Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline of the Codex: Skyrim has Oblivion's level scaling

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Black Cat said:
@ Shannow

Not taking any sides here but the burden of proof is on Skyway, not on those who believe him to be full of shit.

Especially since Skyway has earned himself a very strong boy who cries wolf reputation when it comes to his complaints for games.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Black Cat said:
@ Shannow

Not taking any sides here but the burden of proof is on Skyway, not on those who believe him to be full of shit.
Yep, after reading the other thread... Skyway, I am disappoint.
Didn't try to defend or prove anything, and there were at least some posts that suggested that the level scaling was just the way Beth had said it would be (not that I'd condone that either...).

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Here is what I don't get.

The topic is primarily about whether level scaling persists to a point that you can beat the main quest more easily at a lower level. It is allegedly not noticeable, because harder creatures exist outside of main quest, in spawn points across the world. Fine, so far so good. That's another debate.

The part that I don't get is the original poster saying that such and such dawned on him while he was reading a review for the game elsewhere. Excuse me? Why was the original poster not capable of noticing it himself immediately while playing the game? What's with this talk of another person's assistance required to notice a game's feature? Especially when he played the game himself. I just don't get it. If he was so invested in checking this feature and making a topic about it, I imagine he would have checked or seen it himself before coming to us.

I know, pointless digression, but it just made no sense to me. "Somebody told me something, and now I understand why this game is so bad"? He didn't say it like that in so many words, but in effect, it's no different.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
You clearly don't know what a parody is. Maybe you should do some research.

BRO YOU ARE CLEARLY NOT UNDERSTANDING COMMON EXPRESSIONS IN THE ENGLISH LANGAUGE LOLOLLOLOLOL

BRO I WILL GIVE YOU ENGLISH LESSONS YOUR GRAMMER AND SPELLING MAY GET WORSE BUT YOU WILL ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO AND I KNEWN SKYWYA WAS TOO POPAMOLE NOT TO PLAY SKYRIM

BROS LOLLOLOLOLOOLOL IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THE ROLE OF DISCRIMINATING GAMER DONT PLAY EVERY PEACE OF SHIT GAME THAT COMES OUT LOLLOLOLLLOL AT PCTARDS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom