Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squad Battles Falklands was released

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
<strong>[ Announcement ]</strong>

<p>In a rather stunning oversight we forget to report that the latest in <a href="http://johntillersoftware.com/index.html">John Tiller Software's</a> Squad Battles series has been released. This time you get to slog it out between the Brits and the Argies in <a href="http://johntillersoftware.com/SquadBattles/Falklands.html">Squad Battles Falklands.</a> </p> <blockquote><p><em>Squad Battles Falklands</em> lets you recreate this short, but sharp war between Great Britain and Argentina over what boiled down to little more than national honor. As the British player you can command some of the finest troops in the world, including the SAS, SBS, Paras and Royal Marine Commandos as you try to return British sovereignty to a part of the Commonwealth. Or as the Argentine player, your command includes Army commandos, paratroopers and the conscripts who fought with pride for the love of their country. The wind-swept, barren hills of the <em>Islas Malvinas</em> await you.</p></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

Jason

chasing a bee
Whoa, how did I miss this? Many folks have been waiting for a Falklands SB for some time. Not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger on a $40 download, though.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
SB games are usually pretty fun. How's this one?

No idea. Never played it. SB games are usually a save bet in that they present some interesting scenarios within an easy to play system. What I don't like is how limited the system is and how limited the SB games are. Every few months a new game with the old mechanics with only some new units and scenarios? Nah, thanks.

oscar

Arcane
I remember the Operation Barbarossa one was boring as hell, but the Winter War one was awesome. Really impressively researched, interesting scenarios (I'l never almost being overwhelmed by the Russian advance only to receive a motherfucking armored train as reinforcement and driving the Stalinites back under a massive hail of cannon and machine gun fire.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
SB is at its best when it has interesting and well scripted scenarios. In that aspect Winter War is one of the best.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom