Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stubbs the Zombie

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So.. I was wondering about the Codex experiences with this game - it seems not that well known as one would imagine.

The possibility to detach your hand and use it separately of the body was quite original and actually playing as a zombie, instead of killing zombies as the only human left.

Please, share experiences with this little gem (or was it utter shit ? no I do not agree)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played it for a while about two years back or so. It was okay, pretty cool ideas, very linear though. Challenging at parts, and you have some interesting abilities to use as weapons.

Overall it's an okay action game, but I didn't finish it. Gets repetitive after a while, as far as I remember, mostly due to corridor-like levels, which is probably why I stopped. Might be worth a torrent, though, it was pretty interesting in the beginning and the humour's not too bad.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Always wanted to try it but thought it was console only like that game were you play teh aliens and kill humans.
Turns out Stubbs is on PC and I did archive it on my external and its on my to-try list, a very big list...

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
I remember playing it around the release - so roughly 6 years ago. Except the soundtrack and that it was generally fun I can't recall much else about the game.
But the idea itself is original and the humorous approach worked well as far as I remember.
Worth acquiring I'd say.

Eyeball

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
I played it for a while about two years back or so. It was okay, pretty cool ideas, very linear though. Challenging at parts, and you have some interesting abilities to use as weapons.

Overall it's an okay action game, but I didn't finish it. Gets repetitive after a while, as far as I remember, mostly due to corridor-like levels, which is probably why I stopped. Might be worth a torrent, though, it was pretty interesting in the beginning and the humour's not too bad.
Agree with all of this. I did finish it though.

I recommend piracy - it is a fun little game and well worth spending the 6 hours or so it'll take you to finish it.

Multi-headed Cow

I played through on the original Xbawx and had a pretty good time. Later bought it on Steam and tried to launch it and
Angthoron said:
The fucking thing doesn't work on Win7.

Sordid Jester

Educated
Not a bad game by any stretch, but does suffer from being repetitive as anythin'. Fun watching your little zombies go on a spree.

Good for a playthrough and maybe a pick-up once in a while just to watch zombies be zombies.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The ideas were far better than the execution.
Still it was p good for a console game.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Picked it up for a song some years after its release. It's a Halo clone with a few new additions, but nothing more than that.

The humour, however, is what redeems this game. Just lurking somewhere and listening to two security guards shooting the breeze can be hilarious. Also some of the phrases when people are being attacked by zombies, like "It's eating my braaaaiiiinnn!" will make you smile.

Not a good game, but it's fun to play at least once.

ortucis

Prophet
I played the demo and even my cousin who was watching me play the game agreed, the game was boring, it sucked, it was balls, it was shit, it was crap, it was ass-juice... etc. etc.

PS: it wasn't funny. Maybe if you are brain-dead, you would find it funny.

bert

Arcane
ortucis said:
PS: it wasn't funny. Maybe if you are brain-dead, you would find it funny.

:what: :bravo:

I played and finished it around release, it was pretty fun. Don't recall any of it though.

Phelot

Arcane
It's made by Alex Seropian, co-founder of Bungie who left to make awful Mac games around when Halo 4329 was being made.

ALEX, FIND GREG KIRKPATRICK AND MAKE MARATHON 4 DO IT FAGGOT

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom