Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will you be purchasing TES V: Skyrim?

Will you be purchasing Skyrim?

• Yes; in fact I have it pre-ordered

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I will pick it up at release

• Yes, I'll eventually buy it, but no rush

• No, I have no interest in it at all

• No, but I will be sailing the Seven Seas to pillage its booty yargh!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

funkadelik

Arcane
pocahaunted said:
What's wrong steamfags, isn't it awesome to have to wait when filthy pirates get to play your beloved game?

Nope, I can wait. I've got BF3 and Dark Souls to play.

My girlfriend is really excited about this hiking simulator and we are actually going to the midnight release party at Hastings.

Matt7895 said:
also the imperials look roman, very roman armor ect

he loved Morrowind

Your 'friend' is a liar, bro.

TL6PV.jpg

morrowind024.jpg

Arlborn

Novice
My ex-girlfriend loved Oblivion so much, for the past years all she did was play Oblivion or Wow on the computer.

She bought a new kick ass computer just for Skrym, that is probably why I dumped her.

Yes, she dumped me. Yes, I'm in denial.

Korgan

Arbiter
You know what? I'm currently removing this from Todd's inventory, and in 4 hours I'll be enjoying a big, highly entertaining and flashy first-person action game. I'm going to level every-fucking-thing, try all possible gameplay paths and give precisely ZERO fucks about the Kodex's snarky whining or the corruption of the once-legendary WRPG franchise. And maybe I'll get some general gameplay enhancement mod. That's all.
M:

TripJack

Hedonist
you faggots are actually going to waste time with this what the hell is wrong with you people

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
TripJack said:
you faggots are actually going to waste time with this what the hell is wrong with you people
Hell yeah I am.

I'm just not going to pay for it. :smug:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Icewater said:
Yeah, but you WANTED it. You NEEDED it.

Why? I'm not angry at you, I'm going to play it too. I just don't really understand this thing.

Xi

Arcane
Fuck mobile websites.

Ok, here is the skyrim video review by Destructoid. It has some new footage and thoughts:

http://www.destructoid.com/the-dtoid-sh ... 5567.phtml

Perks that allow you to steal equipped items, "confirmed."

Icewater said:
TripJack said:
Hell yeah I am.

Spineless, weasley little fuck!

ChristofferC

Magister
I have an urge to try this game now even though it seems to suck and I didn't like any of the previous games in the Elder Scrolls series. :?

Gord

Arcane
Just want to mention how grateful I'm for all you brave souls that are venturing into the unknown, risking their mental health to play Skyrim right on release, so that we who are less adventurous or more cowardly know whether we should play it or not!

:thumbsup:

Erzherzog

Magister
Korgan said:
You know what? I'm currently removing this from Todd's inventory, and in 4 hours I'll be enjoying a big, highly entertaining and flashy first-person action game. I'm going to level every-fucking-thing, try all possible gameplay paths and give precisely ZERO fucks about the Kodex's snarky whining or the corruption of the once-legendary WRPG franchise. And maybe I'll get some general gameplay enhancement mod. That's all.
M:

But then again, you are Korgan, and we already know you have shitty taste.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Almost 1/3 of the Codex is honest is going to buy or bought this crap.

It looks like for them the income of KKKs is in danger.

Remember to keep getting KKKs you now need to cry about how Skyrim is better than Oblivion (even though it's even more dumbed down and terrible).

AlaCarcuss said:
baronjohn said:
I am "purchasing" it right now. I'll probably do a blind LP immediately.

It unlocked on steam about 3 hours ago here in Aus. so I've put a couple of hours into it so far.

The world design seems vastly improved over Oblivion and FO3 - makes you want to explore. Much less cut'n'paste - I'm told that every one of the 150+ dungeons are hand crafted this time... we shall see.

The review posted yesterday mentioned some dungeons looking similar enough to be a little disheartening. Which someone on the Codex who doesn't have to play things down can take to mean copy and paste.

Maybe they have created a lot of unique ones. But you know there are plenty of generic.

MetalCraze

Arcane
AlaCarcuss said:
I'm told that every one of the 150+ dungeons are hand crafted this time

Wow retards on the Codex try to find an excuse for liking a game even more dumbed down than Oblivion and Fallout 3 put together to seem better than ESF population

The lulzy bit is that the amount of retarded in this quote is off the scale.

Not only you repeat what Hines told you but you also seem to believe that Oblivion's dungeons were totally not hand crafted. Probably foot crafted then or did Bethesda make Radiant AI put them together? :lol:

DemonKing

Arcane
I'm thinking about it based on the generally positive reviews, but I must admit I prefer tight, fun and linear 20-40 hour CRPGS than 200 hour+ timesinks (particulalry with 2 small kids to worry about).

Also, I still have to finish Witcher 2 & Drakensang, as well as devote some time to BF3.

crufty

Arcane
I am actually kinda looking forward to it. If it was avail today I would have bought it.

I have been pretty rough on t. Howard in the past, but it would seem as if this release is more in the dagger fall spirit.

Lack of skills is a big hmmm but life goes on.

Xi

Arcane
Personally, I like to play in the sandbox! I really enjoyed Daggerfall back in 1996/1997! I probably played it a number of times since then, but I really enjoyed the open world, open character development, and sheer size/variety found within the game. (Thinking from the perspective of 96/97 that is) So, I highly anticipated Morrowind. I liked it for many reasons, but ultimately it was not the game I had hoped for. Still, it took up hundreds of hours of my time and I easily got my monies worth. Insert Oblivion - what a piece of shit! Honestly, this was a HUGE step backwards. I didn't put much time into this game and for the most part stopped caring about the sandbox. (Also, life happened, and that is an entirely different story filled with hot wenches, money, and booze.)

This game represents something I liked back in the day. I'm highly skeptical of the game because the newer designers are a bunch of fuckin hacks, imho. Still, I hold a piece of hope for this game because I want to relive the nostalgic days I spent playing Daggerfall. I'm interested in this game and am hoping the bethstapo actually pull it off.

Also, it will be fun to critique their shoddy design schemes. I find just as much fun in understanding gameplay design as I do in actually playing games anymore. A part of me always wanted to be a nerdy DnD game developer who could make his own, high quality, PC gaming experiences. So, eh... I'll probably get it at some point.

Sacculina

Educated
In my corner of Thirdworldia, a work of such majestic proportions can only come at an equally majestic price--three times the amount that PC games are usually sold at. I hereby change my vote to 'No, I have no interest in it at all' and submit my application to join the esteemed ranks of Jaesun's bro list.

Ivory Samoan

Liturgist
Definately an improvement on Oblivion.

If Fallout NV had a root with Morrowind and the Midwife was Oblivion... this would kind of sum up Skyrim.
Interestingly, the first 20-30 minutes of gameplay are the worst by far, scripted-'go here' then 'go there-events.. nothing like the rest of the game really.

Better than being at work. :)

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So far not bad.

It looks nice and other then the horrid UI it is interesting. I mean it is no classic RPG that will be Codex Classic, but for a dungeon crawl game it is okay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom