Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai

Erzherzog

Magister
Ed123 said:
Oh I get it, no replies until I feed you everything on a plate? Ungrateful wretches!

What am I on your ignore list or something? Plenty of strategy game news topics go unposted in.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
The scale of this expansion is significantly larger than anything we’ve produced so far for Shogun 2.
So in other words it's a standard expansion? Bullshit hype, I slap my dick in your face.

Anyway, it actually sounds cool though. Those features sound nice, especially the bit about the linkage between land and sea battles. Boner inducing. Too bad we can't play as the European powers, but at least their presence will spice things up. I'm wondering what the traditionalists will have to counter that gatling gun though.

Anyway I'll be buying the Gold edition whenever it comes out. I can wait. It's not like I don't have a shitload of other games to play or anything.

Btw where's Tom Cruise?

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I actually like this part of the history the day the sword gave way for the gun.

The only thing i worry about is that this might turn into a Empires type thing and that would suck, but if they manage to keep melee cheap and relevant enough then i am on board.

bonescraper

:rage: :yeah: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sounds and looks fucking awesome. No wonder it's the game of the year for me :smug: Can't fucking wait.

Ed123 said:
shitty setting
NO_U.jpg

anus_pounder

Arcane
If we get to throw away our swords and adopt firearms while playing as the traditionalists, thats even more :incline:.

I would kill for a (moddable) Rome 2, though.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The decline is that instead of making an expansion for the core game and bringing the improvements they make to the engine and so on to that game this is once again a stand-alone. It's Napoleon for Empire all over again. Remember how expansions like BI, VI and Kingdoms actually made the core game even better? Well, those days are gone. Fuck you, CA. Fuck you.

deuxhero

Arcane
CrimsonAngel said:
I actually like this part of the history the day the sword gave way for the gun.

I agree. The Meiji period is fantastic material for a video games, sadly I can count on one hand the number I know of.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Trash said:
The decline is that instead of making an expansion for the core game and bringing the improvements they make to the engine and so on to that game this is once again a stand-alone. It's Napoleon for Empire all over again. Remember how expansions like BI, VI and Kingdoms actually made the core game even better? Well, those days are gone. Fuck you, CA. Fuck you.
Shit, I didn't realize that. Now I understand the term "standalone expansion." Yeah, you're right, fuck them. I take back what I said earlier. And they haven't released mod tools for Shogun 2 just like with Empire, right? This all may be a torrent after all.

Renegen

Arcane
Amazing to think what CA is doing to the mod scene, as I witnessed how Third Age brought many people to buy Medieval II.

Fall of the Samurai is original so it's quite good news. Then again it's stand alone and has the above problems. This DLC era feels so strange.

Satan

Educated
Multi-headed Cow said:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/201272/

What the. I'm not sure if this is the greatest thing ever to happen to Total War, completely ridiculous, or both. I'll probably have to grab it when they do a sale on Shogun 2 DLC though.

what the fuck :lol:

Shannow

Waster of Time
Multi-headed Cow said:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/201272/

What the. I'm not sure if this is the greatest thing ever to happen to Total War, completely ridiculous, or both. I'll probably have to grab it when they do a sale on Shogun 2 DLC though.
So what is it? Steam doesn't want to sell stuff to Germans and won't even show me the content. Can't say I blame them.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Ed123 said:
It's a "blood pack" that adds cartoonish particle effects and dismemberment to Shogun 2 for £1.
K, that explains why they're not allowed to even show what the product is about if the browser comes from a German ip.
Have I ever mentioned how I hate DLCs and how they are one of the reasons asshole devs like to take out modding capabilities out of their games? If not I should harp about it a lot more...
And I used to like TW and CA... :(

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Steve said:
Ed123 said:
It's a "blood pack" that adds cartoonish particle effects and dismemberment to Shogun 2 for £1.

Dont forget the blood-spatter on screen effect!

http://www.totalwar.com/shogun2/fall-of-the-samurai
Including modern ranged units - such as the Gatling gun and Armstrong gun - controllable in a new first-person mode.

Might be cool.

Actually, no. All other things about this sound cool (except for the fact it's standalone and therefore won't affect the vanilly game), but this sounds like a stupid gimmick that has no place whatsoever in a strategy game, let alone a Total War game where units gain experience in combat which increases, among other things, their accuracy.

Giving the player first person control about such a unit is pure :decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom