Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 3

4m3rica

Educated
Why is BF3 not considered an rpg? I mean, it has stats, you unlock loot, you fucking are playing the role of a soldier (hence "role play") and of course its an rpg because it is.

made

Arcane
So, skyway, what are your impressions of this highly anticipated title? We already know Trash loves it, but we need a counter opinion from a second reliable source to properly judge the game.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Game is great in mp when it all gells together. Unfortunately this isn't that common as it is marred by a shitload of crashes, lagging servers, rubberbanding and other assorted problems. Jets not responding is one of my fav niggles so far, although crashing during a good match can be really rage inducing. The browser is a retarded thing and so is having to change options and class loadouts while being ingame. In the end however the core gameplay is pure Battlefield. And I like that. The release is in no way a disaster but it is far from being silk smooth. Give it a few patches and it's gold though.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
wtf.jpg

Suchy

Arcane
Gave it a try (SP campaing) on hardest difficulty. Scripted as fuck, linear corridor shooter with tiny maps, retarded AI, regenerating health, exploding cars and all that dumbfuckery you'd expect from a CoD clone. The game is pretty much a cutscene that requires pressing 'W' to play. When you have AI squad, you don't even need to shoot. Oh, and expect enemies popping out of thin air once you trigger a new script sequence. On maxed settings looks pretty, but still can't beat Crysis.

Black

Arcane
made said:
So, skyway, what are your impressions of this highly anticipated title? We already know Trash loves it, but we need a counter opinion from a second reliable source to properly judge the game.
It forces you to install origin and choke on EA's dick.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Ffs, Single player is utter bullshit. The idea is nice, but i am not talking about the story.
As a elitist PC Gamer i was dying left and right...because i thought enemy's where 100+ away and shooting at me. But they were literally around 5 Meters in front of me, ALWAYS. It is so fucking sad, they could have given them Swords, at least Combat would be interesting that way.
But MP is fun, Support Class fells like a Support Class. Oh the Tears you will earn with your Mortar. Mostly from retarded Recon Players who camp 200m behind the Objective, stroking their dicks and fantasizing about of being a Sniper with a Ski Mask and Barrett .50.

And everything Trash said is spot on, too.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Today i took a jet and crashed into a tank while humming the ride of the Valkyres.

Then after that on another map i took a scout helicopter and flew it into a tunnel and got all the way to the middle flag in said tunnel and i capped it with my Helicopter.

RK47

Patron
Fucking stingers take a long time to lock on high level jet pilots. I'm beginning to feel that Battlefield 2 'Fuck the jets' moments already. Bad Company did away with those fuckers and the game improved as a result, but these steel birds are nigh invulnerable.

4m3rica

Educated
First impression playing BF3 is leaning more towards realistic ARMA2 or RO:Stalingrad. I would easily recommending this game to anyone whos interested in realistic shooters. BF3 provide a solid shooting mechanics that i have ever seen in videogame history (far better than ARMA2 or RO). However, a lot of ideas and concept are still lacking behind ARMA2, typically vehicle combat and equipment.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
What an uneducated Comment.
Must be from some Game Journalist.

Raapys

Arcane
A lot of improvements over BC2, but the maps are boring and it's impossible to see shit. Seriously, whose stupid idea was it to fill the screen with lens flares, dirt, ultramegahyper-HDR where everything's either jet black or blindingly white and all sorts of shit? And not even let you disable it? Giving me a headache playing that shit.

RK47

Patron
Elim said:
Aye, agreed.
But IR Scopes will fix it.

Yeah, there's a reason why I stayed on my AEK-91 despite unlocking the AN-94, the IR attachment I've earned really ramped up my kill rate, regardless of the map. It does create tunnel vision and a bad habit of scoping that got me killed a few times in close combat situation, but man...it beats being killed by bush-people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom