it is pretty free roaming and there are many details put into it, I believe some of the training sessions will be a bit difficult if you are not a str or a dex based build, but I don't really remeber that clearly. I'm pretty sure you need to pass some sort of tests in a little time.

About the author research on the subject and the whole characterization...I don't know if any of you write or paint or have any kind of creation hobby but I can tell you that if you have an idea or a situation or simmply a target mood that drive you creative impulse, is pretty common to go deeply in the said daydream or idea even if at first some of the things you might discover about yourself could be pretty shocking.

I belive that creating is very much linked with your inner self and whent you tap into that part of yourself there are dark thoughts, drives and interests. To some they might be things that attract because they are repelled by it, some other things will bring abhorrence as a reaction and some other yet will be recieved as ah "Ah-Ha! now I understand". While different schools of thoughts and disciplines are divided on how to preoperly label certain pulsions as problems, balance issues and/or whatnot. It is very important to remember that if they are in you there is a reason and whether you want to accept their presence in you or you rather pretend they "were never there", it is a fact that if you recognize and you empathically react to certain depiction, work of art, writing of image, it just means you have a corrispondent side in yourself and that's why, I believe, this brings shock or amusement or even sexual tension.

So if you have a reaction to it it means you already have experienced it to some degree or that at least you are familiar with the emotions involved, in this case, the depiction of the event is fairly depressing, no sense of hope and struggling is useless/brings more pain. As a male, there is a limit on how much I can empathise with her condition, but a friend of mine that got raped conveyed that same feeling of hopelessness and self-deprecation so I'd say it can resonate with anybody because is made fairly realistic.

I'm not sure if this makes sense in English,this is the first time I try to translate something as complicated as this.

RK47

Patron
Krraloth said:
I remember playing this, it is pretty free roaming and there are many details put into it, I believe some of the training sessions will be a bit difficult if you are not a str or a dex based build, but I don't really remeber that clearly. I'm pretty sure you need to pass some sort of tests in a little time.

About the author research on the subject and the whole characterization...I don't know if any of you write or paint or have any kind of creation hobby but I can tell you that if you have an idea or a situation or simmply a target mood that drive you creative impulse, is pretty common to go deeply in the said daydream or idea even if at first some of the things you might discover about yourself could be pretty shocking.

I belive that creating is very much linked with your inner self and whent you tap into that part of yourself there are dark thoughts, drives and interests. To some they might be things that attract because they are repelled by it, some other things will bring abhorrence as a reaction and some other yet will be recieved as ah "Ah-Ha! now I understand". While different schools of thoughts and disciplines are divided on how to preoperly label certain pulsions as problems, balance issues and/or whatnot. It is very important to remember that if they are in you there is a reason and whether you want to accept their presence in you or you rather pretend they "were never there", it is a fact that if you recognize and you empathically react to certain depiction, work of art, writing of image, it just means you have a corrispondent side in yourself and that's why, I believe, this brings shock or amusement or even sexual tension.

So if you have a reaction to it it means you already have experienced it to some degree or that at least you are familiar with the emotions involved, in this case, the depiction of the event is fairly depressing, no sense of hope and struggling is useless/brings more pain. As a male, there is a limit on how much I can empathise with her condition, but a friend of mine that got raped conveyed that same feeling of hopelessness and self-deprecation so I'd say it can resonate with anybody because is made fairly realistic.

I'm not sure if this makes sense in English,this is the first time I try to translate something as complicated as this.

*Holds back tears.*

Thank you, my friend. I vow to finish this LP. To attain Aisha's happiness. At all cost.

:bravo:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I didn't ask for this. Need we rail against every dumbfuck idea here, lest they be enacted?

RK47

Patron
Chapter 02: A New Life

ai.jpg
In my sheltered life, I was not much of a warrior, father would want me to bury myself in books, literature which praise the greatness of God.

01.jpg

03.jpg

ai.jpg
I wasn't very strong then, but healthy enough due to the upbringing in the castle. I shared equal time between studies of philosophy and social skills, befriending scholars and nobles alike.
04.jpg

ai.jpg
My father always told me I've the luck of heroes, and toughness to go along with it.
ai.jpg
In regards to my clerical domains, I was slightly mischievous. Preferring the domain of Trickery and Knowledge, to others such as War and Strength. Knowledge is power, I always felt.
05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

ai.jpg
I was 18 when I escaped from the castle with Vico.

The present.

08.jpg

nat.jpg
Vico, you are back.
vico.jpg
Thge Dhorn killed everyone in the castle. Nobles, cooks, pages, soldiers, didn't matter. They're stripping them all and pile up the corpses in the castle's yard. Not a pretty sight to see. The crows will be feasting rich tonight.
nat.jpg
The royal family?

I dare not spoke a word, Vico's defilement still fresh in my mind.

vico.jpg
The heads of the King and Queen have been mounted on the castle walls. The Queen committed suicide when the upper floors fell. Probably didn't relish the thought of spreading her legs for the invaders.

Bastard, I'll make you pay. I swear this.

vico.jpg
But this little bird stumbled into me while I was making my way out.
nat.jpg
Hmm.
vico.jpg
You know who she is?
nat.jpg
Aisha Hussein.

I shivered. What plans do they have for me?

vico.jpg
I figured she might be useful to us. She may have relatives to pay for her release.
nat.jpg
Dead people don't pay, Vico.
vico.jpg
Given time, perhaps some foreign noble will be interested in marrying her in order to claim the throne.
nat.jpg
Unlikely.
vico.jpg
The Dhorn didn't even take the time to rape the women in the castle. They just killed everybody.

Unlike you, scum. I glared at him, he ignored it and continued his conversation.

vico.jpg
She's a little cutie birdie. Would be a shame to see her wasted like that.
nat.jpg
*Turns to this guard.* Get Chella.
vico.jpg
So, we're going to keep her?
nat.jpg
For now.

A servant entered the room.

09.jpg

nat.jpg
Chella, we have somebody here who needs our shelter for a while.
chel.jpg
Yes, I see that...Oh, but I know her! Isn't she...?
nat.jpg
Do you think you can arrange it so that she's safe with us?
chel.jpg
Possibly, Master Nathan. Maybe if we cut her hair some, and dye it in another color.
nat.jpg
Put her to work in the kitchen, but don't let the customers see her. I doubt anybody will recognize her if she has ash on her cheeks and broken nails from scrubbing pots.
chel.jpg
A shame to ruin her pretty soft skin.
nat.jpg
She'll survive that.
vico.jpg
What about her name?
nat.jpg
It is a common enough name. People name their daughters after the Princess all the time.
chel.jpg
Alright. Come with Chella then, girl. You look like you could use a nice, hot bath.

I followed her wordlessly, desperate for some comfort. I dare not look back at Vico.

10.jpg

They put me into this kitchen where I have to scrub pots and dishes, clean vegetables and wipe the floor. Every day. My world has been reduced to the few rooms I'm working and sleeping in. At first I only wanted to hide, anyway. The nights were terrible, nightmares were haunting my sleep. I was actually glad to be exhausted after my long hours of work so I'd be too tired to think...

I still miss my family a lot. Sometimes when I lie awake, I picture their faces, and it's almost like I can touch them in the dark. The people in the kitchen treat me well enough. Most of the time, anyway, as long as I do my chores. There's Chella. She seems to be the ruler of the kitchen and swings her spoon like a scepter, thus everybody obeys her. She's a really big woman, too. I was afraid of her in the beginning but now I think she's rather nice. Though she often complains that I do not eat enough and that I'm too slim.

Then there's the two cooks, Wally and Denny. They're constantly picking on each other. It is a wonder that they haven't started a fight yet. Well, Chella boxes their ears every now and then, and that seems to bring them back in line. For a while, anyway. Trissa, Sillia and Kellia are also working in the kitchen. Chella told me that much like me they lost their families during the Dhorn attack. Trissa doesn't seem to mind much, however. She's often flirting with the cooks, and a couple of times I've caught her behind the crates with a stranger busying himself between her legs. But all in all, she doesn't pay me a lot of attention.Sillia and Kellia, the two other girls, are twins. They are a couple of years younger than me. Both do not speak a lot. I think something terrible happened to them, at least Chella hinted at that.

Finally there's Caron. He's a bit older than me. Unlike the rest, he's not really working in the kitchen but he's around every now and then, running errands for Chella and the cooks. Trissa usually makes a pretty face at him when she spots him, and I believe I've heard them once behind the crates. I'm not sure if Caron knows who I am, but he's pretty friendly around me. He even showed me a couple of tricks like stealing a plum from someone's pockets or how to pick a lock using needle and twine.

11.jpg

12.jpg

I applied my newly gained knowledge last night. I'm not allowed to leave the kitchen and the adjacent rooms, for my own safety, as everyone told me, but I don't want to be put in a cage. I waited until Chella, the cooks and the girls had gone to sleep and snuck out of my room and down the corridor. Unfortunately, they caught me. Chella didn't say a word and just put me back into bed. I admit I'm a little anxious now. Hopefully she's not too mad at me.

13.jpg

This is my armoire. A spare change of clothes lie inside. I do not need it. Aside from those, it is bare and empty. A far cry from my wardrobe collection in the castle. I sighed and closed it.

14.jpg

Next to my room is Chella's. I opened her armoire from time to time, just to admire the pretty dress inside. She claimed it belonged to her daughter. It's very pretty, but the sheer size of its embroidery and length will make movement very clumsy and awkward. I ran my finger on the fine fabric before putting it back into the armoire. It is not mine. And I've put that life behind me.

I drew a deep breath, and opened the door to the kitchen.

15.jpg

Wally the cook greeted me. I smiled and moved towards Chella to wish her good morning...only to have Trissa standing in my way.

16.jpg

17.jpg

tris.jpg
You stay away from Caron, okay!?
ai.jpg
What are you talking about?
tris.jpg
You know what I mean!
ai.jpg
Explain. Please.
tris.jpg
I saw you last time! Caron had his fingers under your skirt!
ai.jpg
*Blush* That was because he explained me something about pick-pocketing.
tris.jpg
You're such a slut! I saw you and Wally, too! Is there anyone in this kitchen who you haven't fucked yet?!
ai.jpg
He only greeted me! And yesterday we were just making bread!
tris.jpg
*She rolls her eyes.* Riiiight. Keep you hands off Caron! You hear me?
ai.jpg
I am really not trying to take Caron away from you.
tris.jpg
You'd better not, slut! *She turns away.*

I sighed at her juvenile scorn. It's best not to speak further about this with Trissa. I turned towards Chella, who smiled widely at me.

18.jpg

19.jpg

ai.jpg
You're not angry with me?
chel.jpg
I'm too busy to be angry at anybody. *She winks.* But, Master Nathan was here earlier and told me that he wishes to speak to you. He's upstairs, in his room. But first, you get some food in your belly, child! You've been losing weight again! *She studies me disapprovingly.*

I nodded. I haven't had my breakfast.

chel.jpg
What will Master Nathan say if your belly rumbles all the time while he speaks with you?
ai.jpg
Okay, I will get some food.
chel.jpg
Good. *She smiles.*
ai.jpg
Did Master Nathan, uh, say why he wants to speak to me?
chel.jpg
No, he didn't. But I guess it involves your last night's escapade.
ai.jpg
Oh no.. But I didn't try to run away! I just feel sort of like a prisoner here...
chel.jpg
*She smiles.* Don't worry, he won't bite your head off. And if he tries to, I'll box his ears until that silly idea falls out of his thick skull. *She winks.*
ai.jpg
I admit I am a bit nervous to see him...
chel.jpg
Then just get it done, child. *She smiles and goes back to her work.*

No arguments from me, I stepped over to the bread basket and picked the best smelling, warm loaf.

20.jpg

It was slightly sweet, but I missed the warm soup and butter that goes along with it in the castle's halls. I wiped my mouth after I finished, and proceed to the hall outside the kitchen. Caron was there.

21.jpg

22.jpg

ai.jpg
Hello Caron...
car.jpg
Chella told me that you've tried to to sneak away last night. And you didn't even say goodbye to me. Tsk tsk...
ai.jpg
I wasn't trying to run away. I just wanted to get some fresh air...
car.jpg
*He grins.* I was just kidding. You're going to work late tonight?
ai.jpg
Chella didn't tell me yet. Right now I have to go and see Master Nathan.
car.jpg
Ah I see. Well I was hoping to spend some time with you. I've got a new trick, juggling!
ai.jpg
Juggling?
car.jpg
Yeah, it's not so difficult to learn. I'll show you if you want to!

Caron is always nice to me...but I should keep my distance in case Trissa...ah, Trissa is just being Trissa. Who cares about her!

ai.jpg
Sure, that'd be nice.
car.jpg
Great! *He smiles.*
ai.jpg
I suppose I'd better go upstairs and talk to Master Nathan now.
car.jpg
Right. I'll talk to you later!

I took the wrong turn...and nearly stepped to the tavern floor downstairs.

23.jpg

24.jpg

nel.jpg
Hey there, Aisha. Nathan's waiting for you upstairs, in his room.

I nodded and took the steps up to Master Nathan's office.

25.jpg

26.jpg

I half expected Vico to be there...that bastard.

27.jpg

nat.jpg
Aisha. *He turns to face me when I walk into the room.*
ai.jpg
Hello, Master Nathan.
nat.jpg
I hear you've tried to sneak out last night?
ai.jpg
That's...correct.
nat.jpg
Keeping you inside is mainly for your own protection, Aisha. While we've been hiding you, the Dhorn have appointed a mayor who rules the city in their name. They've also killed everybody who was in some was associated with your father. Even within the city guards. Every single man. I don't have to tell you what would happen should the Dhorn learn of you.
ai.jpg
I know...

It was then the realization sank in: I wasn't prepared. I needed more time.

nat.jpg
How do you like working in the kitchen?

I was caught off guard by this question, but decided to answer honestly.

ai.jpg
It's not so bad. Chella and the cooks are quite nice to me.
nat.jpg
I am glad to hear that. I firmly believe working in the kitchen did you good. However, it might be about time we change your working arrangement somewhat...*He glances at me thoughtfully.*

I gave him a curious look. Surely he can't mean? No. No. Calm down. Master Nathan isn't as vile as Vico!

ai.jpg
Yes...my talents are certainly wasted in a kitchen.
nat.jpg
You may have noticed that we do not just run this restaurant, but that we also deal in all sorts of other things here in the city.
ai.jpg
Please tell me more.
nat.jpg
We'll have to see how you fit in. You'll also have to learn a couple of things before we can actually put you to work.

I felt relieved at hearing those words. Finally, a break from this boredom! I try to hide my excitement upon hearing his proposal.

ai.jpg
Yes, I can imagine.
nat.jpg
I'm going to give you the names of seven people here in the city, and tell you where to find them. They'll be your teachers for now, providing you also with an insight into our business activities.

I drew a small tattered journal from my pockets and began to write.

nat.jpg
You'll be allowed to roam freely within the city's limits, though it's needless to say that you should keep your distance from the Dhorn patrols. They've probably forgotten about you by now, but still.
ai.jpg
I'll be very careful, I promise.
nat.jpg
You're also not going to tell anybody who you are. Some people know, and those who don't do not have to. If someone asks, tell them that you're a local citizen, that you've lost your family during the Dhorn attack, and that you've been given shelter at this tavern.
ai.jpg
Understood.
nat.jpg
Ready to write down your teachers' names? Good. It doesn't matter in which order you go through your lessons, but I'd like you to pass them all.
ai.jpg
I'll do my best.
nat.jpg
Your first lesson is about disguising. See Chella about it.
ai.jpg
Chella, disguising. Got it.
nat.jpg
Your second lesson will teach you how to fight and defend yourself. Go to the Tea Shop in North Betancuria and talk to Hatori. He's the man who runs the tavern.
ai.jpg
Fight and tea shop? That...rings hollow.
nat.jpg
Hatori is a wise man. Listen to him closely. Lesson number three is about stealth. Drago will be your teacher. He's working at a warehouse at the harbor in South Betancuria. Be careful around the docks when you go there. The Dhorn have closed all bordellos in the city, so some of the sailors are...desperate.
ai.jpg
*Nods.*
nat.jpg
Joanna will explain to you what the fourth lesson is about. She lives in the south district, 17, Riverroad, second floor. North of the Isle of Men.
ai.jpg
Why don't you tell me what the lesson is about?
nat.jpg
Because I don't know what she has planned for you. For lesson number five, you'll see Yance. He's got brown hair and a forked beard, and can usually be found at the market in the North Betancuria.
ai.jpg
Yance. Market Place. Got it. And what's that lesson about?
nat.jpg
He'll tell you. Lesson six is about how to deal with locks, disarming traps and the like. Your teacher for this will be Alfons. He can be found in the sewers.
ai.jpg
I hope I'll find him.
nat.jpg
Lesson seven is about setting traps. Go to South Betancuria to the One Thousand Steps Inn and see Innkeeper Kelten.
ai.jpg
Alright.
nat.jpg
That will be all for now. I expect you to pay attention and pass these lessons. Afterwards we'll talk about your future. Don't disappoint me.
ai.jpg
I won't, Master Nathan!

I gazed at my journal and pondered the tasks before me. What shall I do first?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Docks of course, so you can get raped again.

The intro-rape wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be, from all the fuss that the module has generated. Although, I side with RK47 here that revenge should definitely be gained - sooner better than later. Vico must die! I really don't get the oh-so-female semi-Stockholm Syndrome thing of having to fall in love with your rapist. Maybe it's an evolutionary useful trait in dire straits but just feels so wrong. Kill Vico the first chance you (hopefully) get!

Haha, just remembered that gay-prison-rape-LP Black Cat was doing some time ago. It was the exact same thing, you're supposed to bond with your rapist. Probably was written by a woman too.
codex_troll.gif

korenzel

Educated
The tone certainly switches back and forth. From a generic but well executed premise, to a tasteless and out-of-the-blue rape scene, leading to a light hearted training sequence with a wise master...

So, Rogue/Cleric then ? That sounds like a good choice, as you won't have to rely on any NPC. Domains seem a little redundant with the rogue skills, unless you don't intend to take more than a couple levels of Rogue to get Uncanny Dodge, Evasion and enough skill points to max a few skills. Fourteen wisdom for a main cleric seems a little low though.

Erebus

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
Haha, just remembered that gay-prison-rape-LP Black Cat was doing some time ago. It was the exact same thing, you're supposed to bond with your rapist.

Yeah, but it's a hentai game made by Japanese. You don't take it seriously and, in fact, you'd be disappointed if it didn't have some crazy shit in it. :)

Mind you, if the heroine can really get raped by a dog in this module, then looking at it as if it were a japanese hentai game might be appropriate.

Anyway, if our previous experiences have taught us anything, it's that we really need to take some self-defence lessons. I'm voting for the second mission.

felicity

Scholar
The over-reaction to rape fiction is plain hypocrisy when excessive and graphical depictions of violence are not considered as offensive. Protagonist-with-traumatic-past is standard for dark anti-hero and in a large category of Shonen. I guess it is a different case when the protagonist is a woman?

Your choices of dialog determine the tone of the story, so the game could be pretty light hearted if you wanted to play it that way. Apart from the rape in introduction, every dark-and-gritty sexual assault could be avoided in some way. You could even play the princess as a sexual devil who uses sex as a tool to manipulate your enemy. In my playthrough I rarely choose the damsel-in-distress options since they usually give the least rewards.

Black Cat

Magister
GarfunkeL said:
The intro-rape wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be, from all the fuss that the module has generated. Although, I side with RK47 here that revenge should definitely be gained - sooner better than later. Vico must die! I really don't get the oh-so-female semi-Stockholm Syndrome thing of having to fall in love with your rapist. Maybe it's an evolutionary useful trait in dire straits but just feels so wrong. Kill Vico the first chance you (hopefully) get!

So much for shades of gray and character development in RPGCodex, defining the character and deciding to hate him after a five minutes long scene just because he shocked you. :roll:

:rpgcodex: I am dissapoint.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
GarfunkeL said:
Docks of course, so you can get raped again.

Haha, just remembered that gay-prison-rape-LP Black Cat was doing some time ago. It was the exact same thing, you're supposed to bond with your rapist. Probably was written by a woman too.
codex_troll.gif
Just wait for the gladiator gang-rape with them running at you with their erect cocks.

Erebus

Arcane
Black Cat said:
So much for shades of gray and character development in RPGCodex, defining the character and deciding to hate him after a five minutes long scene just because he shocked you. :roll:

You're right, we should take the time to really explore his inner depths.

I suggest using a rusty kukri for the task.

Vaarna_Aarne said:
Just wait for the gladiator gang-rape with them running at you with their erect cocks.

...I think I'm not going to be taking this module seriously much longer.

Cassidy

Arcane
Black Cat said:
GarfunkeL said:

Are we supposed to love the buttrape Machete Squads drenched in blood and babymeat when ITZ comes?

*Edit:

Why must some indirect reference come up every time someone mentions ITZ?

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Erebus said:
Black Cat said:

You're right, we should take the time to really explore his inner depths.

I suggest using a rusty kukri for the task.

I approve.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
He didn't *shock* me, he just wronged our character, hence he must die. Same thing why the alien civilization that dared to destroy my survey ship in Aurora will die in a glorious nuclear holocaust of planetary proportions and why Firkraag must die in BG2 after messing up the protagonist. In this case, I don't mind the rape - and I wouldn't have minded it in the other game either, as long as the game/author doesn't railroad us/player into forgiving the culprit and then "loving" them in some twisted sense of the word.

Esquilax

Arcane
Holy shit, RK actually did it. Hah, I didn't think you'd actually go through with making an LP of this mod!

Black Cat said:
GarfunkeL said:

There might be more to him than just being an asshole rapist, but as far as our PC is concerned, why should she give a fuck about that? He did something terrible to her, so he's gotta pay. She was once a chaste Muslim woman pledged to the handsome and fabulously wealthy Prince Andhaira of the Andhairavid Empire, but now all those dreams are gone.

Honestly, this mod... isn't bad at all so far. Right off the bat, one thing it does better than 99% of RPG's is providing you with an actually convincing motivation for progressing the story and doing quests. In most games you just progress the story because it's what you're supposed to do, but here you progress the story because you want to kill the motherfuckers who raped you. It sure beats being introduced to some family that you're supposed to care about for some vaguely defined reason and then killing them off in the first ten minutes of the game.

Only Planescape: Torment and Mask of the Betrayer come to mind as games that provide a convincing personal motivation for your character, it's sorely lacking in most games.

Black Cat

Magister
@ GarfunkeL
@ Esquilax

The point is that it comes as kind of retarded to hate a main character for something that happens in the first five minutes of a story, given the amount of presence they will have means they can quite easily make up for that later. Or not, but then that's the point.

My entire point was that the creed of gray morality and difficult topics comes out as a bit shallow given the reactions. Other than that, cheers.

On other things, it has nothing to do with Stockholm Syndrome and the like. The problem is that you, as guys, can really understand the difference between rape and, like, rape. If you are a girl playing this game, or playing Enzai for example, you are already know what is going to happen, and that's the entire point.

There is little of rape about it given the characters are there to appeal to you, and the character you control is nothing but a tool by which to interact with those hot characters. If you want to talk about rape, is the equivalent of going no, no, please no to your boyfriend when you are actually more into it than he is and you actually had to convince him of tying you up. There is nothing of rape into it, jeez.

Also, let me laugh my ass off at everyone enjoying Rance raping girls but hating it when they are controlling the female character. :roll:

But then I don't want to bother RK so let's continue this argument elsewhere if you want to do so.

@ Cassidy

It's pretty hard to answer that without spoiling half the storyline, so... Viva baby meat? :P

@ Lesifoere

About the previous comment on Tsunderes and stuffies, it's pretty normal on Otome games, basicaly games targeted at young and not so young girls that have romance as a main focus of the storyline, to have the tsundere be straight out abusive or even to rape the main character in certain conditions, though that is highly dependant on the target submarket and the kind of story it's telling. In many games and stories rape is instrumental part of the love/hate routes, along with other kinds of abuse, or even the entire point of certain routes.

Or rape, at least. Like, the Bodice Ripper version of rape. Not actual rape, which is the entire point of it all and what most guys on this thread do not really understand.

Some people in the west confuse that with the Yandere, but Yandere romance refers to straight out sociopaths that are somehow romanceable and not to love/hate relationships. The Tsundere may throw a lot of abuse or even rape to a character, the Yandere is a straight out sociopath that literally tortures and humiliates the main character on a constant basis, so abuse and rape in Yandere romances are kind of just the start and nothing to write home about.

Myself, I don't generally get the Yandere fetish but to each her own and all that.

RK47

Patron
Chapter 03: The Taste of Freedom

I decided to speak to Chella first, regarding the first lesson. As I returned to the floor below, a piece of paper caught my attention.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Perhaps one day, I'd be able to afford those dresses on my own.

03.jpg

04.jpg

ai.jpg
It was not so bad, all in all.
chel.jpg
And? What did he say?
ai.jpg
He said that he'd like me to work for him. And that I should talk to you about a lesson.
chel.jpg
So he thinks that you are ready to venture out into the city again. Please, oh please, my little Aisha, be very careful, will you? These are dangerous times! I keep hearing from people who've just disappeared from one day to the next.

She hugs me tightly. I returned the hug.

ai.jpg
I will be careful, Chella. I promise.
chel.jpg
Good. Now for the lesson. Well, what I want to teach you, other than how to survive in a kitchen with two crazy cooks in it is how to change your appearance in such a way that even your own mother wouldn't recognize you, should she stand right here before you.
ai.jpg
Master Nathan told me as much, yes.
chel.jpg
Basically, you want to make people see somebody else when they look at you. That can be arranged with expensive make-up and pearls just as well as with ash on your cheecks and dirty finger nails. It all depends on the role you want to play.

I nodded in agreement. I trust Chella completely and it always pays to listen to her advice.

chel.jpg
The beauty shop in the city is where you can get your hair done, a make-up, manicure, perfume, all things like that. If you want to be a princess, that's the place to go. You also need the corresponding clothes, of course. I have a dress that would fit you, it's in my room. Feel free to borrow it any time you want, but please don't lose it. It belonged to my daughter, it's very dear to me.
ai.jpg
What happened to your daughter, Chella?
chel.jpg
She...died a few years ago. A fever took her.
ai.jpg
I'm sorry to hear that.
chel.jpg
*She nods.* Well, back to the lesson. The downside with being a princess is that everybody will be looking at you, and we don't want that for now, do we?
ai.jpg
I guess not.
chel.jpg
If you don't want people to pay attention, it is a good idea to pretend to be poor. A lot of people won't even look at you if you are dressed in rags. As if poverty were some illness they could catch.
chella.jpg
There's also the possibility of pretending to be of the other sex. Though that would be very difficult in your case.

She smiles and points at my bosom.

ai.jpg
Yes, I know.
chel.jpg
As a test, and in order to practice, I want you to disguise yourself as a street beggar girl. You should not have difficulties finding the right make-up. As for clothes, you can get some from a beggar in the streets, though there are few of them left with the Dhorn making their life miserable. Perhaps you can find one at the harbor. But stay away from the sailors if you go there. I really mean that, they can be very dangerous.
ai.jpg
I will be careful. I promise.
chel.jpg
These people are not nice, Aisha. If one takes a fancy of you, he won't ask, if you understand what I mean.
ai.jpg
I..I know how to defend myself.

She gives me a doubtful look.

chel.jpg
You can also ask a tailor to make the required clothes for you. Master Gaston runs a decent tailor shop in the city. You could just tell him that you want it for a costume ball. That might be costly, though. But whatever you do, never ever tell people who you are. They'd sell you to the Dhorn for the prospect of a few coins.
ai.jpg
I won't, Chella. I'm not that stupid.
chel.jpg
*She smiles and nods.* Come back to me when you are ready to test your beggar girl outfit. We'll go upstairs and see if you can fool Master Nathan's bodyguards. If you succeed, you have learned my lesson.

I thanked her and ready myself to go.

chel.jpg
Oh, and...

She grabs my hand and softly presses a few coins into it.

chel.jpg
This is for your work here, child. But don't spend it at once!

I looked at the 4 gold coins in my palm and nodded. So, let's get working on that disguise.

05.jpg

Chella mentioned ashes from the oven would be sufficient to dirty my looks.

06.jpg

Yes, this should be sufficient.

07.jpg

Before leaving, I returned to my room to prepare my prayers and blessings. I rested soundly that night. Excited at leaving this place for the first time.

08.jpg

I'm ready. I walked swiftly down to the tavern floor.

09.jpg

10.jpg

I paid no attention to the patrons and make my way out. Eager to taste freedom!

11.jpg

12.jpg

Nothing changed now...I'm still afraid.

13.jpg

I don't even know the street I was in. Acorn? I noted it in my journal.

14.jpg

It's night, and the Dhorn patrols relentlessly. I kept my distance as Chella advised.

15.jpg

Ah, the dressmaker. Someday, I'll get a fine dress done here.

16.jpg

I located the streets to the harbor after a few minutes of searching, but I remembered perhaps I should learn how to defend myself before heading there.

17.jpg

As I sought the tea shop as Master Nathan instructed, a man on the sidewalk called out to me in a rude manner.

man2.jpg
Hey there, cunt! How much? Hehe!
18.jpg

ai.jpg
What's wrong with you?
man2.jpg
Hehe nothing. *He laughs.*

I ignored him and moved on.

19.jpg

So this is the tea shop. Unfortunately, I rested for too long and it's too late for me to enter. The shop was closed for the day. I could not pick the lock. I decided to just enter the harbor, seeking a beggar to sell me his clothes.

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

Burnt down buildings, sailors and laborers toil at night. The harbor is an eerie place.

24.jpg

A group of people has gathered around something. I decided to approach.

25.jpg

pass.jpg
Have you heard yet? They've found a dead soldier drifting down the river!
ai.jpg
Oh, what happened?
pass.jpg
Nobody knows. A citizen saw the body and called the patrol! If you ask me, it looks like somebody murdered him!

I watched as several Dhorn soldiers examine the body. A nasty gash could be seen across the throt. The corpse is swollen, its skin sickly white, half its hair gone. It is obvious that the corpse has been under water for a few days.

pass.jpg
That's going to mean trouble if you ask me. They're surely going to investigate this. I'd better be off, and you too, if you'e smart!

I decided to move a distance away, and watched as the Dhorn pick up the body of their comrade and walk away without comment. The remaining citizens scatter.

27.jpg

I still can't find any beggar. Honestly! Bored, I decided to try my luck at an abandoned house.

28.jpg

Looking around to make sure no guards would see me, I picked the lock.

29.jpg

I was surprised by the high pitched screeching sound as I entered. A rat, larger than anyone I've seen took offense of my trespass. It bared its fangs.

30.jpg

I quickly called on the Almighty's blessing and summoned a badger to my aid.

31.jpg

It tore at the rat mercilessly.

32.jpg

A brief search of the house yields a chest with 22 gold coins inside. I smiled proudly and scanned the rest of the house. The carpet looks...odd.

33.jpg

Ah ha! A hidden trap door!

34.jpg

Oh...so much cobwebs..and it's dark.

35.jpg

I heard nary a thing when I spotted a large figure approach me. Only when it got closer I realized I'm face to face with a Giant Spider!

36.jpg

I shrieked in terror and ran upstairs as the badger died protecting me.

37.jpg

Dazed, I stumbled out of the house into a dark alley.

38.jpg

39.jpg

Oh no, Aisha...you stupid, stupid girl! I try to hide my fear as more of his friends appear from the shadow to approach me.

man.jpg
Greetings, lovely lady. *He bows.* I don't think I've had the please to meet you before...?

I eye him warily.

man.jpg
May I introduce myself? My name is Rick Cars, and these people behind me are my associates. We are the owners of this admittedly small part of the city.

He points to the surrounding buildings.

ai.jpg
I'm sorry, I didn't know I was stepping into private territory.
man.jpg
Fear not, M'lady. Though it is hard task these days to keep the scum off the street. Sadly, the Dhorn do not seem to care about this small corner of the city. However, rest assured, my associates and I do our best to keep the place clean and secure so even such a delicate person like you may pass by unmolested.
ai.jpg
That's...very nice of you.
man.jpg
Well, yes. Keeping this place safe requires certain investments, which undoubtedly would ruin us in short order if we did not ask for a small token of support from the people who use our street so we can make sure it stays safe.
ai.jpg
And what would a small token be?
man.jpg
Usually we take all the money our customers have with them. However, in your case, we're going to make an exception....

I felt slightly relieved. I thought about the right amount to pay him off and took my attention off him to look into my purse.

man.jpg
Grab her!
ai.jpg
What?
40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

Hours later...

43.jpg

Black Cat

Magister
@ RK47

Did you walk into the alley intentionally or was it just an accident? :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom