Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Run a Gang of Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble!

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Kz3r0 said:
eleanor.png

:salute:

Coyote

Arcane
Assuming that Wise Emperor's post was meant as a vote (couldn't tell if he was voting or just commenting on the picture), the current tally is:

Eleanor (Popularity 2, Rebellion 3, Savvy 3, Glamour 1): 6 votes
Louise (Popularity 1, Rebellion 4, Savvy 2, Glamour 2): 7 votes
Myrtle (Popularity 2, Rebellion 4, Savvy 2, Glamour 1): 6 votes

All in all, very similar "builds". Everyone else has 1-2 votes. My vote goes to Louise, bringing her up to 8.

louise.png

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Now that's what I call a voting.
:thumbsup:

Louise it is, then. (Funny how the three most popular choices are bad at both Glamour and Popularity, eh?) First update incoming tomorrow. I need to think of a good way to present this shit first.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:
Louise it is, then. (Funny how the three most popular choices are bad at both Glamour and Popularity, eh?).
Are you implying something perchance?
:rpgcodex:

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Adult content? This game does have that, sure. Teach us that secret game that adults play! -- It can be thrilling and hurtful... Wrong, yes. Terrible... too seductive. And so much pain! -- I am too young for it!

It'll only show up a bit later, though.

On that note, I should probably start writing up the first update...

Crooked Bee

Patron
So I've written up the first, introductory update, covering the tutorial stuffies and thingies, basically. If you feel like commenting on the style or presentation or whatever, be sure to.

01girls0013.jpg

• Name: Louise
    Character: rebellious; aloof; expansive; overlooking
    Goal: domination
louise.png

Diary of a High School Rebel. Day 1: Monday

History began with the struggle between man and woman, all struggle being inevitably struggle for power. The first division of labour was that for the propagation of children, and the first class oppression coincides with that of the female sex by the male. Men may still think all the power in the world belongs to them... but I know better. And I'm finally ready to set my domination plans in motion.

I hate discipline. I love to punish, though, and to have people follow me while I'm gazing at them triumphantly yet aloof. My popularity may be low now, but that won't last long. I should make an ideal leader.

And that's why I'm eager to play. To get the entire town under my heel.

01girls0002.jpg

Every would-be woman of authority should start with minor things. There have been some suspicious accidents in the school lately. Perhaps I should investigate and try to get on top of the situation. Blackmail someone maybe. Or have a good laugh at some fool's expense, at least.

But first I need a gang. 1st goal: win three girl to my cause.

What IS my cause? Why, the cause of manipulation, and power-gaming, and exposing other people's secrets. You know, the kind of things that give every girl the thrill.

01girls0004-1.jpg

8 a.m.

Up for a classy, brassy adventure of miss-behaving, I examined my options. Social Studies class, English Room, Girls Room, Gym, Library, Auditorium... Hmm, where do I recruit a girl who would submit to my authority and yet be popular enough to attract new fish to our gang?.. English room, most likely.

01girls0017.jpg

Ah, Hazel. Popular but weak. Pretending to taunt me, but knowing, deep inside, that I'll get the best of her anyway.

01girls0018.jpg

• Taunt is a game very similar to Monkey Island's pirate game of insults. Our set of taunts and retorts is very limited at the beginning, but it will grow... the more we lose. Or willingly submit. Or whatever you like to call it.

At the moment, however, winning is the only option. This is but a tutorial battle, after all.

The two bars of heart tokens below represent our protagonist's and our opponent's "health". Every taunt has a power level, represented by the number of tokens depicted on its card; Hazel's, for example, is a level one taunt. You and your opponent take turns in taunting - if the tauntee doesn't have an answer, she loses the amount of hearts the insult is worth; if she has an appropriate retort at the ready, the taunter herself loses them! Meaning that if we pick the correct retort to Hazel's current insult, she will lose one of her heart tokens, which will bring us one step closer to victory.
"Really, Hazel? I thought you were born dizzy!"

01girls0019.jpg

Got her!

• The first one to lose all heart tokens, loses the taunt game.
It was my turn to taunt her now; there were two tricks I knew that I was sure would get her begging for mercy.

"Are you the first in your family born without a tail?"
> "I hope there's no reincarnation because I don't want to run into you again."

I chose the reincarnation one. It sounded more high-class.

01girls0027.jpg

Aha! Hazel didn't even stand a chance.

01girls0029.jpg

I was good.

01girls0031.jpg

And I was feeling unbelievably good, too.

01girls0032.jpg

A girl had been raining on our friends, and, impressed by my skill, Hazel asked me to help her give the canary a little lightning.

Myself, an authority figure! I was really starting to value the small steps.

01girls0034.jpg

And so Hazel was the first to join my gang. I was delighted. Not that I showed Hazel I was; not in the least.

• The prize! cards are the cards you win for successfully completing a mission or getting the best of the situation. Sometimes they give you items, sometimes temporary stat boosts, and sometimes things more permanent. Like a new gang member, for instance.
01girls0035.jpg

From now on, Hazel, you'll be winning those votes for me! And me alone.

9 a.m.

We found Stoolie Girl at the gym.

01girls0040-1.jpg

I wasn't going to let Hazel steal my show, and entered the game of taunting myself.

"If I were a cat, I'd claw your eyes out."
> "You're so clumsy, you could cut yourself on a rubber band."
"The army could use you, to dig latrines."

01girls0045.jpg

The stupid girl tried taunting me in return...

01girls0046.jpg

"If you were, more people would fix their cats."

Got her!

• (I hope you guys know what "fixing" a cat means.)
01girls0050.jpg

Blackmailing the nurse... I wondered what that could be about... I wondered and took notes.

10 a.m.

At the patio, we ran into Jean, ready and willing to teach me the Expose game. As if I hadn't been proficient at that already, hm.

01girls0054.jpg

• The game of Expose is, in theory, very easy. The tokens hide a phrase we need to reveal; the number of tokens of different kind you can use for reveals, which depends on your stats and temporary boni, is given below.

In this mini-game, Rebellion is the most useful attribute, as it gets you an additional number of free reveals once you've exhausted the other token types.
01girls0056.jpg

• Once all the free tokens are gone, some words still remain hidden, and you need to choose each correct one from a list. This is a tutorial game, and the words are very easy to guess.
01girls0058.jpg

Ha! I exposed Jean's fear of death. Embarrassing. And pathetic.

• We've exposed Jean's little secret. But that was just a practice run, not really plot-related... Or was it?
01girls0060.jpg

I still needed to corner that Stoolie Girl type and expose the hell out of her before I could make Jean enter my gang. So much monkey business!

11 a.m.

I caught up to Jean underneath the Shady Tree where she had Stoolie Girl cornered.

01girls0065.jpg

Jean, you naughty girl!.. You'd definitely make a valuable addition to my clique.

01girls0068.jpg

A little game of expose-the-girl, and the plot started to thicken. So the recent accidents in the school were somehow related to the nurse... and she were obviously covering someone, or something, up. I knew I needed to get to the bottom of that, with as many casualties involved as possible!

01girls0070.jpg

As you can imagine, I was in the best possible mood. And I had my prize... Jean.

01girls0072.jpg

Yes, we had plenty of teamwork ahead of us...

12 p.m.

In the Auditorium, we discovered Helen, all agitated.

01girls0078.jpg

She wanted me to teach her the FIB game. I obliged.

01girls0080.jpg

• FIB is simply a basic version of poker, in which you try to bluff your opponent and/or get a better hand than him/her. The number of times you can choose to FLIP depends on your Glamour attribute.

01girls0084.jpg

Helen told me she had One of Each, but I could easily tell she was lying.

01girls0086.jpg

Grateful that I taught her how to play FIB... no, not really. Rather: hoping I would protect her from Bully Girl, Helen joined the gang. Heh, just as planned.

01girls0087.jpg

A literary type?.. Well, why not. I could use all kinds of spheres of influence.

01girls0091.jpg

Naturally, it took but a moment for Bully Girl herself to appear. I considered just ignoring her like a pro, but then again, my new girls needed practice... So I let Helen play a little game of Expose.

• Our girls need practice just as we do. Practice makes girls grow stronger... more daring... more stylish... more mischievous. Basically, it lets 'em gather experience points to level up, in a typical role-playing manner. Every game that a girl wins nets her a point; and every five points mean a stat increase of your liking.
01girls0093.jpg

With Helen's weak Rebellion, that struggle with words was tricky... It even got me nervous there for a moment. I simply couldn't stand the thought of one of my girls losing to that... type.

01girls0100.jpg

My trust in Helen paid off, however. Boy, was I glad!

01girls0102.jpg

Helen counter-attacked.

01girls0105.jpg

Bully Girl got furious... but there was nothing she could do but walk away, distraught.

Still... what she said about "other accidents" having happened in the morning was bugging me. I knew I had to investigate further! Particularly now that I had a full-fledged, if newbie, gang at my personal disposal.

Next time: That's why I keep my daddy out of our kitchen!

Morkar Left

I'm curious if this collection of minigames can tell a good story and allows you adventurelike combinations. And of course how that whole domination thing works in the end.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Morkar said:
I'm curious if this collection of minigames can tell a good story and allows you adventurelike combinations. And of course how that whole domination thing works in the end.

Well, this is the first time I'm playing the game, so I've no idea as to the whole domination thing. I know the game is supposed to have multiple endings, however, and that the plot and writing are supposed to be pretty good. We'll see about that.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Diary of a High School Rebel: Day 1, Part 2

1 p.m.

Intrigued by what Bully Girl had said, we decided to investigate, stumbling onto Liar Girl as we turned around the southern corner of the school.

01girls0109.jpg

She obviously knew something about the recent accidents.

01girls0113.jpg

Naturally, it didn't take me long to expose what she was hiding.

01girls0115.jpg

Ha! I showed her!

01girls0116.jpg

Armed by the knowledge of Liar Girl's secret, I felt my savvy temporarily increase. Now I only needed to find out who could be using the school at night...

2 p.m.

01girls0120.jpg

Thanks to all my exploits, I boosted my popularity a bit. Which meant, now I could get away with even more mischievous deeds!

01girls0121.jpg

I thought it was the ideal moment for a gang powwow, given all the information we had already collected.

01girls0122.jpg

• Powwows are mostly used for plot advancement: they let your gang discuss what course of action they should undertake next. When in the powwow mode, you can choose which girl you want to parley with at a given moment; different girls have different personalities and can react to a situation differently!
01girls0123.jpg

Jean suggested confronting the school nurse. That would require considerable resolve, since the nurse wasn't exactly pleasant to be dealt with...

01girls0124.jpg

Obviously, I had a better idea. It would be more logical and realistic to check on the school's new maintenance man: after all, he was supposed to be responsible for school repairs and had access to the building at night.

01girls0125.jpg

Recalling the incident that Liar Girl had been trying to hide, Jean supported the course of action I suggested.

01girls0126.jpg

And I decided to throw some more wood on the fire of this mystery by telling the girls the maintenance man was new to our town...

01girls0128.jpg

Astonished, Hazel and Helen too immediately supported my idea. Just as intended.

01girls0129.jpg

The next step I suggested was bluffing a hall pass from the secretary that would make it possible to enter the school basement, an area normally off-limits to students.

01girls0130.jpg

Hazel and Helen remained silent. Too scared, probably. But I knew I could always count on dear Jean.

01girls0133.jpg

Having recapped everything we had learned, off to Secretary Primly we went.

01girls0139.jpg

Avoiding the passage leading to Nurse Nacht's infirmary, we knocked at Secretary Primly's door.

01girls0140.jpg

I let Hazel, being a popular girl at the school, do the bluffing.

"We've done nothing wrong."
> "We're here for maintenance."

01girls0143.jpg

"Massage?"
> "Looking for something."

• (Now I regret I didn't try picking the "Massage?" option.)
01girls0144.jpg

Hazel pretended we had left something in the basement.

01girls0145.jpg

Primly was a tough one, though. He was playing his own little game with us, and wanted us to play along.

01girls0147.jpg

Jean obliged...

01girls0160.jpg

...by exposing his dirty fears! Teehee.

01girls0164.jpg

You wicked old secretary, you!

01girls0165.jpg

We tricked the secretary and, most importantly, the hall pass was ours. Phew, that felt like one long hour.

3 p.m.

It was but a one-day pass, though, so we hurried off to the campus basement.

01girls0170.jpg

• ("I could use you young things", oh my.)
The maintenance man was scary and saying obscenities to us; the girls wanted to run away immediately -- but not I, no no. I felt like exposing the shit out of him instead!

01girls0176.jpg

Turned out Maximilian wasn't just a random maintenance man, and had his own reason for moving to the school. Interesting. I wondered who that woman of his dreams could be...

The nurse perhaps? It was difficult to imagine someone could be attracted to Nurse Nacht, physically or otherwise.

01girls0178.jpg

Taking advantage of the moment, I flashed the hall pass before his eyes. Ha, I bet he wasn't expecting our visit to be officially sanctioned!

01girls0179.jpg

I felt my knowledge of the school's secrets rise again! It was a warm fuzzy feeling.

01girls0181.jpg

Maximilian had to back off a bit. It was time for some parleying.

01girls0185.jpg

I decided to start out by learning what I could about Maximilian's backstory.

01girls0187.jpg

Then I veered the topic off to the recent accidents. Don't think I failed to notice that worried look, you geek!

And what about those "improvement" you made?

01girls0192.jpg

He claimed he had replaced the school's old equipment all by himself... Either he was very good, or...

01girls0193.jpg

Unfortunately, I couldn't get any more info out of him.

01girls0194.jpg

The mad Max quickly got away. After interviewing him, I decided to closely investigate his work on campus.

4 p.m.

It definitely was the right time for another clique powwow.

01girls0201.jpg

I wasn't the only one who noticed there was something suspicious about what Maximilian had told us.

01girls0202.jpg

Hazel was trying to act as our gang's voice of reason. True, the maintenance man could've been innocent alright. But... he was a man. Never trust those. And we already knew he had at least one secret. There could be more.

01girls0203.jpg

I suggested we poke around the school. Discreetly or not, I didn't really care; getting to expose the truth and use it to my advantage was the only thing that mattered.

01girls0204.jpg

Our sensitive Helen got worried there for a moment...

01girls0205.jpg

...but the pragmatic Jean reined her in. Still, we could flirt with some boys, maybe. It could be to the gang's advantage to get a couple of boyfriends for the girls. We could always use additional cannon fodder.

• (In this game, boyfriends basically act as meatshields and attribute boosts. Not only does a boyfriend lend his strongest attribute to the girl, but he also sacrifices himself whenever a girl gets penalized for losing a fight. And he doesn't even demand anything in return! The ideal kind of boyfriend, isn't it?)

01girls0209.jpg

The school was already closed for the night, so we could only poke around the campus.

01girls0212.jpg

The playground kids were ideal for learning some new powerful insults. Kids, duh. Jean was the only one willing to try her hand at taunting the brats.

01girls0214.jpg

01girls0215.jpg

The snake taunt was too weak to had any effect on them as they already had a retort ready.

01girls0216.jpg

It was their turn to trade insults now; Jean lost that one.

01girls0218.jpg

Still, it remained to see if the kids knew the correct reply to their own taunt...

01girls0222.jpg

They did.

01girls0223.jpg

We lost an hour and the opportunity to get more experience, but that was intentional: I hoped new retorts would sometime come in handy. Our arsenal had been just too poor. Sometimes, even losing can work to our advantage.

01girls0224.jpg

We also learned the maintenance man was really helpful towards kids. The more you know.

5 p.m.

It was gradually getting late, and I decided to see if there were any boys around that I could grab for my girls. To strengthen the flanks, so to speak.

01girls0228.jpg

We met Rebel Boy on the north sidewalk, a shovel in his hand. I decided we didn't really need one who digs too much in our gang and told Jean to shove him off.

01girls0229.jpg

Jean accomplished that splendidly. No boyfriends this time, though.

Things were getting boring...

01girls0233.jpg

...and then we came across Mildred, as always trying to preach those surrounding her into her vision of the future. I just couldn't pass on such a wonderful chance to have some fun!

So I ordered Jean to go full ahead.

01girls0234.jpg

We all started ascending on the bleachers.

01girls0235.jpg

That just couldn't but end in fun, couldn't it?

What happened next entirely made my day.

01girls0237.jpg

Making my best not to laugh silly, I observed Mildred fall to the ground.

Still, that had me thinking. What just happened had been another in the series of accidents we'd been hearing about. So that was what the summer repairs had amounted to, eh? Talk about a rush job... or was it something else entirely, eh, Maximilian?..

01girls0240.jpg

Just as I had expected, it was the new planks that had broken. The matter looked highly suspicious.

01girls0241.jpg

Mildred's fiery speeches had stirred rebellion in the hearts of my girls. We could use that sentiment, I thought.

01girls0244.jpg

And all along, we were taking notes...

Next time: join me, and we can tell each other what looks best!

spekkio

Arcane
Heh. The maintenance man and four sexy girls?

AANOd.jpg

8v3Jq.jpg

:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom