Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stealth Bastard Free Indie Stealth 2D game

tetsuo

Scholar
www.stealthbastard.com

Stealth games are awesome. Hiding from The Man, skulking in shadows, the thrill of the unseen infiltration. But why do they have to be so... slow?

Introducing Stealth Bastard: stealth, with a great big kick up the arse. A fast-paced, frenetic, one-step-away-from-chunky-death melange of sneaking, platforming, hacking and cursing. A whole lot of fun. It's like Metal Gear Solid and Super Meat Boy had a baby out of wedlock. Semi-literally.

Jump, sneak, and be horribly dismembered through 28 levels hand-crafted by our crack team of in-house design geniuses, some of the same folk behind the critically-acclaimed Fluidity/Hydroventure, and the retro-styled PSN platformer Explodemon!.

And once you're done with those? Fear not - Stealth Bastard includes a FULL in-game level editor - the same we used to create the bundled levels - and even allows you to share, play and rate the community's creations from across the world.

And if you thought that was cool, we've not even got to the best bit yet: Stealth Bastard is free. Not 'freemium'. Completely free.

Endless fun. Zero cost. What are you waiting for?

Hide in the shadows with a real-time shadowing system!
Evade a wide range of eagle-eyed lethal robotic foes!
Hack your way to the exit... and to the next challenge!
Squeeze through doorways mere seconds before you're sliced into pieces!
Die in a variety of gruesome, cruel ways!
Create your own fiendish deathrooms and share them with the world - all in the game!
Shave seconds off your playtimes and rule the global leaderboards!

CPU: Dual Core 2.0Ghz
System Memory: 1Gb or greater of RAM
Video RAM: 256Mb or more VRAM
GFX Card: DirectX 8.0 compatible
OS Support: Windows XP SP2 or better, Vista, Win7
Input: Keyboard / Mouse, Xinput supported controllers (i.e. Xbox controllers for Windows)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 1dLNLji5n0

Download: http://www.stealthbastard.com/StealthBastard-1.01.exe

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tactical Espionage Arsehole?

hu53pg.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Ah, my common sense startled tingling during the installation (I actually skimmed over the EULA instead of skipping it) and now I see why.

I asked myself, why would a company release a free game in the first place? To gain recognition? To show off? No, to make a profit, it seems. Turns out that you have to create an account to be able to play. They say that it's for "leaderboard and level sharing purposes", but I smell a rat here. One that collects data and sells it on to a third party.

In short, this game looks like a Facebook game without the Facebook part.

I could be wrong, of course, but even so I'll give it a pass.

tetsuo

Scholar
Ehm it is for "leaderboard and level sharing purposes" the game has a online leaderboard and even a lvl editor build in, There is no data to collect anyway you create the account ingame and the only thing they ask for is a username and a password , not even a email address so how in hell should they do that? But well if you start comparing innovative Indie Freeware games with Facebook casual crap you are probably way beyond help anyway.

ajaxpliskin

Novice
Stealth Bastard Privacy Policy

I work at Curve Studios and no, we do not sell data on to third parties.

This is our Privacy Policy, taken straight from the stealthbastard.com website:

"This page discloses the information gathered by Curve Studios, of 18-26 Essex Road, London N1 8LN ("Curve") through the use of Stealth Bastard and the usage of that data.

Data collected

When playing Stealth Bastard, data is periodically sent back to a server, including: the user’s Stealth Bastard login details, level ratings and level completion data. This data is anonymous and contains no personally identifiable information beyond your username.

Purpose of collection of data

Curve collects this information in order to compile analytics on how Stealth Bastard is played, and help us create better experiences in the future. We also provide players with some of these analytics, including leaderboard and level rating information, to enable players to see how they rank within the Stealth Bastard community.

"Sharing of data

The data collected by Curve is stored on a remote DreamHost server. Leaderboard and level rating information, as well as some anonymous player statistics (total number of users, total game deaths worldwide, total number of levels downloaded and completed worldwide, total time played worldwide), are available to all logged-in users. Aside from this, the data will not be knowingly shared with any third party for any purpose.

Children

Children in the US under the age of 13 should either get an adult to set up their firewall to block internet communication from StealthBastard.exe, or not play the game.

Contact

If you have any questions about the data we collect, or what this data is used for, feel free to contact us at hello@curve-studios.com"

Hope this helps. You should probably expect clause 3.3 from any game that uses leaderboards and other game related statistics that are made available to the player.

Oh, and please don't call our game a 'Facebook game.' ;)

ajaxpliskin

Novice
Np tetsuo. Hope you enjoy the game.

Ed123, people are already concerned with data being accessed on their computer. Integrating into the world's biggest social network could be regarded as a greater invasion of privacy.

Unfortunately, you can't please everyone, though your idea could potentially garner more players.

waywardOne

Arcane
ajaxpliskin said:
Np tetsuo. Hope you enjoy the game.

Ed123, people are already concerned with data being accessed on their computer. Integrating into the world's biggest social network could be regarded as a greater invasion of privacy.

Unfortunately, you can't please everyone, though your idea could potentially garner more players.

It was a test. He was joking. You passed!

Eyeball

Arcane
Game looks like Yahtzee's Art of Theft hopped up on Red Bull. Bit too hectic for my tastes, I like my stealth games to be as slow as slugs mating.

Peter

Arcane
Haven't played the game, but my problem with it is that, judging from the video, it's not really a stealth game as much as it is a frantic platformer disguised as a stealth game, you know? There doesn't seem to be any AI outsmarting or anything of the sort going on.

Visuals are very nice though, and I like it when devs include level editors in their games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

Finished Stealth Bastard Deluxe. Oh god that ending. :lol:

Really addictive game. I can't wait for the DLC to go on sale.

Haven't played the game, but my problem with it is that, judging from the video, it's not really a stealth game as much as it is a frantic platformer disguised as a stealth game, you know? There doesn't seem to be any AI outsmarting or anything of the sort going on.

Visuals are very nice though, and I like it when devs include level editors in their games.

It is mostly a "frantic platformer" but the stealth elements mesh with it quite nicely. In the later levels you even do some "AI outsmarting". You also manipulate enemy robots to do your bidding throughout the game, although this usually doesn't involve stealth.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
:necro:

Finished Stealth Bastard Deluxe. Oh god that ending. :lol:
What the hell, I just finished this too.

I enjoyed it better than the Thiefs. Good puzzle platforming with a nice difficulty curve and gradual introduction to additional stealth mechanics. The only thing I didn't like were a couple of levels that depended too much on reflexes, that wall-slide thing in the next-to-last level in particular.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
What the hell, I just finished this too.

I enjoyed it better than the Thiefs. Good puzzle platforming with a nice difficulty curve and gradual introduction to additional stealth mechanics. The only thing I didn't like were a couple of levels that depended too much on reflexes, that wall-slide thing in the next-to-last level in particular.

What next, then? Played Mark of the Ninja yet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom