Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim blind LP AKA A Tale of a Cowardly Breton

racofer

Thread Incliner
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THOSE TEXTURES?!?!

baronjohn

Cipher
Seems I have a competitor. I'll probably finish the game before he even starts though, so whatevs.

Near the exit of the tutorial dungeon is a shrine(?) where you can get a 20% bonus to either mage, thief or warrior skills. I went back to find it and had the hardest time ever, dying a couple of times to random fools strewn across the landscape.

The founders!
XlnT5.jpg

What the hell is this?
QGh1N.jpg

Alright this is the shrine
4Zbrd.jpg

Nearby I find a mine, where I make liberal use of the frenzy spell to make the bandits fight each other
4LBaW.jpg

The mine has a nice atmosphere, again, but no notable loot
ZiJyP.jpg

The Companions, eh? Sounds interesting.
GVaZ4.jpg

I am a unique snowflake. I don't need your pharmaceutical poisons you soulless bitch
RPgXR.jpg

This is Whiterun
BsmQw.jpg

The jarl's hall
DhhuO.jpg

The jarl says that his mage has a task for us
2HCCo.jpg

The mage wants the Dragonstone, which we already have
b5dXF.jpg

A dragon is spotted near Whiterun. Time to send 5 town guards armed with swords to take on the giant, flying, fire-breathing demi-god monster. Sounds good.
3SoqU.jpg

I buy a bunch of spells from the mage, including the Fire Atronach, which looks suspiciously like a Quake 3 model
GFz66.jpg

This is going to be MAJESTIC
KiBJO.jpg

OW2Gg.jpg

Giant demi-god monster vs my apprentice summon, who wins? (to be fair, it took like 7 atronachs)
SazW3.jpg

The dragon dies and I get its power. Ohhhhhhh.
KNxPb.jpg

The guards ask me to demonstrate my awesome new power, and I oblige
YgLHN.jpg

Time to head back. On the way I hear a thundering shout from the sky saying "Dovakin!"

Kitty! Awwwwwwww
Y1vR0.jpg

The jarl says the greybeards have summoned me.
58RWk.jpg

He names me thane of Whiterun
405QC.jpg

And gives me a housecarl, which is like a really prestigious warrior-slave or something?
Ifzd6.jpg

Sorry, but you're not as cool as that cat.
3pjek.jpg

Do I keep this housecarl with me, or do I forge my own destiny? I think she's actually immortal, which might kind of ruin the difficulty even on the highest level.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
So, how is the voice acting in Skyrim compared to Morrowind and Oblivion?

How does the health regen work out? Frankly, to me it sounds incredibly lame, but who knows? Maybe it actually works.

Erebus

Arcane
Visually, the game appears rather nice. The rest doesn't seem promising at all, however.

I think a housecarl is simply a warrior who's sworn fealty to a lord.

mang

Novice
So whether you join up with the empire or the jarl at the beginning determines the outcome of the entire empire vs. rebellion plot? That is quite retarded.

baronjohn

Cipher
Since we're told it's really urgent that we visit the greybeards or whatever, this is the perfect time to go north and join the Skyrim mage guild.
FuONP.jpg

Yeah, alright whatever, I don't need your--
I1AP0.jpg

HOLY SHIT, HOLD ME AND DON'T LET GO
IDDGp.jpg

This is ridiculous. What the hell happened to the good old mage guild in Morrowind?
0iE9C.jpg

Anyway, we join some lessons.
U3Ndi.jpg

Then we're instructed to go to some excavation site for further lessons.
Kp31k.jpg

Where are you leading me... are you... are you sure this is safe? Where is everyone?
LT5B0.jpg

Turns out, he wasn't just leading us into a cave to rape us, there actually is an excavation going on here
ZMZQT.jpg

What could go wrong?
Subze.jpg

Oh no!! I touched something and now I'm trapped!
SyigU.jpg

But then I like, do something, and I'm free again.
Rj0kl.jpg

Also some guy appears, stops time and says some very vague and useless shit
C6Oqd.jpg

The Psijic order? Sounds like a scam
D4brm.jpg

Anyway, further on we battle some undead.
bgiqr.jpg

The cowardly mage then goes his own way.
IviXF.jpg

The dungeons in Skyrim are actually pretty big. I'm abridging it hard here. This is the end
H4Vu6.jpg

We battle some powerful guy. No context whatsoever
Q5u6a.jpg

Time to go inform the arch-mage. Teehee
7QGUt.jpg

You could at least pretend to care about me dad :(
COXVl.jpg

Oh, the books have been stolen... how convenient. I guess it's up to me to get them. If this were Morrowind I'd still be picking flowers and making practical jokes on other members' in the guild, but in Skyrim you get right into the meat of it.
BgMu9.jpg

Our destination is northeast of Whiterun
SWn9F.jpg

It is, of course, a ruin, with another humongous dungeon
ClAIE.jpg

Oh dear, well lets do this.
7mvI5.jpg

Vampires?
GgMNm.jpg

There are no vampires here, only novice and apprentice mages. Where did those fledglings come from?
IYzC4.jpg

Anyway, we save the college student who stole the books, but he doesn't have them anymore. We tell him to fuck off. He is never heard from again.
5lmv5.jpg

My housecarl and the summon deal with everything with some healing assistance from me.
LDCiX.jpg

The final confrontation is between us and a mage that has a one-hit kill spell
Gs4ad.jpg

She dies after the third attempt and I return the books to find...
Hpl1N.jpg

That they've brought the mysterious ball of mystery right into the college atrium. That is some MAJESTIC thinking right there.
JfB0W.jpg

baronjohn

Cipher
Anyway I return the books
b3N48.jpg

Apparently someone is looking for me
YCNtw.jpg

Oh, it's you again. We have to stop meeting like this dude. At least buy me a proper dinner
XKaJ9.png

He says we have to find some Augur or whatever
4lXeL.jpg

This is getting complicated...
HLuAr.jpg

The Midden? You mean the fucking basement?
QmZxb.jpg

I'm starting to agree
Xmx5Y.jpg

You have to be shitting me
4isRu.jpg

Oh for fucks sake, does nobody know anything?
CpXUc.jpg

Great, you-- what? Mzulft? That sounds... dwarven!!!
2tO17.jpg

Good weather for once
NNUAq.jpg

When we get to... some city near the ruins, a dragon is attacking it. But we have no time for dragons
SMxoe.jpg

Hmm, are you sure this is it? This doesn't look dwarven, this looks like more generic nextgen bethpizda architecture
M9W3D.jpg

I'm not sure how to feel about this
Suchv.jpg

Why are the walls solid stone blocks? Well, at least the enemies are authentic
BJzvS.jpg

What is this shit?
F3hQE.jpg

And what are these asshole monsters that are tougher than dragons?
7heUz.jpg

The lightning is nice
YQgz6.jpg

Must heal housecarl or she dies very quickly now
CUn2o.jpg

Friend sphere
OXrWH.jpg

Typical bethesda dungeon design + some pipes
1720K.jpg

You can mine the ore with a pickaxe, although since I'm not smithing this is going to be useless to me.
0OGqa.jpg

I don't know man...
ReyjE.jpg

What the?
S6fJg.jpg

LOL. Housecarl you look like a space marine
5OCfi.jpg

Alright, looks like a quest item
Y8zYK.jpg

We find the last surviving researcher after some really tough battles
RsQJP.jpg

He's not happy, but calms down
bSzsK.jpg

He leads us to this machine...
MQyLf.jpg

I solve a puzzle involving heating and freezing the focusing crystal and then...
X2zpP.jpg

Drakron

Arcane
octavius said:
So, how is the voice acting in Skyrim compared to Morrowind and Oblivion?

Ranges from good to terrible bad.

How does the health regen work out? Frankly, to me it sounds incredibly lame, but who knows? Maybe it actually works.

Well it does one thing, it saves you on potions after combat ... actually no,mana regen that does that since you get a healing spell at the start and mana regens at a good ratio so it might not even be there as far things are concerned.

In combat ... no, its not going to save your ass as I did the incredible stupid thing of accepting the "save the tree" quest and when I fought the head witch (or creature, it had a name but it have its own mesh so I suspect its a creature) for the dagger thing or whatever and she was hitting me so hard (and I was hitting her so lightly and I was level 5 with 30 on Blade) I end up using every potion I had including a regen one just to stay alive.

And I just said fuck it when for the next leg of the quest I had to cross miles, one thing Skyrim apparently gets it is how vast it seems to be ... in Oblivion you felt things were just around the corner but in this one even if things are close it still feels its vast.

baronjohn

Cipher
A... a map? That's it? A map?!
4cURM.jpg

The mage isn't happy either.
TykiX.jpg

On the way out... Imperative that I return immediately, huh? Okay.
Uyq95.jpg

We exit high above the entrance, somewhere on the mountain and make our way down. This was in a chest just lying outside. Quest item?
KzcO1.jpg

Mud crabs
MIGmT.png

Me and my badass space marine go to Whiterun
1ESRq.jpg

I went to the stores and sold some stuff. Then I went up to the court jew and bought myself a house and some furnishings
V2rCf.jpg

Anyway, back to the college. Oops, seems there's trouble
TlQoW.jpg

Together we defeat the barrier somehow. But when the arch-mage tries to stop the other mage, all hell breaks lose. The arch-mage dies.
05tmg.jpg

The town of winterhold is under attack
VEBba.jpg

By majestic flying sperm. Truly majestic design by a majestic bethesda
ZdLgE.jpg

Anyway I'm told to find the Staff of Magnus, yet again. Fact: I had it in Morrowind and it was useless. It's probably still lying in some chest somewhere, along with the hundreds of other apparently world-shattering-but-useless-in-practice artifacts I collected on my journey
K3Fl4.jpg

She gives me some sort of amulet or whatever
E8S6N.jpg

On the way we meet some mammoths. They're not hostile.
5OMx0.jpg

Alright, this is the area. Sadly we can't really go there right now because it's too hard. I could just run through it without engaging any enemies but that's boring and there's probably a mandatory boss at the end that would fuck it all up.
FIyGG.jpg

I guess I'll go do the main quest first. Either that or lower the difficulty.

lightbane

Arcane
So far, it seems that Skrym is not as bad as Oblivion, but that's not saying much :M :M

baronjohn

Cipher
Get married, he said. What are you, my mother? This turned out to be harder than it sounds.

First I thought maybe you could marry your housecarl, but it wasn't an option.
4vpIs.jpg

So, being totally lost, I consulted a wiki. Turns out we have to go to Riften to the temple of Mara to purchase a certain amulet. It's a good thing Skyrim has a bus service.
FTzsi.png

Riften doesn't seem like the most pleasant place
78hHT.jpg

I tried burning the town down, but it didn't work and nobody seemed to care
Csbdn.jpg

This is the temple of Mara
7NqCi.jpg

No option to buy anything... a quest? You have to be kidding me. Well, okay... Ivarstead, that's... really far away...
FacGP.jpg

Time to hike up the mountains. It's a good thing the housecarl teleports back every few minutes, or she'd be lost forever.
MM7yY.jpg

Ambushed by a bandit on a tree trunk over a chasm. Brilliant
0cL6B.jpg

This game sure is pretty
UEudA.jpg

Finally, we're here. The girl is clearly delusional.
3IYVb.jpg

I talk to her parents
YetPY.jpg

I could follow either the mother's of father's advice. I decide to follow the father's advice and talk to the girl's friend and convince him to proclaim his love. This guy is clearly a Codexer.
3FKUe.jpg

It all works out.
3n2kg.jpg

I go back and get... another quest?!
SQZVg.jpg

To hell with this. I check the wiki again and apparently the priest I'm looking for is in the pub. Alright.
V8dOi.jpg

Housecarl won't marry me even with the amulet, so I searched around and this is the first one that consented
XvPV4.jpg

Whatever, bro. Magic sucks. I wish I had made a thief instead.
5gtz7.jpg

I arrange a wedding
HIczD.jpg

There's a ceremony
G4c2r.jpg

She goes back to her home, but I tell her to move her ass to Whiterun
CIlb2.jpg

She starts a shop. In which she sells me things at full price. WTF. Although I do get income from it.
QhzvX.jpg

Okay, bonus!! I'll do a bit of the main quest
CQ2U3.jpg

This is where the greybeards live
VFB4y.jpg

I am dragonborn, blah blah
HTgYA.jpg

They teach me a shout and an additional word (each shout has 3 words)
GNE2d.jpg

Now they want me to fetch some item for them as a test
blrJP.jpg

On the way there I meet a kitty! who gives me a quest! and shows genuine concern for my life!
LsMHj.jpg

Anyway, first we need to do the main quest dungeon
GDRww.jpg

There's nothing special here. I do get a new shout that lets me become invincible for a short time.
JixK3.jpg

I get to the end... and a note awaits me
SpKDo.jpg

But first we need to do the kitty's quest
GYeut.jpg

These are some really nice graphics
RvOTu.jpg

What?
BMXnZ.jpg

XsJ4c.jpg

On the way, I find a bandit outpost. They all die
4syU6.jpg

If only the writing was as good as the graphics
Rlac4.jpg

The cave is short and easy
B8ZkC.jpg

Finding the kitty again though, that was a challenge. Turns out he's only around for an hour or so per day. It took me forever to find him again. Here I am lifting a tree like a pro
QoVaX.jpg

Fighting frost trolls
XeRRh.jpg

Oh, there you are! And he offers to join me. Goodbye housecarl, hello kitty. Unfortunately I can't get him to wear the space marine armor.
45Enb.jpg

Okay, back to the main quest. I go to the inn like the note said.
0xPEM.jpg

After a rest, the woman comes in and tells me to follow her
MXMdp.jpg

She gives me the quest item as a sign of trust
LDmHf.jpg

Then opens the closet secret door and down we go (some neat detail here - you have to close the room door first before she'll open the secret door)
KYyQr.jpg

She explains that she's been looking for the dragonborn
bQ6Rz.jpg

Then she tells me that someone is summoning dragons, and that only I can truly kill a dragon by eating its soul. She wants us to go to a likely summoning place to examine it
SFEz3.jpg

We run through half of Skyrim
Z0E2H.jpg

Encountering obstacles
0mrrT.jpg

Finally we arrive. It appears that a dragon is floating about.
5SCZx.jpg

Yep. That's a dragon
FywTn.png

Summoning another dragon
LMkpE.png

The new dragon isn't very happy with me. He attacks
Btbcv.png

Bitch, I have killed dragons on master difficulty. You think you have a chance on adept? Anyway, the woman explains that she is one of the last members of the Blades and she suspects that the Altmer dominion is responsible for this dragon plague
5JVia.jpg

Back at the greybeards they're finally happy that I'm dragonborn, so they give me another word and tell me where another power shout can be found.
4sqix.jpg

What's next?

MetalCraze

Arcane
racofer said:
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THOSE TEXTURES?!?!

Why? They are pretty mega. Courtesy of Technical Visionary himself

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom