Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
From The Vaults Comment Section (Tim Cain blog entry)

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog ... s_Obsidian
I was kinda hoping after New Vegas that Obsidian would have nothing to do with Fallout. I was hoping it would get back to Bethesda. But whateves. Can't have everything. So long as they learned from their mistakes. Like, fix bugs before release, set up your DLC release dates and stick to them, and have some kind of engaging storyline beyond just: "You want to kill this guy cause he shot you."
I agree. The story in New Vegas, though very good,estly. was cliche at first, then didn't make much sense in the second half. The Yes Man path made sense, but the NCR and Legion path didn't make too much sense, honestly

Yeah. I played through a bit of Fallout 3, there were so many sequences that were so well done,
and nothing like them in New Vegas. The sewers after the Enclave invade, Vault 87, Tranquility Lane, nothing comes close to them in New Vegas.

Nothing like seeing your father die right in front of your eyes to get the ol' story fired up!
Needed a more emotional/compelling story in NV but still a good story.

The writer in me wants to get physical with these people.

hoopy

Savant
I quit Fallout 3 shortly after reaching Megaton, one of the reasons being the shitty writing. I've played through New Vegas three times in addition to various incomplete playthroughs.

Angthoron said:
You know, I totally don't get why we would even need to know whether an NPC is gay or tran or bi or whatever. Okay, maybe a party member you're going to eventually bone might have some sexuality reveal, but why the rest?

It's like those people can't cross a street without wondering if that guy takes it up his ass, that chick is a post-op tranny and those two kids will grow up to have an animal fetish.
Well that's just it. Their identities are built entirely around their "minority" status. They can't stop obsessing about it for one second, it occupies their every thought and guides their every action. I would call them insane but that would be ableism.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
So... we can all agree VATS is a fairly new innovation?

Stinger

Arcane
Yep, in the same way that Radiant AI and Level scaling can be considered innovations.

Coyote

Arcane
Some pics to lighten the mood

oPNYD.png

mExMH.jpg

haeyC.jpg

5fNna.jpg

Caption for the last one:

She says since she is 2 minutes older, she gets to blow out the candles. 101 years of this shit.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
What the flying fuck.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/s ... stria.html
http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=47949

Alright, so here are just a few of the types of characters you can play as. You may play as a pony; a ghoul, a gryphon, a zebra or a super mutant. Others may be allowed if a good enough RTJ is submitted. Don't get your hopes up but if you sell it well enough you just might be able to play as a balefire phoenix, an adolescent dragon or even a Hellhound.

The flip side of that coin is the characters that won't be accepted no matter how good the RTJ is. Full grown dragons, radgators, radroaches, manticores and of course, Alicorns.

Blueberry looked at the pony opposite her, really looked at her for the first time beyond just seeing that armored bulk. Now that she was looking she could plainly see that this was no Steel Ranger, the armor was all wrong and last time she checked there were no pegasi, and certainly no ghoul pegasi in the Steel Rangers.

Then it clicked, she knew who this was before her! "Hey! I know you! You're that pegasus that helped Glitter Dawn!" She stood up, a large grin on her face now, all traces of the fear from before was gone. "Sure! I'd love to have your company. I can even take you back to see Glitter Dawn, if you'd like." She said, moving forward to once again collect the spark batteries and place them back into her saddle bags.

There is no hope left.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I would really like to get some input from Crispy regarding that gif. Can his new computer handle those complex ragdoll physics with a steady fps?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom