Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is BioWare the new Bethesda?

Micmu

Magister
But they're all shit. And you wouldn't want to eat any shit. Does it really matter how "shitty" a shit is? IT'S SHIIIIT

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
If all new RPGs are shit now, then what's the point of this site?

Bruticis

DragoFireheart said:
To discuss the old shit that wasn't shit at the time but is now shit.

Shannow

Waster of Time
To explain why they are shit and what would need to be changed for them not to be shit. Obviously. Any retard would realize tha-
Wait, somebody quoted that moron again. Stop doing that, it ruins my ignore.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Shannow said:
To explain why they are shit and what would need to be changed for them not to be shit. Obviously. Any retard would realize tha-
Wait, somebody quoted that moron again. Stop doing that, it ruins my ignore.

DragoFireheart said:

This site could be the Teaparty movement of gaming. It's obviously not just RPGs that are becoming cinematic, twitchy, and streamlined. There are not many more games in other genres that require much thinking. Where are all the flight sims gone? Where are the turn based strategy games? Why are RTS's more about cool horse animations than good AI?

Also the Codex strangely missed getting in on the unprecedented Dragon Age 2 revolt. This is the bit where literally a million people started one of the biggest shitstorms on the interweb since XP vs Vista. Like BioWare dumbed down so far, even its former Talimancers became rabid anti-fans. And a large part of codexia barely batted an eyelid, because it literally can't differentiate between DA2 and DA1 (in the DAO vs DA2 poll thread, most votes went DA2 + both equally shit, iirc). So what's happening? The millions of Biodrones overreacted to the loss of party inventory, in their shitty adventure game with filler, or their ability to see dumbing down and hammer the message home was better? It'd be great to see the codex branching out into strategy, flight sims, and even shooters (BF2 is more about technique than Gears 2) - there would surely be a way to get ad revenue with that much new traffic?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
as skyway would say are you sure there's a difference between this forum and other games forums

ha ha see what I did there if you disagree then this forum has a niche community point to it if you agree you are agreeing with skyway

Shannow

Waster of Time
sgc_meltdown said:
as skyway would say are you sure there's a difference between this forum and other games forums

ha ha see what I did there if you disagree then this forum has a niche community point to it if you agree you are agreeing with skyway
Maybe it's because I'm watching the Daily Show, having an headache and reading this at the same time, but I can't follow you. Perhaps another try? Perhaps with commas and punctuation this time around?
Just asking.

corvus

Arcane
Befuddled Halfling said:
This site could be the Teaparty movement of gaming.

fuck that. agendas are pointless. Particularly gaming-focused ones.

Sorry in advance for ruining your ignore Shannow

Yeah, I keep hearing that here, yet BioWare's been routed by the DA2 backlash. I've emailed a couple of people there, and let's just say, it's kinda like that girl describes from her meeting with Gaider in one of the links ITT - blame game/damage limitation and all that. Now "innovations" are being quietly shelved and features put back in for DA3. So there's enough people that don't want their hand held, to deal even EA subsidiaries a blow that makes them sit up and listen. Hence my heretical thought of extending a codex subforum or two to other groups of abandoned gamers, fans of other genres being killed off by the same shit that RPGs have been getting. Then the cause a) has more followers, b) gets more traffic, ie revenue potential, ie reach. Otherwise, what? Sit and wait for Skyrim 2:Arcania just to rip it a new one?

Shannow

Waster of Time
corvus said:
Befuddled Halfling said:
This site could be the Teaparty movement of gaming.

fuck that. agendas are pointless. Particularly gaming-focused ones.

Sorry in advance for ruining your ignore Shannow
Nah. I read that. Was the reason he was put on. Found the one unacceptable insult. :x

corvus

Arcane
Befuddled Halfling said:
Hence my heretical thought of extending a codex subforum or two to other groups of abandoned gamers, fans of other genres being killed off by the same shit that RPGs have been getting.

I'm probably gonna be labeled as more of a heretic than you, cause I don't see bad games or entertainment in general all that... bad. Or damaging in and of themselves. Things like publishers having more and more control over their products and not the legitimate customers are more serious threats to people than shitty game titles.

Then the cause

Whoa whoa, cause? What cause? I didn't know there was an ideological Cause people were fighting for in the video game industry.

a) has more followers, b) gets more traffic, ie revenue potential, ie reach.

And then get hijacked or just get turned around by the original members of "the movement" so they can sit back and profit off of their Cause they helped start. Greed never changes. See: the Pirate Bay, and the Tea Party which you used as an example yourself. Sold out to the Man, man.

:x

Otherwise, what? Sit and wait for Skyrim 2:Arcania just to rip it a new one?

I'm okay with that.

:thumbsup:

malichaixx

Novice
The Dude said:
I recently bought a new comp and redownloaded my copy of DA:O that I *gasp* bought ages ago but never could get through. Then I checked if there might have been some decent mods released...

Beth games modding scene is like swimming in the sewers but finding a piece of something shiny and valuable once in a while making it almost worth it.

Gods, yes. I'm over on TesNexus and I can tell you a good 80 percent of the mods there are weeaboo/sex mods and in some cases weeaboo sex mods. I didn't get Oblivion because I wanted to play Japanese dating/rape sims.

And then there's the body mods. Yes, my character totally needs H cup gainaxing tits in order to save the world.

Oh well. he game sucks, so the modders liven it up with free wank material.

malichaixx

Novice
The Dude said:
I recently bought a new comp and redownloaded my copy of DA:O that I *gasp* bought ages ago but never could get through. Then I checked if there might have been some decent mods released...

Beth games modding scene is like swimming in the sewers but finding a piece of something shiny and valuable once in a while making it almost worth it.

Gods, yes. I'm over on TesNexus and I can tell you a good 80 percent of the mods there are weeaboo/sex mods and in some cases weeaboo sex mods. I didn't get Oblivion because I wanted to play Japanese dating/rape sims.

And then there's the body mods. Yes, my character totally needs H cup gainaxing tits in order to save the world.

Oh well. he game sucks, so the modders liven it up with free wank material.

Erzherzog

Magister
Befuddled Halfling said:
Yeah, I keep hearing that here, yet BioWare's been routed by the DA2 backlash. I've emailed a couple of people there, and let's just say, it's kinda like that girl describes from her meeting with Gaider in one of the links ITT - blame game/damage limitation and all that. Now "innovations" are being quietly shelved and features put back in for DA3. So there's enough people that don't want their hand held, to deal even EA subsidiaries a blow that makes them sit up and listen. Hence my heretical thought of extending a codex subforum or two to other groups of abandoned gamers, fans of other genres being killed off by the same shit that RPGs have been getting. Then the cause a) has more followers, b) gets more traffic, ie revenue potential, ie reach. Otherwise, what? Sit and wait for Skyrim 2:Arcania just to rip it a new one?

If people can't discover the Codex on their own then they shouldn't be here. The Codex is renown for not giving a fuck. If we basically advertise, then we'd be giving a fuck and that's a no no.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
FUCK the tea party bullshit!

If anything we should model ourselves as the Bolshevik-party!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom