Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Fallout - VD left, never to return. (Completed)

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
No way you're getting out of this with your derp spiked fists

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
curry said:
Had to reinstall Fallout and finished it twice. Damn it's a short game.

Better short than running around one shotting everything in slow-mo while the game throws fake challenges by putting in random crits in enemies that you can't defend against. I stand by my opinion that FO2 is inferior to the first one.

lightbane

Arcane
It is, especially the cut content, that's (unfortunately) mostly shit.

I wonder if Brian will be able to make it out alive, your puny spikes will not hurt these robots.

RK47

Patron
24 - Cold Steel

Dogmeat starts biting on the bot with phallic looking weapon on its bottom. I'm seriously injured by the earlier sniper shot.
01.jpg

02.jpg

I gotta get to cover, quickly.
03.jpg

Made it!
04.jpg

Now to disable the primary powers.
05.jpg

Derp.
06.jpg

My fists won't do much good against hard steel. Let's hope this Pulse Grenade does what it says.
07.jpg

I'll wait for these bastards to come close before hitting it.
08.jpg

Dick-Bot reached me first. Time to lay in the hurt.
09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Not exactly doing much damage, but Dogmeat bites and my punches add up, its self-preservation programming kicks in and it retreats, with the mutt in hot pursuit.
12.jpg

While I deal with the Sniper-Bot.
13.jpg

Son of a bitch.
14.jpg

Point blank shot...ugh.
15.jpg

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?
16.jpg

Last throw of the dice...
17.jpg

That's right, fry you piece of shit.
18.jpg

19.jpg

That was too close. Time to shut down the primary power.
20.jpg

I approach the Blue-Elevator...only to realize that the key card reader won't work without the primary power online. That means having killer robots greeting me on the other side.
21.jpg

No more pulse grenades. Who wants to live forever anyway? With a little luck a T-51b Power Armor is waiting for me on the fifth floor...
22.jpg

Huh...I've explored all of the Glow levels...this is the last one. Let's make a clean sweep.
23.jpg

I feel....changed.
24.jpg

I've been using my right arm for so long...
25.jpg

26.jpg

It'll help me hit better, I guess.
27.jpg

More trouble up ahead. I better be prepared.
28.jpg

One dose of Psycho should be good enough.
29.jpg

As soon as the door opens, the limp Dick-Bot goes live and moves in for the kill.
30.jpg

I quickly hit the shut door button and wait behind it.
31.jpg

I can hear more hydraulics movement across the halls....more trouble.
32.jpg

This isn't exactly going according to plan.
33.jpg

With my right arm focused I can hit them at any point...
34.jpg

But unarmed strikes aren't really effective against these machines. They feel no pain.
35.jpg

Dodging two phallic bots and a shotgun in point blank isn't a good plan.
36.jpg

Pretty soon there will be five around me.
37.jpg

I've got to improvise.
39.jpg

A point blank explosive, coupled with grenades should do the trick.
40.jpg

Just take a step back...
41.jpg

No, don't come close you stupid mutt!
42.jpg

Goddamit, why won't you listen?!
43.jpg

Too late, the explosion caught him too. The rest of the bots felt it too. They picked themselves off the floor and unload their weapons at me.
44.jpg

Miraculously, Dogmeat is still alive, just barely. But it growled and pounced at me!
45.jpg

Too bad. I thought we'd both survive this and you get to live in a Vault...
46.jpg

Counter attack successful.
47.jpg

And another...
48.jpg

Sorry, Dogmeat. It had to end this way.
49.jpg

The bots routed.
50.jpg

Even the last remaining one ran out of ammo.
51.jpg

Time to finish this.
52.jpg

I pulled its power coupling off, disabling it permanently.
53.jpg

The surviving Dick-bots retreated beyond the room. I'll just have to hit the kill-switch on the console to shut them down later.
54.jpg

The way to the fifth floor is clear.

lightbane

Arcane
:x :x NOOO!!!!YOU KILLED DOGMEAT!!! BRIAN, YOU'RE A MONSTER!!!!

Brian sure has no luck with his companions :M :M

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
arrrgghh

going into a power gaming rut

this is the least effective fallout playthrough ive ever seen

you should have 200% in small gun with automatic shotguns and rifles and shit at this point

oh derp imma fightan with mah fists

:rage:
:thumbsup:

RK47

Patron
Serious_Business said:
arrrgghh

going into a power gaming rut

you should have 200% in small gun with automatic shotguns and rifles and shit at this point

oh derp imma fightan with mah fists

:rage:
:thumbsup:

:troll:
I dunno man, it seems easy past the glow-bots. Everything else with flesh....can be punched to death. We're getting Brotherhood hardware after this..things should blow up easy. With or Without Guns.

RK47

Patron
Yes Brother, once the Steel is with me...I shall wield a Power Fist and Plasma Pistol in each arm, as I unleash the Emperor's Fury and Judgment of Flames. Commencement of Exterminatus against the Xenos that threatens the Purity of Mankind's Future shall follow...

To ARMS! /spoiler

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Dogmeat?!!?!!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Why did you turn on your master you stupid mutt!

Oh well. Being alone suits Fallout better anyway.

Serious_Business said:

And that's what makes it interesting. Someone with good-or-great knowledge of Fallout gameing through the thing wouldn't make for a very interesting LP.

RK47

Patron
25 - The Brotherhood

There, that did the trick. The bots are down, and so are the lights.
01.jpg

So many holo-disks in this level. I'll go through them when I'm somewhere safe.
02.jpg

There's a set of combat armor in here. I'm getting overloaded, so I ditch the leather armor and put on the green camo suit, savoring its higher level of protection and comfort.
04.jpg

This level contains more caches of weapons. I'm getting overloaded and have to pick my salvage carefully.
05.jpg

A mini gun. I will have to pass on this one.
06.jpg

A strange device called a 'Stealth-Boy' piqued my interest. I'll have to test this sometime.
07.jpg

No sign of the T-51b....but I found the famed Plasma Rifle. Although I'm unskilled in such weapons, I bet it'll fetch a fine price.
08.jpg

I'm done with cleaning house, all in all, I abandoned lots of goods, there's just too many to carry and I doubt I'll be back any time soon. I hit the power on switch to take the elevator back upstairs.
09.jpg

10.jpg

Whut?
11.jpg

After bruised fists and spent grenades, I return to the AI mainframe to disable the primary power again, for the final time.
12.jpg

There's nothing left for me here.
13.jpg

I'll leave my rope here, maybe there are other fools like me who'll challenge the Glow next time.
14.jpg

My return to the Brotherhood is plagued with many obstacles, from random scorpions.
15.jpg

To petty raiders.
17.jpg

I decide to give them mercy this time.
18.jpg

They're fucking insistent, though.
19.jpg

They want blood? I'll give them blood.
20.jpg

I wasn't paying attention to the rest, being focused too much on the raider with the handgun. I got caught by a heavy blow to the face.
21.jpg

They knock me onto the ground and start kicking at me. Thankfully, the armor absorbed the blow.
22.jpg

I get up, impatience getting to me.
23.jpg

I ignore the three and charge at the pistol toting bastard.
24.jpg

vd.jpg
Here. Let me help you see better...
25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

vd.jpg
Who's next?
28.jpg

29.jpg

I stop by at the Hub to trade away my surplus goods for more stims and caps.
30.jpg

31.jpg

I left the Plasma Rifle and the Fusion Cells at Far Go's shelves. Butch assures me it'll be safe till my return.
32.jpg

It's time for me to join the Brotherhood.
Music: Metallic Monks
33.jpg

34.jpg

vd.jpg
Yep, sure did.

He looks surprised and demanded I hand over the evidence for review before letting me in. I hand him the holo-disk. He returns later and congratulates me. With a smile, he opens the door to the bunker to let me in.
35.jpg

The cool air within is comforting. Much like the Vault, the Brotherhood Bunker is high-tech in nature with a more military set up in mind. Armored guards patrol every corner, security cameras on every level, alert at all times. Feeling a bit lost, I approach the guard near me.
36.jpg

vd.jpg
Could you tell me where I might find our High Elder?
guard.jpg
Maxson, the High Elder, can be found on the Fourth Floor. If you take the other elevator to level four, he should be either in the Council Room or the Elders' rooms. You can ask one of the guards on that level; they should know where he is at the moment.
vd.jpg
Where can I get some better weapons?
guard.jpg
You should talk to Talus. He might be able to help you, or at least tell you who to talk to. During the day, talus is normally supervising in the training hall. Do you know where that is?
vd.jpg
No.
guard.jpg
The training hall is right around the corner. Just got down this corridor, make a left, go through the door at the end of the corridor, and it will be through the door on your right.
vd.jpg
You have been extremely helpful. Thank you very much. I hope we can talk again soon. Good day.

She smiles, and I make my way....unfortunately making the wrong turn.
37.jpg

I sensed their hesitance to speak to a mere Initiate and decide to brush up on my Speech skills. Perhaps a little decorum will go a long way in this Order.
38.jpg

I seem to have located a storage room of some sort, there's a counter person outside and I decide to have a little chat with him.
39.jpg

vd.jpg
Please excuse me for asking, but what do you do for our Brotherhood?
store.jpg
Oh, nothing quite as glorious as our Paladins. I just run the supply room, checking equipment and other supplies out to people.
vd.jpg
I'd like to check out something. How do I do that?
store.jpg
You need to have the proper authorization, only specific people can give authorization to check out items from the supply room.
vd.jpg
Who can give me authorization?
store.jpg
Well, there are quite a few people actually; but Talus is the person you should probably talk to. You might also want to check with Mathia, she might be able to help you, too.
vd.jpg
Where can I find her?
store.jpg
Mathia is Maxon's assistant. She is technically the High Elder's assistant, but she works with all the other Elders. She is normally in the Elders' Rooms. That's located on the fourth floor.
vd.jpg
Okay. Thanks, bye.

Looks like I'll need the proper authorization to gain access to the Power Armor.
40.jpg

Hmm, this must be the training room...
41.jpg

Looks like they're teaching close combat skills at the moment, perhaps it might pay off if I pay attention. I stand next to the other students, they don't seem to mind.
42.jpg

teacher.jpg
In close combat the technique you use depends on your opponent's size, reach and quickness. If given the opportunity, test your opponent. Don't rush the attack.
43.jpg

The student makes a wild swing with his right, the instructor dodges it easily and exploited the opening with a well placed right.
44.jpg

teacher.jpg
You see how he lost his balance? Overextending yourself leaves you open for a counter attack. When you attack be sure not to overextend.
45.jpg

todd.jpg
If you have the opportunity for a kill, shouldn't you go for it?
46.jpg

Hmm...it's not just that. How do you explain it?
teacher.jpg
Overextending leaves your inside vulnerable to a counter attack and puts you off balance. One little shove will land you right on your ass.

He's right.
47.jpg

LP Comment: I was :bounce: when this shit happened. I did not expect it. I was just LARP-ing and suddenly I was rewarded for it. Interplay for the Win.

teacher.jpg
Okay, let's give another young punk a try at gramps.

I wanted to step in, but another student beat me to it.
48.jpg

teacher.jpg
Let's see if you've learned from the previous example.

The second student tries something different, he makes a quick jab with his right and suddenly switched with his left. The instructor however, noticed this and recovered brilliantly.
49.jpg

Dodging both blows to leave his opponent grasping naught but air.
50.jpg

The whole class gives a quiet applause at the instructor's prowess, taking quiet notes and mental image of the fighting art he teaches. I too, am learning much from this.
51.jpg

teacher.jpg
Are you sure you want to be a Scribe, Initiate? Those talents would be a shame to waste. We'll just keep you in reserve. Okay?
student.jpg
Uhh.
teacher.jpg
I'm just fooling with you. You may want to reconsider a career as a Knight. Just think about it.
student.jpg
Thank you, Brother Chris.
teacher.jpg
I hope you all noticed how Brother Anthony did not overextend himself. He also tried to use my weight and bulkiness against me. Well, that's all for now. So let's review.

I've gained much from such a short time in the Brotherhood.
53.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Don't forget to ask the doctor to give you a bionic eye... And maybe other enhancements you could use :M :M

PS: Wasn't there an actual Chris Avellone character somewhere in Fallout as an easter egg?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

You sold a Plasma Rifle?

Are. You. Out. Of. Your. Damn. Mind?

That's like selling a mansion to buy a boatload of drugs, so that you can have a more luxurious life as a homeless person.

curry

Arcane
Wyrmlord said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

You sold a Plasma Rifle?

Are. You. Out. Of. Your. Damn. Mind?

That's like selling a mansion to buy a boatload of drugs, so that you can have a more luxurious life as a homeless person.

Unarmed is powerful too when you got the Powerfist, good amount of APs and the extra -1 HtH AP perk. You can punch like 5 times.

It's not as powerful as the Turbo Plasma with the -1AP perk but it's still enough to punch Super Mutants into pieces.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The Brotherhood base is cool. Lotta stuff to do there. That unarmed training bit really is a nice touch.

Heh, I remember that random paladin you can flirt with at the elevator. Such a non-sequitur.

Wyrmlord said:
You sold a Plasma Rifle?

No. He didn't.

ironyuri

Brother None once again proves himself no Ausir.

Avellone the Bounty Hunter can be found on the Followers of the Apocalypse Boneyard map, also if you have childkiller rep, you might encounter him in the Wastes.

I don't know how to make spoiler tags or I would.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Square Bracket Open; Type "spoiler"; Square Bracket Close.

Write spoiler content.

Square Bracket Open; Right Slash; Type "spoiler"; Square Bracket Close.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom