Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The "I am actually playing DXHR" thread.

Thrasher

Erudite
Some of them had unopenable back doors; not sure about all of them.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
The sewer areas were indeed funny, because there were doors that opened one way.

You could see there was a part of the sewers beyond those doors, but you couldn't access them. If you managed to come to the other side of those doors, you could open them with a keypad.

juggernaut

Educated
canakin said:
Just finished the game, it was good and all but why the game didn't let me bang the pilot girl : (

it was the first time in my life i wanted a romance option in a game

:decline: of my avatar. time to change!

Gord

Arcane
1992103.jpg

:lol:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's a reference to Demolition Man, where in the future there was no toilet paper but 3 mysterious seashells. It is never revealed how they work.

Gerrard

Arcane
I thought there was something stupid going on with the inventory:
- you can stack mines up to 3, and they take 2 squares, but you can't stack grenades which take one square and clearly are like 5-6 times smaller than a mine
- then I found that you can't stack mine templates either, despite them being the same size as mines

So basically, the amazing programmers at Eidos couldn't make items that can be combined stack.

Thrasher

Erudite
I just think its an error in the stacking limit for mines. I wish there was a hack that increased the stacking limit to infinity for everything. I hate inventory tetris.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Thrasher said:
I just think its an error in the stacking limit for mines. I wish there was a hack that increased the stacking limit to infinity for everything. I hate inventory tetris.

It's not "inventory tetris" which is the point, that's just a by product. The fucking point is to limit the player's access to the toolbox so that you will have to make choices on which utilities to benefit from.

FFS

Thrasher

Erudite
Its idiotic that you have to drop shit just to pick up a gigantic upgrade for a weapon that you may have stored somewhere else or may not have room for. Not fun.

Thrasher

Erudite
Unless you like going back and forth. To me that is tedious. But perhaps one man's tedium is another man's orgasm.

baronjohn

Cipher
This is why we can't have good games. It's not the retardo press. It's not the jews. It's because publishers listen to idiotic whiners like you.

Thrasher

Erudite
Yes, right, good games require a lot of tedious back and forth. Bad simulations of non existent backpacks. Herp Derp.

Dark Matter

Prophet
Thrasher said:
Yes, right, good games require a lot of tedious back and forth. Bad simulations of non existent backpacks. Herp Derp.
Who's making you go back and forth? That's your choice if you want to play the game like an aspie retard who feels the need to collect every single item in the game.

Thrasher

Erudite
How do you know what you will need unless you've played it already or read a walkthrough? But please continue with the moronic comments.

Dark Matter

Prophet
Thrasher said:
How do you know what you will need unless you've played it already or read a walkthrough? But please continue with the moronic comments.
All the items you actually need are in a separate inventory (quest items). You don't actually need any weapon upgrades to finish the game, they just make it easier.

Maybe you should stick to games like Mass Effect.

Thrasher

Erudite
Uh yes, you have that meta knowledge automatically before playing the game. You're brillance astounds me.

Dark Matter

Prophet
Thrasher said:
Uh yes, you have that meta knowledge automatically before playing the game. You're brillance astounds me.
No, it just involves having the common sense to realize that a random weapon upgrade isn't going to be mandatory to finish the game.

Your complaint can be applied to pretty much every single game with a limited inventory.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Are you actually foolish enough to believe that a game would put a plot-forwarding required item in your inventory so that you can drop it and that such an item would come in the form of generic mine templates, weapon upgrades or energy-regaining packs?

Or do you just believe that every single useful item you find should always be at your disposal, thus taking from the player the element of choice?

In this case, why play RPGs in the first place?

Thrasher

Erudite
How can you tell if you haven't played the game? I've been stuck before by not having the right item. But if I suppose you are braindead from consolitis, you wouldn't understand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom