Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER 2 will require a permanent internet connection.

Micmu

Magister
"Sergey stated that software piracy is an issue for them and they try to fight it, but within reason."

...by punishing paying customers, again :retarded:

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Not on my copy it won't

I haven't even played the first yet though, fucking piece of shit cracks

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
"Protection from piracy? Part of the content will be located on the server and downloaded as the game progresses. Permanent internet access is required. Text information, code and quests will be loaded through that connection. Software piracy is an issue for us, we try to fight it, but within reason.
If people can not afford a licensed version, it is to our advantage if they download a pirated copy, and then want to buy a license. In Ukraine, there are different products that people love so much that they buy a license in principle. We want to create just such a product."
Don't games with similar DRM get cracked anyway?

I'm guessing from the Silent Hunter 5 wikipedia entry that it just takes a lot longer to make a good crack, is that true?

Paperclip

Liturgist
STALKER-v2.jpg

That sucks but it looks like we'll finally have a cover based combat mechanics :yeah:

Coyote

Arcane
Damn. I liked SoC and CoP (haven't played CS) and probably would have gotten this, barring any drastic negative gameplay changes. Leave it to game companies to fuck up an almost guaranteed sale.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
holy shit they're making stalker 2 an mmo

will I be able to use my credit card to buy zone items

Buy it, then get a crack. Now people can't bitch at you for pirating, but you also don't have to deal with half-baked security measures. And anyone who still has a problem is someone you can confirm as being irrelevant and safely ignored because of brain damage.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That would be a good idea, if the current state of the art DRM didn't "individualize" each game copy so no crack for a instance of the game will not work on different game copies.

Enjoy steaming
:troll:

lisac2k

Liturgist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
Buy it, then get a crack. Now people can't bitch at you for pirating, but you also don't have to deal with half-baked security measures. And anyone who still has a problem is someone you can confirm as being irrelevant and safely ignored because of brain damage.
Buying it (no matter what one does to his/her copy later, including cracking) would only send a positive signal to the devs/pubs that enforcing DRM of any kind upon costumers is the right thing to do.

So...
SCO said:
I will not require Stalker 2.

Satan

Educated
Actually this isn't so stupid, especially if the text won't be saved on the HDD (I mean if it will someone will just upload the game when he finishes it). If it will help to deal with pirates I'm all for it, but in case if the game will be pirated they should patch the original version with a crack, like for example Ubisoft did with Anno 1404.

Deleted member 7219

To all the pirates out there: you caused this.

There is a reason why so many publishers are putting DRM on their games now. It isn't because they're assholes. It is because they lose a lot of sales every time they release a game on PC to piracy.

I can completely understand why they feel the need to do this.

praetor

Arcane
Ed123 said:
ChristofferC said:
Well, fuck you then, GSC.

EDIT:
Matt7895 said:
To all the pirates out there: you caused this.

There is a reason why so many publishers are putting DRM on their games now. It isn't because they're assholes. It is because they lose a lot of sales every time they release a game on PC to piracy.

I can completely understand why they feel the need to do this.

bullshit. got any proof that they actually lose sales? any conclusive proof at all that the pirates who pirated the copy for free and then never bought the game would've bought it if it wasn't available for free? no? thought so...

Raapys

Arcane
Yeah, they're just selling out. They're also bringing it to Derpbox360 and probably PS3 too.

Too bad, Stalker games have always been some of the best titles released in these days of epic nextgen stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom