Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TF2 released for free

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The gambler in me wants to open them so much, but I think I'll listen to your advice. Thanks bro :salute: .

Apart from few drops just when I started playing I was getting absolutely nothing, not even a box. Today stuff just keeps on falling out. I found demoman boots, flamethrower, another box and 2x bow. So anyone interested in bow or boxes(26 and 27)? I could use some stuff for soldier.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
JohnTheRevelator said:
Apart from few drops just when I started playing I was getting absolutely nothing, not even a box. Today stuff just keeps on falling out. I found demoman boots, flamethrower, another box and 2x bow. So anyone interested in bow or boxes(26 and 27)? I could use some stuff for soldier.

That would be the drop system, the theory is, you can only gain so many items per week, after you have got your quota you get cut off, but some of the time played will roll over for the next week, and you will get your drops rather frequently. Its on Thursday at some time, I think Midnight Pacific time, not 100% sure, read it on the TF2wiki a while back. So just keep playing while its still fun, dont worry too much about items if you do, there are idle servers.

I mainly go pyro on an instaspawn 2Fort and just level up my strange Flamer and Shotgun (would be using my normal Flamer and Flare gun instead if I didnt have stranges, traded exactly for those, the ones I only really wanted, quite happy with them) Right now, getting items is a nice side benefit of playing for fun.

If you check out the Steam forums trading area you may be able to unload some things, or get an idea on pricing, however ask the cow.

Oooh so it's random but not really. BTW what's the deal with leveling weapons? They deal more damage or something?

Ps. Just found crossbow for medic. :D

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Secretninja said:
Strange weapons change their name as you get kills with them. No additional damage or anything though.

Purely cosmetic, I just do it because Pyro is my most favourite class. Backblasting rockets and grenades, pushing scouts around, separating a medic from his uber target, lighting up spies and trashing their sappers, basically being a massive dick to the other side.

dragonfk

Erudite
So Cow tell me. If I don't intend to buy a key for the crates I may as well just delete them? Or do they have some market value?

Multi-headed Cow

Very very slight trading value. Strange weapon series crates might be worth around a weapon each, maybe. Brand new crate series are usually worth more for a short period, so if you want to you can hop on that.

Mostly useless, so either delete them or stockpile a whole bunch and trade them at once.

dragonfk

Erudite
Well I've got like 10 of them right now, so maybe I'll try to sell them to someone. Hmm where's the best place for trading? Steam forums?

dragonfk

Erudite
Well, I was thinking about selling bunch of crates for a single item(not importantly a useful one, I just need them for crafting), cause if I don't I'll just delete them.

Thx for suggestions.

Multi-headed Cow

Probably at least 20, the more the better typically. Still, if he's only looking for a single particular weapon or something 10 should probably work.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
My advice is don't bother trading unless you have some super rare item. Otherwise it simply isn't worth the time investment.

Multi-headed Cow

That's also quite true. I go on trading binges occasionally because I am a pervert and enjoy TF2 item trading once in a while, but it can be time consuming.

Speaking of which, a buddy who dislikes hats gave me a Bill's hat, vintage tyrant's helm, vintage sports shine, vintage whoopee cap, vintage camera beard, Foster's facade, stockbroker's scarf, Ellis' cap, Alien Swarm parasite, ghastlier gibus and 1 refined. Gave me a vicious hatgasm. :bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom