Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is good so far...cry about it

ThunderHorse

Novice
I liked Morrowind. I thought Oblivion was watered down, mediocre, and dull. Skyrim is much better. The world actually has mood and atmosphere. It's a very bleak and solemn place. I'm enjoying it. The combat has been improved as everything seems more weighty and you have to mind your fatigue. Towns are vastly improved with sounds and chatter. In a tavern, a bard pulled out a lute and began singing a song on request. I don't understand the graphical complaints as it's beautiful and the environments arent generic as they were in Oblivion. I haven't noticed negative effects of level scaling. I came upon a giant and he knocked me backwards, killing me with one hit.
I'm chocking up the overwhelming negativity on this site to the elitist, arrogant attitude of many here who consider themselves to be the only true rpg fans. I've been playing rpg's since Ultima, Wizardry, Eye of The Beholder and such. Go ahead and insult me for not being a regular on an rpg forum. I'd take it as a compliment. Kids here seem to be the types of people that automatically dislike a band if it's popular. Seriously, Skyrim is a good game. It's not as "rpg-ie" stats wise, but for a world of adventure, swords, and sorcery, it's a great time. That said, I did have to update my naga mouse drivers because it was wigging out. I have a GTX580 and run all visuals at max perfectly and it's gorgeous. I'm not satisfied with the leveling system as there are no longer stats such as str, wis, int. It's not so much an rpg anymore as it is an action/ adventure game with rpg elements. Who's to say what an rpg actually is though. If you like immersion, this is far, far better than Oblivion. If you want tons of menus and stats, go install wizardry onto an emulator.

moebius

Novice
So you would like to let the world know that you like a game, but cannot tolerate someone else in the world disliking it?

I do actually like Skyrim, but why post this?

ThunderHorse

Novice
moebius said:
So you would like to let the world know that you like a game, but cannot tolerate someone else in the world disliking it?

I do actually like Skyrim, but why post this?
Negative, but I don't like it when people bash games because of the company that makes them and/ or because the game is popular.
Gerrard said:
I think you're lost.
I'm fully aware of the Codex. That's why I brought my dungeon masters guide and floppy of Oregon Trail.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Obvious troll is obvious.

Where are you from, the TES forums?

We don't care if you enjoy Skyshit.

ThunderHorse

Novice
jiujitsu said:
Obvious troll is obvious.

Where are you from, the TES forums?

We don't care if you enjoy Skyshit.
I don't think I've ever posted at TES. I'm no fanboy at all. Oblivion was dull and watered down. This is a good game though. Lol@ honesty offended Bethesda haters who have their reviews made up before a game is released.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
C'mon guys this thread is an outrage

Summon up some rage uurraagghghgh huhhhhhhhhhhh

One two three I'm angry - goooooooOOOOO team codex

garren

Arcane
Patron
So instead of using the existing million topics about Skyrim you feel the need to make yet another one, and instead of making a separate post on some other topic listing the good points of the game, you attack the negative opinions of the people who bash the game without telling why.

If you have positive feelings about the game, you could, you know, just post about them, but now you're just making yourself look like a Bethesda apologist.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Rivmusique said:
Todd said:
you have to mind your fatigue
Is this even true?

Fatigue does drop a lot faster than it did in Morrowind or Oblivion. I'm sure that you can power-game around it easily enough, but rushing into combat and swingin' mah sword like an idiot has gotten me killed a couple of times in the early stages of the game. I do wish that holding a bow shot would put a gradual drain on it, though. It's too easy to just lurk in the shadows and lead your targets until the absolute perfect moment.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Actually, I'm really rather enjoying the game so far. It's a long way off from the marvel of the modern age that the "critics" are claiming it to be...but the world is attractive and pretty well constructed, and the story is pulp enough to be silly fun. Plus it runs well (for me anyway) right out of the box, which is more than I could ever say for Oblivion or Fallout 3.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I would probably enjoy it if my right mouse button mapping didn't get stuck into a spell and now I can't remap that shit something else.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
racofer said:
I would probably enjoy it if my right mouse button mapping didn't get stuck into a spell and now I can't remap that shit something else.

Oh yeah. The dual-weilding system is kind of DOA. It's absolutely terrible to set up. But you should be able to get rid of it by just equipping other things, no?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Mister Arkham said:
racofer said:

Oh yeah. The dual-weilding system is kind of DOA. It's absolutely terrible to set up. But you should be able to get rid of it by just equipping other things, no?

Been there, done that - the thing is definitely stuck.

It seems so be a "feature" of the game from what I've been gathering around.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
If it's not as good as Morrowind, I'm giving it a pass. Thanks but no thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom