Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim: 30 hrs down the drain (Imperial vs Stormcloak spoila

Heresiarch

Prophet
At gameplay hour 38, I've decided to join the Stormcloak, because they seem to be the bro. But soon after I can't help but feel wtf is this shit, these guys are bloodthirsty arses even worse than real life Gauls. They are all fucking racists against anyone and anything.

And the fucking second quest was,

Taking over Whiterun, which is where MY house is located, and I have FRIENDS there!

And the worst happened just half an hour earlier since now, when I discovered via the main quest

Fucking Ulfric is a fucking THALMOR ASSEST

Holy shit I can't help but feel myself almost faint over. It's not unlike in Witcher
joining the Flaming Roses only to find they are fucking owned by the big evil one

And the game doesn't allow me to resign. I now have three choices:
1. Live through with the C&C, and continue serving them.
2. Rewind back to 30 hrs later, before joining the Stormcloaks, and continue playing from there.
3. Rewind back to 67 hrs later, right at the whole beginning, and join the Legion guy while escape Helgen.

Shit I can't believe a fucking TES game is giving me headache about grey areas of faction issues.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Hmmmm I think I've found choice 4: I'm going to torrent Batman: Arkham City and enjoy some good goddamn batman action.

Anyway I'm still pretty butthurt over myself, despite playing as a Nord mage, who is supposed to be both intelligent and open minded, decided to join some rebel wannabe without having a thorough check on both sides of the war.

The Wizard

Educated
the civil war is indeed a boon for the thalmor, but if you had read the dossier closely you would have spotted the part where they say that a stormcloak victory needs to be "avoided at all costs". ulfric and his general dude also constantly say that the thalmor are the real problem, and as soon as things in skyrim are in order again they'll go to war against them.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So how far along in each questline do you need to go before the other gets cut off? Or is it immediate?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dicksmoker said:
So how far along in each questline do you need to go before the other gets cut off? Or is it immediate?

You can give the crown to the Tulius or Ulfric once reunification quest kicks in you're set... also where is the Ulfric dossier? I checked all embassy and could not find it.
Civil war is clear for me since I play as proud Cyro-Nord from Colovia as in all TES games. But I if I was Nord I would back Ulfric seeing that Empire is weak and infiltrated by Mus.... Thalmor. :decline:
Banning the God of Legioners, settlers and adventures is making me angry too... Good I can I kill Thalmor whenever I meet them. :smug:

Multi-headed Cow

It's in the embassy somewhere. Couldn't tell you specifics, don't remember. It's after you sneak away from the party. Maybe in the torture basement? Something.

Kaol

Educated
The whole "in" thing in gaming is for grey areas in everything. At least in this instance its appropriate.

Really, neither the empire or stormcloaks are meant to be perfect, both have reasons for liking or disliking them.

I sided with the stormcloaks mostly becasue the empire tries to murder you at the start of the game, it would be nice to have a non violent solution to whiterun considering its set up to be your home, i assume this isnt possible?

Heresiarch

Prophet
Ok I've deleted all my save games out of spite. I'll just roleplay that my character took the dossier and asked Ulfric about the truth and the bastard and his bloodthirsty general murdered me.

Anyway I think that part is one of the better plot twist I've seen so far in a TES game. The whole Imperial VS Stormcloak is done pretty well, as it is really really grey, very much like Order vs Scoiatel. Never expected it out of Bethsoft, as I thought it only makes games for children under 10 now.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's still not FNV... I made bunch of quests for Legion, took a two forts from them and wiped out a few of their patrols, I'm Imperial in Legion full kit and I walked into their camp... Hey fagot you're wearing Imperilal armor... Quickly change before you got hurt... And I said I happen to be Legion Officer.... then only they attacked me. I must check If I can go to Stormcloak controled cities.... In FNV after some point the NCR/Legion Attacked you on sight and the cities were closed to me, game also lacks the Thalmor path for Elves/lizards/khajit untermenshen, or atleast the reason why Ulfric would trust the Altmer. Dunmer and Orcs are disidents/heretics from Altmeri culture from long time so it's not so jaring they back Empire... less so with Stormcloaks who are rascist to them. It's lot better done than Oblivion and F3 derpness but still too consoltarted and loose. I wish Obsidian would make expansion/dlc about great war.
What will happenen If I reunite Skyrim before touching the main quest? Will I be forced to reconcile both factions?

Commissar Draco

Patron
Heresiarch said:
Ok I've deleted all my save games out of spite. I'll just roleplay that my character took the dossier and asked Ulfric about the truth and the bastard and his bloodthirsty general murdered me.

Anyway I think that part is one of the better plot twist I've seen so far in a TES game. The whole Imperial VS Stormcloak is done pretty well, as it is really really grey, very much like Order vs Scoiatel. Never expected it out of Bethsoft, as I thought it only makes games for children under 10 now.

In my opinion you did wrong... Thalmor backed the Stormcloaks to weaken Empire but didn't wanted any side to win... Reuniting Skyrim for both faction would be :incline:. But I chosed Empire mainly couse I like to Larp a Roman legionary in some backward province since Morrowind not couse I'm too idealistic either way. Empire has good and bad sides couse it's based on RL multiethnic countries like Roman Empire, HRE, British Empire and USA. IF I was fascianted by Hebrew or German Romantism I would pick Dunmer and Nords. Those are noble sentiments when not taken very seriusly but taken to the extreme led however to Communism and Nazism resectivly.

Nope

Liturgist
Re: Skyrim: 30 hrs down the drain (Imperial vs Stormcloak sp

Heresiarch said:
Try reading it more thoroughly next time. It mentions that he was tricked by them earlier up until the Markarth Incident but that he is no longer fooled.
It also outright states that the Stormcloak's victory should be avoided just as much as an Imperial one.
The Thalmor's goal is a prolonged conflict to weaken their enemies, which is essentially all Humans in Tamriel.

Nope

Liturgist
hoopy said:
Is it possible to work against both factions?
Nope, though you can ignore them as it's an optional sidequest.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Nope said:
hoopy said:
Is it possible to work against both factions?
Nope, though you can ignore them as it's an optional sidequest.

Optional side quest? It's showed down your throat from the very begining.... :retarded: Yup it's not FNV.
Well still fun to play though even after I offed Potema herself in side quest. :lol: Skyrim needs fame system from Morrowind/Fallouts badly.... I'm disrespected by guards even in cities where I'm thane which is equal to Baronet/Baron. on totaly lulzy side where can I find some nice looking bride? I'm not into zoophilia so no lizrdwomen/khajit please.

Heresiarch

Prophet

Nope said:
Heresiarch said:
Try reading it more thoroughly next time. It mentions that he was tricked by them earlier up until the Markarth Incident but that he is no longer fooled.
It also outright states that the Stormcloak's victory should be avoided just as much as an Imperial one.
The Thalmor's goal in s a prolonged conflict to weaken their enemies, which is essentially all Humans in Tamriel.

Yeah I know that. He's more or less rogue now. But it was after reading the dossier made me really realize how many problems the guy and his faction has, and what will happen to Skyrim in the long run if he wins. Besides, after a more thorough observation on both factions made me really like the Empire more.

I am now restarting the whole damn game as I need to wait for a couple of days before Batman finish downloading. And guess what, I have discovered a lot of small details on NPC and stuff that I have missed before.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Being almost beheaded in the begining of the game doesn't implore you the ugent need to check out your legal status and hook up with faction who'll shield you from future troubles with local law enforcement... But it's Bethsheda game when you'll not be executed even after comitting series of murders... and 1000 septim fine few days in prison is all you have to worry about. It's OK maybe for peaceful Cyrodil but not province torned by civil war and Dragon invasion. here any undocumted stranger shpoud end up on scaffold unless he's sneaky enough to escpae from custody, strong enough to brake free or influential/rich enough to bribe himself out of trouble/being pulled out of Jail by influential friends. But it's Beth game after all so I don't have high expectations... So bros where are some nice looking Imerial/breton/nord hoes to marry? :smug:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Commissar Draco said:
But it's Beth game after all so I don't have high expectations... So bros where are some nice looking Imerial/breton/nord hoes to marry? :smug:
* Aela the Huntress - Nord, Companion, Jorrvaskr, Whiterun.
o ​Requirement: Completion of The Companion's story arc with Glory of the Dead.

* Aeri - Nord, Lumberjack, Anga's Mill, The Pale.
o Requirement: Work for her by chopping firewood.

* Anwen - Redguard, Priestess, Temple of Dibella, Markarth.
o Requirement: Complete Temple Quest: The Heart of Dibella

* Avrusa Sarethi - Dark Elf, Farmer, Sarethi Farm, The Rift.

* Borghak the Steel Heart - Orc, Warrior, Mor Khazgur, The Reach.
o Requirement: Pay her dowry or convince her to leave her home.

* Brelyna Maryon - Dark Elf, Student, College of Winterhold, Winterhold.

* Camilla Valerius - Imperial, Merchant, Riverwood Trader, Riverwood.
o Requirement: Completion of The Golden Claw.

* Dravynea the Stoneweaver - Dark Elf, Mage, Kyne's Grove, Eastmarch.

* Ghorza gra-Bagol - Orc, Blacksmith, Blacksmith Shed, Markarth.

* Gilfre - Imperial, Miller, Mixwater Mill, Eastmarch.

* Grelka - Nord, Merchant, open market, Riften.

* Iona - Nord, Housecarl, Honeyside, Riften.
o Requirement: Become Thane of The Rift.

* Jenassa - Dark Elf, Hireling, Drunken Huntsman, Whiterun.
o Requirement: Hire her.

* Jordis the Sword-Maiden - Nord, Housecarl, Proudspire Manor , Solitude.
o Requirement: Become Thane of Solitude.

* Lydia - Nord, Housecarl, Dragonsreach or Breezehome, Whiterun.
o Requirement: Completion of the main quest Dragon Rising and becoming Thane of Whiterun.

* Mjoll the Lioness - Nord, Adventurer, Riften.
o Requirement: Retrieve her sword, Grimsever, from the dwemer ruins of Mzinchaleft.

* Muiri - Breton, Alchemist, The Hag’s Cure, Markarth.
o Requirement: Completion of Mourning Never Comes.

* Njada Stone-Arm - Nord, Companion, Jorrvaskr, Whiterun.
o Requirement: Completion of The Companion's story arc with Glory of the Dead.

* Orla - Nord, Priestess, Temple of Dibella , Markarth.
o Requirement: Complete Temple Quest: The Heart of Dibella.

* Ria - Imperial, Companion, Jorrvaskr, Whiterun.

* Senna - Imperial, Priestess, Temple of Dibella , Markarth.
o Requirement: Completion of The Heart of Dibella.

* Shahvee - Argonian, Dockworker, Argonian Assemblage, Windhelm.

* Sylgja - Nord, Miner, Shor’s Stone, The Rift.
o Requirement: Deliver her satchel to her father in Darkwater Crossing, then return his satchel to her.

* Taarie - High Elf, Tailor, Radiant Raiments, Solitude.

* Temba Wide-Arm - Nord, Miller, Ivarstead, The Rift.

* Uthgerd the Unbroken - Nord, found in her house, in Whiterun.
o Requirement: Best her in a brawl battle.

* Viola Giordano - Imperial, Busybody, Candlehearth Hall, Windhelm.
o Requirement: Start Revyn Sadri 's favor, but then rat him out to Viola.

* Ysolda - Nord, Citizen, open market, Whiterun.
o Requirement: Give her a Mammoth Tusk.

* Lami - Nord, alchemist in Morthal.
o Requirement: Quest Song of the Alchemist.

* Adrianne Avenicci - Blacksmith, Whiterun (if you use the console cheat).

Gord

Arcane
Commissar Draco said:
Optional side quest? It's showed down your throat from the very begining.... :retarded: Yup it's not FNV.

It's part of the whole setting, so it makes perfect sense that you notice it. Would be pretty stupid if you wouldn't see anything about the whole rebellion subplot until you approach one of the faction leaders: "Oh hi, nice to meet you. By the way, there's a civil war going on, please help."
It's not as if you have to choose which side to follow at this point in the game...

I do agree though that some FONV-like faction mechanics would be cool.

Commissar Draco said:
Being almost beheaded in the begining of the game doesn't implore you the ugent need to check out your legal status and hook up with faction who'll shield you from future troubles with local law enforcement...

They did pick you up just shortly before the game starts while trying to (illegally) cross the border, you aren't even in their books. So why should they persecute you?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Funny how you can marry that bitch from the Companions that complains the entire time about you being accepted.

laclongquan

Arcane
abnaxus said:
Commissar Draco said:
But it's Beth game after all so I don't have high expectations... So bros where are some nice looking Imerial/breton/nord hoes to marry? :smug:
* Aela the Huntress - Nord, Companion, Jorrvaskr, Whiterun.
o ​Requirement: Completion of The Companion's story arc with Glory of the Dead.

* Aeri - Nord, Lumberjack, Anga's Mill, The Pale.
o Requirement: Work for her by chopping firewood.

* Anwen - Redguard, Priestess, Temple of Dibella, Markarth.
o Requirement: Complete Temple Quest: The Heart of Dibella

* Avrusa Sarethi - Dark Elf, Farmer, Sarethi Farm, The Rift.

* Brelyna Maryon - Dark Elf, Student, College of Winterhold, Winterhold.

* Camilla Valerius - Imperial, Merchant, Riverwood Trader, Riverwood.
o Requirement: Completion of The Golden Claw.

* Dravynea the Stoneweaver - Dark Elf, Mage, Kyne's Grove, Eastmarch.

* Ghorza gra-Bagol - Orc, Blacksmith, Blacksmith Shed, Markarth.

* Gilfre - Imperial, Miller, Mixwater Mill, Eastmarch.

* Grelka - Nord, Merchant, open market, Riften.

* Iona - Nord, Housecarl, Honeyside, Riften.
o Requirement: Become Thane of The Rift.

* Jordis the Sword-Maiden - Nord, Housecarl, Proudspire Manor , Solitude.
o Requirement: Become Thane of Solitude.

* Lydia - Nord, Housecarl, Dragonsreach or Breezehome, Whiterun.
o Requirement: Completion of the main quest Dragon Rising and becoming Thane of Whiterun.

* Mjoll the Lioness - Nord, Adventurer, Riften.
o Requirement: Retrieve her sword, Grimsever, from the dwemer ruins of Mzinchaleft.

* Muiri - Breton, Alchemist, The Hag’s Cure, Markarth.
o Requirement: Completion of Mourning Never Comes.

* Njada Stone-Arm - Nord, Companion, Jorrvaskr, Whiterun.

* Orla - Nord, Priestess, Temple of Dibella , Markarth.
o Requirement: Complete Temple Quest: The Heart of Dibella.

* Ria - Imperial, Companion, Jorrvaskr, Whiterun.

* Senna - Imperial, Priestess, Temple of Dibella , Markarth.
o Requirement: Completion of The Heart of Dibella.

* Shahvee - Argonian, Dockworker, Argonian Assemblage, Windhelm.

* Sylgja - Nord, Miner, Shor’s Stone, The Rift.
o Requirement: Deliver her satchel to her father in Darkwater Crossing, then return his satchel to her.

* Taarie - High Elf, Tailor, Radiant Raiments, Solitude.

* Temba Wide-Arm - Nord, Miller, Ivarstead, The Rift.

* Viola Giordano - Imperial, Busybody, Candlehearth Hall, Windhelm.
o Requirement: Start Revyn Sadri 's favor, but then rat him out to Viola.

* Ysolda - Nord, Citizen, open market, Whiterun.
o Requirement: Give her a Mammoth Tusk.

* Lami - Nord, alchemist in Morthal.
o Requirement: Quest Song of the Alchemist.

* Adrianne Avenicci - Blacksmith, Whiterun (if you use the console cheat).

Words and stats, mang, words and stats.

Does Skyrim has an encyclopedia entry with a nice T&A picture for each one like The Witcher? No? Lame!
:smug:

Heresiarch

Prophet
Aela is hot. Her armor is not a chain bikini but its design is so sexy, with just enough revealing. And thanks to her nature, I bet she's a wild beast on the bed.

And the brothers of the Companions are so cute, funny and manlish too. I bet character will have the most wonderful time in her life if they can have a threesome with her.

But oh Lydia, she saved my ass so many times and she's loyal and what not. She followed me through anywhere and she's never annoying, whining, nor complaining. She's the perfect type to live together and forever.

I play as a Nord blonde mage chick btw.

The Wizard

Educated

Heresiarch said:
Yeah I know that. He's more or less rogue now. But it was after reading the dossier made me really realize how many problems the guy and his faction has, and what will happen to Skyrim in the long run if he wins. Besides, after a more thorough observation on both factions made me really like the Empire more.
talos worship will continue and thrive for one thing.

that's kinda important for the continued existence of mankind. and no matter how much of a powerhungry asshole he is, at least he understands the underlying problems of the conflict, unlike tullius who at most shows a dislike, at worst is almost indifferent. which shows when you try to forge a truce to fight the dragons, also known as the biggest threat to shit ever.

the new (mede) empire completely disregards prophecy and the mythic, in a world were you can become a god by just acting like one that's kind of shortsighted to the point of mental retardation.

abnaxus said:

Skyrim women seem pretty easy bunch. :lol:

Edwin

Scholar
You dont need to restart the entire game :lol:

Its total nvm who you followed in the tutorial.You can change side before you turn in the broken crown(that is your last chance,it was the 2. quest of the legion as I remember).

Edwin

Scholar

The Wizard said:
Heresiarch said:
talos worship will continue and thrive for one thing.

that's kinda important for the continued existence of mankind. and no matter how much of a powerhungry asshole he is, at least he understands the underlying problems of the conflict, unlike tullius who at most shows a dislike, at worst is almost indifferent. which shows when you try to forge a truce to fight the dragons, also known as the biggest threat to shit ever.

the new (mede) empire completely disregards prophecy and the mythic, in a world were you can become a god by just acting like one that's kind of shortsighted to the point of mental retardation.

Talos was a Septim(Tiber Septim).As long as the Septims ruled the Talos faith was important because the Septim emperors had a little divine blood in their veins so nobody questioned their right to rule the empire,this helped to keep the empire from falling apart.With the death of the Septim line I cant see the importance of Talos anymore(as citizen of the empire).Yup,he was a human...but I am an orc so who gives a shit anyway.As I see it the Aldmeri Dominion is a big threat and the empire is not what it used to be.If the empire cant stop/defeat the Aldmeri Dominion nobody can,and the elves wont stop after beating the empire because they loathe all humans not just the imperials,a small shit like Skyrim wont stand a chance(with or without Talos nvm) and the empire wont stand a chance without Skyrim...at least General Tullius is not a puppet of the Aldmeri Dominion.

The Talos worship wont die out in the empire(because Talos was a human and you know that banning religions never works,history proves it) and it can be restored after a victory on the battlefield.What matters is that the empire should be as strong as possible and prepare for war against dominion,because the war is coming just matter of time,maybe not in the soon future(because the elves live long and they have the luxury to plan in centuries not in decades like humans) but it is inevitable

"the Thalmor invaded Hammerfell and Cyrodiil after Titus Mede II rejected their Ultimatum. Aldmeri forces would push deep into both provinces, taking many cities, including the Imperial City. The Thalmor then faced their greatest defeat, which became known as the Battle of the Red Ring. Despite this, due mainly to the exhaustion of the Imperial Legions, The Great War ended with the White-Gold Concordat, which resulted in Talos worship being outlawed in the Empire, and a portion of Southern Hammerfell becoming part of the Dominion. However, Hammerfell rejected the treaty and left the Empire, continuing to fight the Thalmor until 4E 180, when the Second Treaty of Stros M'kai was signed by both sides, resulting in the Aldmeri forces pulling out of Hammerfell"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom