Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim manual scans

kazgar

Arcane
Sorry they're for the xbox version, but you know, jumping on a horse is just pressing A!

http://imgur.com/a/RFee1

in b4 move to general gaming.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
To be honest, I am surprised that the game has a manual. They seem to be going extinct quite quickly.

Sordid Jester

Educated
A brawling option, huh. I guess that's the speech skill out of the window entirely, even if you have no hand to hand skill.

Gord

Arcane
So, cooking?
Guess they got inspired by Survival in FONV.

Also lockpicking seems to use the FO3 mechanic and Alchemy skill no longer governs the known effects, instead you have to dicover them through trying. Hmm, doesn't sound too bad on paper.

I.C. Wiener

Educated
Clockwork Knight said:
I don't see the use of having Cooking and Alchemy, since they do the same thing...am I missing something?
Alchemy would conceivably require pseudoscientific knowledge where cooking is more artistic?

Ideally, alchemy would allow you to become a drug dealer, mix up bombs, poisons, join the alchemy university as a researcher, restore tarnished or encrusted artifacts, gain the respect of scientific minded npcs, etc, where cooking would allow you to properly cut edible meat from the normally poisonous fuckyou fish, get a job as a castle cook to assassinate the king, seduce fat women, get you fame as your delicious recipes are circulated, and greatly enhance the canibalism experience.

Realistically, alchemy allows you to craft potions of healing while cooking lets you craft bread of healing and get +5 damage with meat cleavers and rolling pins. Plus larping differences.

Sordid Jester

Educated
Cooking has nothing to do with alchemy. It's not like blunt axes and claymore daggers.

Clockwork Knight said:
I don't see the use of having Cooking and Alchemy, since they do the same thing...am I missing something?

Doubt cooking will do anything aside from very minor buffs, it's likely there just so modders have something to start from for their larp fests.

Coyote

Arcane
Those who become the Emperor and light the Dragonfires are surely Dragonborn - the proof is in the wearing of the Amulet and the lighting of the Fires. But were they Dragonborn and thus able to do these things - or was the doing the sign of the blessing of Akatosh descending upon them? All that we can say is that it is both, and neither - a divine mystery.

-Emelene Madrine, The Book of the Dragonborn

This is some deep shit, guys.

(Come to think of it, I guess it's also a retcon to make the plot of Oblivion slightly less nonsensical, lore-wise.)

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Coyote said:
Those who become the Emperor and light the Dragonfires are surely Dragonborn - the proof is in the wearing of the Amulet and the lighting of the Fires. But were they Dragonborn and thus able to do these things - or was the doing the sign of the blessing of Akatosh descending upon them? All that we can say is that it is both, and neither - a divine mystery.

-Emelene Madrine, The Book of the Dragonborn

This is some deep shit, guys.

(Come to think of it, I guess it's also a retcon to make the plot of Oblivion slightly less nonsensical, lore-wise.)
So Akatosh hasn't been completely screened out in favour of the lol evil dragun god which as far as we know is just another of his aspects? That's... good news, I guess, wouldn't have put it past them to just have him play no role in the plot at all.

why do I care about this anymore I'm not even going to play it

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Wow, you can yield a fight, that's unexpected. There are plenty of nice things developers could do with this, though it will possibly only be used on a tutorial fight, with a HUGE screen tip asking you to do that.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
You could yield in Oblivion as well.

Also, some lulz on the origin of "Akatosh":
Ted Peterson:
Julianos is indeed Julian LeFay; Mara is Marilyn Wasserman, another of our beta testers; Arkay came from R.K. Deutsch.

The weirdest name derivation was from one of our beta-testers named Lawrence Szydlowski, which is obviously not a good "fantasy" name. His name on-line was Smaug -- which we couldn't use, obviously, being one of the most famous dragons of all time. His sign-off, though, was Larry, "also known as the Old Smaug himself." That spells out A.K.A.T.O.S.H., so Akatosh became the name of our dragon god of time.

Zenithar is, if I remember correctly, based on a tester named Stephen Zepp.

http://imperial-library.info/~crodo/unsolved/df/misc.html

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
that brawling looks promising, especially if it pops up alongside the other options every time for maximum fuck you

'each piece of armor'? what, I thought armor was all one piece now? DID THEY ADD ARMOR PIECES IN SECRETLY

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The guy who figured out how much money they could save on ink and paper by cutting out game mechanics must be a fucking millionaire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom