Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Days for M&B - released!

MisterStone

Arcane
Fuck yeahr, did they finally add some content using non-standard models (not hacked bullshit), such as wargs and trolls?

Korgan

Arbiter
Wargs, orcs, all kinds of weapons and armor have long been in. Trolls used to look kinda small (2.5m at most) and awkward because of .808's skeleton limitations, but now they should be alright.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Lost my original Mount & Blade key while I lost my previous email addres. Guess it's time to go PB, since I only have WB.

I played the shit out of LD, I don't think I ever even bothered with the original M&B.

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
villain of the story said:
Oh, another skin mod for a bland shit game, how interesting and deep. LOL.

I felt the urge to say this more than 3096 times before:

You are in top 3 on the Codex, IMO...

:thumbsup:

Top 3 shittiest trolls, worse that Mastermind. Keep up the good work, you could top Skyway one day.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Seems M&B doesn't like Win7. In case somebody with win7 missed this:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/ ... 418.0.html

I've been looking and I've found zero info on actual gameplay or design. I hate it when modders don't tell you what the whole thing is about and what design philosophy went in. All I found were some screenies.
Is the whole mod just a re-skin?
Any info on how factions/races play out? Will races differ in abilities, etc or just in size?
Any info on item balance? Will there be super-powered items that trump everything else like in so many other shitty mods or did they try to balance weapons the way vanilla tried (unsuccessfully)?
etc
etc

Oh, and Mastermind is a far worse troll than skyway or vots. In fact, I wouldn't call skyway or vots trolls at all...

mondblut

Arcane
1.011 became history the moment Warband was released. Releasing an 1.011 mod today is retarded. I won't bother when there are Brytenwalda and Pendor anyway.

Korgan

Arbiter
Shannow said:
I've been looking and I've found zero info on actual gameplay or design. I hate it when modders don't tell you what the whole thing is about and what design philosophy went in.
That's because the previous version has been out for years, and if you're so curious you can just download M&B .808 and see everything for yourself.

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
Shannow said:
Oh, and Mastermind is a far worse troll than skyway or vots. In fact, I wouldn't call skyway or vots trolls at all...

It's even sadder if Skyway is sincere.

Pelvis Knot said:
YOU DONT AGREE WITH ME HOW THIS CAN BE MUST BE TROLL FREEDOM GO TO HELL

I won't say you were always a troll, but recently your posting style looks much like this:
-( Kodex Kritikal Konsensus reached in given thread)^DERP

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
mondblut said:
1.011 became history the moment Warband was released. Releasing an 1.011 mod today is retarded. I won't bother when there are Brytenwalda and Pendor anyway.
The sad thing is when I did of playthrough of Brytenwalda earlier this year, it was not really any more fun than playing The Last Days three or four years ago.

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
Pelvis Knot said:
Kodex Kritikal Konsensus reached in given thread

lolwut. "OMG OMG <some shitty skin mod coming out> FAP FAP FAP.

Kodeks Kritikal Konsensus, indeed.

I never said anything about the quality of said Konsensus and I'm not talking solely about this thread.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Korgan said:
Shannow said:
I've been looking and I've found zero info on actual gameplay or design. I hate it when modders don't tell you what the whole thing is about and what design philosophy went in.
That's because the previous version has been out for years, and if you're so curious you can just download M&B .808 and see everything for yourself.
Fuck you. That adresses none of my general/specific complaints. And why would I want to download an old version when the new one is out today (will be out very soon)? Still has the problem of having to invest a few hours to answer even the rudimentary questions.

http://pospabr.sweb.cz/TLD-3.0-ManualFAQ.html
Fuck, that was exactly what I was asking for. Is it really too much trouble to copy/paste that in the various forum threads or post the link?

I hate fanboys.

Oh, and the mod sounds very promising.
Might be the first game where I'm gonna play an elf...

Raapys

Arcane
Loved TLD when I played it years ago, this should be great. About Warband though, I never tried it out for some reason. Were there really any significant improvements except the whole multiplayer aspect?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Raapys said:
Were there really any significant improvements except the whole multiplayer aspect?

Didn't crap out on longer sieges after using battle sizer, for one.

Korgan

Arbiter
It's absolutely lovely. Started out as a Rivendell elf, currently running around the North doing quests for the three elven factions; as far as I remember, the War of The Ring is going to start once I hit level 9-10 or just in a few weeks, and I gotta get ready to crush Moria quickly, then handle the rest of northern enemies and move south with an expeditionary force before Men are completely screwed.

Raapys

Arcane
Gods this is buggy. Already found at least one quest that couldn't be completed( ambush in city not spawning enemies despite 'ambush' message) and another one I can't seem to solve( capture troll, but no trolls to be found where saruman says they are). Then there's the Fangorn battle maps which are almost all bugged, with enemies spawning outside of the map borders. Then there's a bug which makes you stuck in a press-button-loop after 'dying', forcing you to alt-f4. Also some camp ambushes which can't be won since they don't register as complete, forcing you to surrender instead. And that's just from 3 hours of playing and deliberately trying to avoid bugs.

Korgan

Arbiter
Raapys said:
Gods this is buggy. Already found at least one quest that couldn't be completed( ambush in city not spawning enemies despite 'ambush' message) and another one I can't seem to solve( capture troll, but no trolls to be found where saruman says they are). Then there's the Fangorn battle maps which are almost all bugged, with enemies spawning outside of the map borders. Then there's a bug which makes you stuck in a press-button-loop after 'dying', forcing you to alt-f4. Also some camp ambushes which can't be won since they don't register as complete, forcing you to surrender instead. And that's just from 3 hours of playing and deliberately trying to avoid bugs.
The trolls just take a long time to spawn; same with the good guys' quest to kill a roaming wild troll. The other bugs are avoidable by not camping out in the field and not going to Fangorn as an orc or Moria as an enemy of goblins. What really needs to be balanced is the cost and rarity of elven troops; I quickly got a 40-strong unit that can destroy a goblin host without a single *wound*. Also, not enough gear in shops, damnit! Earning the best elven armor and weapons is really quick, and then you'll have to grind a lot of influence and rank for the unique items. The game needs much slower progression in general, like it used to be.
The fighting itself feels amazing, though; circling around an Uruk-Hai formation and sinking arrows into it at machinegun speed is so fucking cool. And all the locations look breathtaking, especially Mirkwood, Hornburg and Minas Tirith.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
How much and how soon are they planning to support this release with patches? I might wait for a more stable version if there's one over the horizon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom