Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game of the year 2011: RPGCodex Top 3

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
The only 2011 game what I have played was that Lovecraft roguelike in development.

Just because some one considers a given number of games to be the best games of that year doesn't by default that they consider those games to be good. One could consider them to be merely less bad than the rest so to say.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Merkwürdigliebe said:
Just because some one considers a given number of games to be the best games of that year doesn't by default that they consider those games to be good. One could consider them to be merely less bad than the rest so to say.

Yeah, the idea is to decide on the Codex Game of the Year, not the best game of all time.

Provided enough Codexers participate, of course. :M

MonkeyLancer

Educated
MetalCraze said:
Wow
95% of people ITT are nothing but tasteless consoletards they make fun of

Not a single good game, let alone good PC game

Really? Tell us what you really feel?

Or has your mantra become so overused that you don't giving a meaningful suggestion of your own for fear that will be called banalshitboring?

edit: I haven't played any games that have come out this year, yet

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Gray Matter
The Book Of Unwritten Tales
The Next Big Thing

Gray Matter reentered the list!

WhiteGamer

Educated
I would vote for Dark Souls as the number 1 contender, but the game is running at 5-20 fps most of the time. If it was a smooth 30-60, it would be there, for sure.

praetor

Arcane
do seriously people (or sheeple!) think that skyway can meaningfully contribute to any non-arma2 related thread?! :lol:

Notorious

Augur
Hmm had to think a while for that, not a lot of good games were released this year for the PC...

1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
2. Sengoku
3. To the Moon

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Deus Ex HR
Battlefield 3
Minecraft

(Does Minecraft count as a 2011 game? Full version came out a couple of days ago, but its been in beta for years.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Amnesia: The dark Decent

(Just bought Gemini Rue, when it turns out to be good I will edit it in too)

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Hm, I didn't play many games from this year, so I'm not sure I should post anything. I played some good stuff, like SpaceChem, but the rest is from previous years so …

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Portal 2 is the only game I can think of, but that's more due to lack of worthwhile competition and me not being arsed to play any games released this year.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Dicksmoker said:
Was New Vegas this year?
Nah, but you could vote for the dlc if you don't have anything else to put in your list.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom