Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Worldmap, Manual and Screenies. Oh, and PCG preview.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Black said:
Trash said:
Really, you'd think by now Bethesda could afford some decent people for that.
I don't think it's a matter of being able to afford some decent people.

It was nice of them to hire prosper:

r2izw0.jpg

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
It's embarrassing how his body doesn't even move as he gets dragged off the ground and tossed away like a rag. Is that from actual gameplay or just a shopped gif?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Every time I see that vid it just seems to get worse. Anyone noticed how he just seems to 'stick' to the dragon? Really, why bother making this visually grand world to run around in when the actual running looks like this?

meh

Educated
villain of the story said:
Actual gameplay. The one they so proudly demonstrate everywhere.

R...really?.. :/ I don't want to believe...

His left arm appears to drop down to his side slightly as he falls (perhaps that's just an optical illusion due to his body turning), but otherwise it's completely static.

It's clear that they simply do not give a fuck, having supreme confidence that the shitheadedness of the masses will prevail once again.

MCA
meh said:

Why the bewilderment? That's Bethesda for you. A shitty assortment of pompous half-assed amateurs who don't even give a shit about their work, pumped full of self-delusions, producing the same inapt amateur crap since Morrowind. I'm amazed they are able to produce working games at all. They must be getting hell of an external consulting on... everything, which Gamebryo provides.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Fat Dragon said:
It's embarrassing how his body doesn't even move as he gets dragged off the ground and tossed away like a rag. Is that from actual gameplay or just a shopped gif?

No you misunderstood. The dragon picked him up so fast that he appears to be frozen...too fast for the eye to perceive.

Tycn

Savant
Metro said:
Since you can marry npcs in-game I predict one of the DLC will be your very own mail order Nordic bride... $4.99! Or maybe even... Felicia Day~
Why are tildes always so faggy?

meh

Educated
meh said:

Why the bewilderment? That's Bethesda for you. A shitty assortment of pompous half-assed amateurs who don't even give a shit about their work, pumped full of self-delusions, producing the same inapt amateur crap since Morrowind. I'm amazed they are able to produce working games at all. They must be getting hell of an external consulting on... everything, which Gamebryo provides.

I just can't believe the incompetence or lack of care from their part.

Fatcat: No, thanks, I'll better surf Codex Playground.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Is it me, or are the textures on the dragon of a higher quality than the rest of the game?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Tycn said:
Metro said:
Since you can marry npcs in-game I predict one of the DLC will be your very own mail order Nordic bride... $4.99! Or maybe even... Felicia Day~
Why are tildes always so faggy?

It's intended for effect~~

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Why should I fix it when people continue to use shitty image hosting providers?

Most of the time it's a good thing it doesn't work...

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
just copy the image link and paste it in a new tab.

But yeah, stop using imageshack, it sucks. Use tinypic, sadpanda, etc...

Black

Arcane
Fat Dragon said:
Really? Do you really think you need to shoop bethesda games to make them look bad?

Phelot

Arcane
I don't understand why they don't just say it was a glitch or something instead of trying to make it seem normal.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
From article:

swapping blade strokes with bad guys is fluid and beautiful, and blocking and parrying requires reflexes and twitch-based skill.

How are they even pretending this is an RPG anymore? Freaking action adventure genre, yuck : x

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sergiu64 said:
From article:

swapping blade strokes with bad guys is fluid and beautiful, and blocking and parrying requires reflexes and twitch-based skill.

How are they even pretending this is an RPG anymore? Freaking action adventure genre, yuck : x

Because only a handful of codextards think needing reflexes disqualify a game from being an RPG.

Fuck, I bought a shitty jrpg a couple months ago. It was turn based... and required you to press the Awesome Button when a quickly shrinking circle matched another static circle to get a more powerful attack. :lol:

So much for turn based games being immune from twitch.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
the above said:
I don't understand why they don't just say it was a glitch or something instead of trying to make it seem normal.
That entire encounter was scripted. Somebody probably thought it would be cool if the dragon would pick up a giant and decided to put it in last minute. No way that's ever going to happen in the actual game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom