Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Watching RS vs. TSM

Maokai + Ryze bot. OLOLOLOLOLOL

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
First time with Talon: 19/5/25

You know, I really have to rescind all my mean spirited commentary about him, turns out everyone I've ever seen playing him has just sucked donkey balls.

Also played Nocturne. Would definitely buy him for jungling if he weren't so fucking expensive.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
First time with Karma: 11/8/25

Holy fucking shit she is awesum. Especially that R + E suicide bombing, extremely lolzy :thumbsup:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Well, my first time with Talon is 25/7/10, I almost always I have great starts with new characters, thought that could be because everybody's trying new characters and they all utterly fail.

Also tried amumu... won't do it again :roll:

So, are there any sites out there with quality discussion and builds? The only three sites I know about that discusses lol are mobafire, leaguecraft and official forums, and they are all filled with questionable tips and guides.

DakaSha

Arcane
ive actually been playing a weird AP/HP shen just for fun (and actually get positive scores while still fullfilling some tanking roles) and the changes to him are nice

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
herostratus said:
So, are there any sites out there with quality discussion and builds? The only three sites I know about that discusses lol are mobafire, leaguecraft and official forums, and they are all filled with questionable tips and guides.

What BirdsCanFly said. Approved and Featured guides on solomid are great :thumbsup:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Great patch!

Like the Garen changes - pumpin' up his late game and nerfing his early game instead of going all crazy with the nerfhammer and reducing him to his earlier uselessness.

Taric Ult remake seems cool, though I'd have liked it if it slowed enemies (the damage is so-so).

Mordekasier changes - lol... that's all I have to say.

Shen changes - oooh, this will be interesting. He's a helluva dangerous jungler since he can teleport in whenever. He's one of the only champs left with a global tele, sadly.

Brand - Haha, shit, I love Riot. Brand is where he's supposed to be, and Riot knows it, yet people whine shit about good AP Carry laners all the time. So what does Riot do? Hit him with some insignificant nerf. Seriously, the damage part of the nerf is inconsequential. The range nerf on his E might be a more serious nerf - but it won't affect his flash-initiate or his harass much.

Lupus

Liturgist
Smartcast items! Potion queue! Clairvoyance and wards reset jungle camps on minimap! Singed minibuff!

And Shen might be able to jungle at reasonable speed again. This is like the best patch ever.

Ps. Insignificant Garen nerf lol. I will proceed to stomp top lane as I did previous 3 weeks.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Riven.

Is.

FUCKING.

AWESOME!

She's like a Bubbi Bear on crack cocaine, delivering DEATH by Facestab. She's quite possibly the most hilarious fun I've had with a champ in forever.

Forget the smacktards who watched the champ spotlight and say she should be top. She can be counterpicked. She'll struggle against ranged or champs with lots of sustain. Jungle riven is where it's at BROs.
I run the following at the moment: 21/0/9. Attack Damage Reds, Flat armor yellows. Flad CDR Blues, Attack Damage Quints. Start item is dorans blade. Skill Order QWEEWR-> W>E>R

You start at wolf camp. You're going to need a ghetto pull. Basically you attack the wolves so they target you, then mid fires whichever spell they took at them and leaves. It's important you pick up the aggro first, since your Q will only hit all 3 wolves if they remain at their start locations. Your Q resets the autoattack timer, so you want to fire each of its 3 activations immediately after an autoattack for maximum DPS.
Smite blue wraith at max distance. This'll let you hit lv2 and get your stun. Stun the small wraiths, then do your attack->q->attack->q->attack->q->attack combo again. You should be at ~75% hp
Continue to small golems. Careful, this is where you wll be vilnerable to counterjungle. Stun and q-combo until one dies, then kite the other until your cooldowns refresh and stun+q-combo. You should be at ~100hp when both golems die.

Congratulations! Awesome will now commence.

Bluepill, wait 4-5 secs for the last gold you need to buy cloth armor. Now gank a sidelane. Top if you are blue, bot if you are purple. Use E to dash in followed by spamming Q to close the gap. Stun with W and use your passive to deal massive autoattack damage. If it fails, don't sweat. Don't dive. Head to blue. If you feel greedy you can take it, but you don't really need it. Donate it to mid if he wasn't a douchebag in champ select. Mid will have to be fairly quick in claiming it though, since you don't want to take too much damage tanking it. continue clearing jungle, but leave red.
Bluepill. Depending on how well your ganks went, you want tems in the following order: Vampiric Scepter, Boots, Longsword, Madreds Bloodrazor, Wriggles Lantern. (Yes, I've actually managed to complete a wriggles lantern on my second back today after scoring a triple kill top at lv3).

Now claim red buff and gank.

Rivens core items: Wriggles lantern, Boots (merc, ninja, ionian depending on enemy team), Phage, Brutalizer.
- Upgrade Phage to Mallet, then get an atmas, then brutalizer to youmuus. Then get more tanky items.

You can do dragon with help from bot once you're lv4 and have finished your madreds. Or solo it from lv 6 if you have finished wriggles, start at full hp and use your ult+smite.

Pros: Hilariously fun to play. Can gank pretty early. Can donate every blue buff (and every red buff from the 2nd onwards) without impacting her jungle. Pretty strong ganks with 2 dashes and a stun. High damage even if built tanky.

Cons: Dies hard to focus fire. Initial jungle lv 1-3 gets you pretty low.

Getting the timing right for combos feels pretty rewarding. With max CDR her ultimate has a cooldown of 27 sec and her E is around 4 sec. your E won't let you move through walls. but other than that it works pretty much like a nidalee pounce meets Vaynes tumble. It's v. good for juking skillshots and chasing.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Also as an aside, I had some decent success with main tank solotop taric before realizing how UTTERLY CRAZY AWESOME Riven is.

Armpedn red, mana regen yellow, scaling MR blue, flat hp quint. 0/21/9 or 9/21/0. Start meki + health pots. First back should give you tear of the goddess and possibly catalyst if you farmed well. Core items are Frozen Heart, Rod of Ages, Manamune, spirit Visage, Banshee, in that order.

It'll put him at CDR max, give him ~9.5k effective HP after armor/mr are factored in and 295 AD once RoA/Manamune are farmed and he activates his ult. Can stun for 1.5sec every 4 secs and his shatter is a decent mininuke with rod of ages.

His laning is quite decent too. Autoattacking minions makes his heal spammable (on himself for 140% effect) so long as you have mana. Dazzle+shatter makes for a pretty kickass setup for your jungler to start his gank as well as basic harrass so long as you're a little careful with mana usage.

Lupus

Liturgist
I kinda have mixed feelings about Riven. She has definitely awesome kit, dashing around being untargetable prick feels great, but she could have bit more damage to make her jungle easier, as she can get counterjungled hard just by stealing wraiths.
I think her E dash distance could be little longer so she would be able to jump by walls. Also they should reduce animation for W, cause it's almost as long as duration of that stun. :/
Overall she's fun, but there are better picks for jungle than Riven now.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Best Riven was the one we played with yesterday. At level 13 behind everyone in 3 levels, with only the ghostblade and no other items. Next item - phage. Boots are for faggots :troll:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Lupus_ said:
I kinda have mixed feelings about Riven. She has definitely awesome kit, dashing around being untargetable prick feels great, but she could have bit more damage to make her jungle easier, as she can counterjungled hard just by stealing wraiths.

Tried a custom game where I assumed wraith camp got stolen (skipped it on first run).

Start wolves. smite small golems, level W. Bluepill, buy 2 hp pots. go to blue golem, kill a small creep, retreat. Drink a potion, kill the other small creep, retreat. wolves respawn, kill them. smite is up again. Kill blue golem with smite, drink potion, move on to respawned wraiths.

Level 4 in 4:41. Clear small golems, bluepill, shop, redbuff, gank.

I felt like playing some LoL. Got into normal game, picked Singed (because ofc no one wants to tank, well I would have picked him anyway). Oh boy I suck, went 4/7/23 I think. I died way too many times because of very basic mistakes. Well not that I wouldn't expect that after yet another long break from LoL. I really like longer range on singed they gave him this patch. It doesn't sound like much but it actually helps a lot. One Teemo kept miscalculating and ended up flinged into my team quite few times.

Other than that I thought Ulminati is overreacting with amount of moonspeak and dumbfuckery on EUPotato and the sad thing is he is pretty much right (yes I know I'm late to party but this was my first normal game since split). Don't get me wrong LoL community was always that but now it's even worse. Russians kept spamming their weird letters (it's alright though I doubt they had anything worthwhile to say anyway), there was also some scandinavian which actually started using english when I said I can't understand him. As for dumbfuckery... well where do I start? Hmm ok. First of all 0 coordination, I was only person in my team that broke double digits on assist. People kept going around on their own (thankfully other team did exactly the same) and were notoriously spamming "noob" after they got killed... Seriously? Are we in kindergarten now?

Everyone complains about kill stealing. I hated it before but now it's just :x . Every time anyone gets a kill it's a kill steal. Seriously my first kill in game. I'm with some new champion (chick with sword) on lane against maokai and their jungler Trundle comes for a gank. I take major hits and start withdrawing ofc with poison on. Moron trundle chases me into tower range and dies to poison (yes I didnt even have to fling him), that's all I did whole fight pretty much, add in odd fling and glue pool. My lane partner? OMG KILL STEAL.

Ps. Anyone else playing in potato ghetto? I've sent one request to Roxor so far. I'm too lazy to read whole thread to find more.

Norfleet

JohnTheRevelator said:
I was only person in my team that broke double digits on assist.
JohnTheRevelator said:
Every time anyone gets a kill it's a kill steal.
And maybe these two points might be related somehow? I imagine no one is assisting because they would be yelled at for stealing if they did.

DakaSha

Arcane
I play singed quite a bit and and im very successful with him. I cant help thinking hes OP but its prob just more psychological. People get so mad at his shit that they do stupid shit.

My fav thing to do with singed on twisted treeline is to run into the enemy team (all three of them), draw them towards one of those round bush areas.. then to just run non stop in circles with poison on and flinging every now and then.

Either:

a) My team shows up and they all die
b) my team doesnt show up and at least 2 of them die before i do
c) i actually kill all 3.

Its fucking hilarious

Lupus

Liturgist
Singed is awesome, because you can do batshit insane things no other champion can do and get away with that with few kills and assists. Get top lane, farm Catalyst up = never die again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom