Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anno 2070 demo is out

Satan

Educated
oh thankyouthankyouthankyou! downloading right now!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Pretty cool. Not sure I like the changes to the interface, and I find placing buildings on a line more difficult than in 1404. But yeah, it looks good.

Demo is also really short, having only 2 tutorial missions.

MetalCraze

Arcane
2070 demo is nice (GRAPHX!!1) but other than that it doesn't show much.

I didn't feel like I had freedom and was too railroaded to appreciate possibilities the game offers. Yes I know it's a tutorial.

But as I take it - it's something like Tropico and Evil Genius?

Meaning the economical focus, but also the ability to have some combat

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
MetalCraze said:
But as I take it - it's something like Tropico and Evil Genius?

Meaning the economical focus, but also the ability to have some combat
It is more closer to Tropico, than Evil Genius. But yes, the main focus is on the economy, with some combat. Although the Anno series never excelled in the combat part, it was too simplistic.

made

Arcane
Lord Chambers said:
How did you find out a demo was released?
The warez site I get all my gaming news from.

@skyway
Just dl 1404 to get a feel for it. By the looks of it this will be the same game with different skins and minor UI changes. The campaign in 1404 sucked too, if not more so due to atrocious VA. Better play a custom, open ended map. There is a military component with various land units and buildings in addition to naval battles but I rarely get that far, preferring the economy aspect personally.

Satan

Educated
it's pretty cool, i mean it's like improved 1404 with awesome interface. it's going to be the best in the series. i was about to ignore that game, but i changed my mind and i'll buy it this month for sure. it kinda feels a little bit like Anno Centauri.

MapMan

Arcane
I clicked the strategyinformer link and my desktop pc died. Well, sort of. Some kind of malware rootkit installed on the system and fucked up everything. Wonder how that happened.

Ashery

Prophet
MapMan said:
I clicked the strategyinformer link and my desktop pc died. Well, sort of. Some kind of malware rootkit installed on the system and fucked up everything. Wonder how that happened.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that got fucked by that site.

Currently 3h44min into the Malwarebytes scan and hoping that I can actually fucking repair the issue and not have to format.

Tigranes

Arcane
Uh...

So can anyone confirm or has everyone in the threat rootkitted themselves :salute:

Destroid

Arcane
I didn't click the link but instead did my patriotic duty and downloaded from an Australian site.

MapMan

Arcane
Well, it was almost instant. I clicked the link, the exploit must've executed and gained admin access, few seconds later I notice the system is trying to shutdown. After a reboot the pc is already fucked. Malicious code probably injected into some of the system processes and you can't do jack shit. I managed to get it back to work with a combination of rolling back windows and a solid avira system scan.

Wouldn't have noticed, Comodo is anal enough it shuts down even official apps until I give it the express go ahead.

made

Arcane
MapMan said:
Some kind of malware rootkit installed on the system and fucked up everything. Wonder how that happened.
Ugh. Perhaps one of the ads or summin. Get adblock and Comodo.

Satan

Educated
there was something wrong with the link? i haven't noticed.

MapMan

Arcane
I have adblock and flashblock and it still went through. :thumbsup:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Paperclip said:
So, what's the difference between the Eco and the Industrial faction?
No idea. Demo only had industrial faction.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well i know i am going to buy the game so i did not see the need to download the demo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom