Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Knights of the Chalice 2 on hold

Mortmal

Arcane
zeitgeist said:
Mortmal said:
Cant blame him to work on a rts to pay the bills, are the people who torrented kotc still so smug now ? I dont see many titles to look forward on the pc this year or the next few years.
Theres need of good rts too, fan of rts are are starved as rpg fans.
How on earth would he be able to make a decent RTS on his budget/lack of employees/etc? And why would such a game sell better? Unless we're talking about an iPhone tower defense "RTS" of course.
Rts are a much bigger niche than turn based rpg, in most people mind pc gaming is best at rts, thats an area the console doesnt compete at all and its more mainstream than rpgs . No idea what this project will be, should ask him on his forum. Wouldnt be too surprised he goes the iphone road too.

Oh and murrow list is correct , ill consider dead state relevant when i see at least an alpha gameplay movie .
Grimoire on the other hand still seems promising :http://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/ is still updated.

Angelo85 said:
Excuse me Mr Murrow but I believe your list contains an error. You seem to have crossed out Dead State by accident.

Dead State sounds great, and I'd love to have faith in them, but when I see announcements like this, I start to see the writing on the wall. The project is going to have problems which will cause it to slow down more, and soon enough, Brian's going to want some cash-money....and in-depth, indie RPGs aren't the biggest moneymakers. He'll be making a card game, RTS, or zombie FarmVille.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Mortmal said:
Grimoire on the other hand still seems promising :http://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/ is still updated.

10 000 hits in a day? Judging the number of comments / subscribers he doesn't know how to read web traffic reports.

Thanks for the reminder though. I became his 9th subscriber. :smug:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You have a funny way of making games, Pierre.

Jaesun said:
Seems weird though, after the success of KotC you then work on a ......RTS.

Profit?
I recall he said the money he made from KotC wasn't enough to quit his other part-time job and become a fulltime game developer.

tindrli

Arcane
Mortmal said:
Cant blame him to work on a rts to pay the bills, are the people who torrented kotc still so smug now ? I dont see many titles to look forward on the pc this year or the next few years.
Theres need of good rts too, fan of rts are are starved as rpg fans.

shit... even i bought this GAME!! and, not that im proud but, since i live in the ass of the world i bought 3 games in my life + this one... sad damnit. will try to save something next month and buy the damn thing again!!!

... just..crap...having it in status quo for a motherfuckin retarded RTS.... truly distasteful year for RPG :(

A clicky. It's not like we have enough of those. So what's his RTS going to do that's better than every other competitor? At least KotC is something we don't get everyday and don't have in abudance (yeah we have the GB games but what KotC has on them is superb UI).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Until the dumbfucks are introduced to turn-based combat again in the far far future by a enterprising marketing team, there is nothing to be done.

mondblut

Arcane
oneself said:
KoTC2 just hopped on the vaporware train.

Aye. Grimoire aside, KOTC2 was about the only game in development I was looking forward to. Time to dig into the back catalogue again. :(

Mortmal said:
are the people who torrented kotc still so smug now ?

As opposed to what, people who bought KOTC and ended up funding a shitty rts?

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
SCO said:
Until the dumbfucks are introduced to turn-based combat again in the far far future by a enterprising marketing team, there is nothing to be done.
You mean like with Xenonauts?

MCA
Edward_R_Murrow said:
This sucks. KOTC2 was pretty much one of the only RPGs worth looking forward to.

Cyclopean
Knights of the Chalice 2
Fan Made Fallout
Afterfall RPG
The Broken Hourglass
Scars of War
Planescape: Purgatorio
The Black Hound
Dead State
Age of Decadence
Grimoire: ALWAYS BET ON CLEVE!

Edit: Added some more. Jeez...I forgot how many RPG projects crash and burn.

You forgot Alpha Protocol ie. the early iteration with a good premise.

MCA
I think he means guys like EA, Bethesda etc. with the power to enforce a perceived truth through marketing. Something like "Back in the day, TB games were too cumbersome and not majestic enough due to technical limitations, but now..."

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Mortmal said:
Cant blame him to work on a rts to pay the bills, are the people who torrented kotc still so smug now ?
I haven't torrented KotC but I haven't bought it because it's too expensive. Can I feel smug too?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
SCO said:

There's always Grotesque Tactics...:troll: Shit made enough for a sequel even with all its two options in combat.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Roguey said:
You have a funny way of making games, Pierre.

:lol:

Roguey said:
Jaesun said:
Seems weird though, after the success of KotC you then work on a ......RTS.

Profit?
I recall he said the money he made from KotC wasn't enough to quit his other part-time job and become a fulltime game developer.

Yup, KOTC did not earn him a living.

I for one believe in this man's ability. Come on guys, let's give him the benefit of doubt, KOTC was very strong on tactics/combat after all, it's not strange for him to focus on a strategy game. I think it just reflects his interests.

Don't forget all of this is just the spare-time hobby of one man.

Mortmal

Arcane
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Mortmal said:
Cant blame him to work on a rts to pay the bills, are the people who torrented kotc still so smug now ?
I haven't torrented KotC but I haven't bought it because it's too expensive. Can I feel smug too?

No, get back being depressed, and even more for you since you your life is a complete failure as you cant afford to spend such a small amount of money, no offense meant.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
MuscleSpark said:
SCO said:
You mean like with Xenonauts?
Vapourware bro.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Mortmal said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be a big success.

.Sigurd said:
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Dead State
Dead State crashed? :?

Both Annie and Brian can script, so they could complete the game themselves. The only thing that could stop them is the art and they didn't ask for artists.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom