Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Battle of Solitude, 4E 201. The Battle of Solitude occurs if the Stormcloaks have liberated the Holds under Imperial control. Ulfric Stormcloak personally leads the assault on the last bastion of Imperial power in Skyrim, fighting with his men to the doors of Castle Dour. Ulfric and Galmar Stone-Fist fight and kill General Tullius and Legate Rikke, putting an end to the Empire's efforts to retain Skyrim. Stormcloak troops are left in Solitude to ensure the cooperation of Jarl Elisif the Fair. Skyrim becomes an independent country with Ulfric Stormcloak as its High-King, and the ban on Talos worship is lifted.

Since Bethshoft never gave victory to anti Imperial side of conflicts in previus TES games (I didn't played Redguad though) The former version is more likely to be canon. Storm cloaks kicking Thalmor ass is ridiculus... 40-50% of Nords of Skyrim (with all non Nords send to Madagascar) vs Entire World.... Of course this is nothing for Nordic ubermenshen... just look how Stormclock controled Holds looks like. :lol:

Black

Arcane
Ed123 said:
Haha, you tricked me into watching the entire thing in the hopes of finding some :incline: Oh Black you little scamp, you.
Compared to our pussified "good for what it is!" morons, even she is an incline. Get rid of twinfails and get her, at least she ain't flat.

Turjan

Arcane
Commissar Draco said:
Since Bethshoft never gave victory to anti Imperial side of conflicts in previus TES games (I didn't played Redguad though) The former version is more likely to be canon.
Well, you seem to guess the exception: In Redguard, the Imperials lost.

The Wizard

Educated
Commissar Draco said:
Since Bethshoft never gave victory to anti Imperial side of conflicts in previus TES games (I didn't played Redguad though) The former version is more likely to be canon.
redguard ended with the rebellion winning. though hammerfell later signed a alliance treaty or something
Storm cloaks kicking Thalmor ass is ridiculus... 40-50% of Nords of Skyrim (with all non Nords send to Madagascar) vs Entire World.... Of course this is nothing for Nordic ubermenshen... just look how Stormclock controled Holds looks like.
first: if ulfric and his stormcloaks were so hardcore racist he would not allow elves to live in his city, much less operate shops or FIGHT IN HIS ARMY. he has an altmer captain, for example.
second: the thalmor are a minor faction even among the aldmeri dominion. they have only one "true" ally in the khajit, and a bunch of vassals that most likely hate their guts. skyrim also has an ally in hammerfell, and most likely the empire itself should the new emperor be less of a moron.

Drakron

Arcane
Forgot to address this.

The Wizard said:
problem is, the peace treaty was far more beneficial to the thalmor (who have barely any fighting men and rely heavily on ambushes and political maneuvering according to the rising threat.).

The treaty was the same as the original demand.

remember also that the peace treaty did not only cost the empire a god, but also an elite unit of warriors/spies/dragonslayers(how convenient).

I think you are making a error.

The Blades primary mission since Tiber Septim until the Warp in the West was recovering the pieces of the Numidium, I can point out their failure with Jagar Tharn and the whole Simulacrum.

Besides you can disband something without really disbanding something, you just extinguish the agency and create a new one with the exact same staff and the exact same purpose with a different name.

the empire also seems to hold the believe that this is just another war, not a fight against omnicidal mystics that want to blow up everything.

Because the Thalmor does not advertise themselves as that?

I would say the Empire holds no illusions over the Thalmor but you are asking for the Empire to do what Tiber Septim could not in a better situation without using a Deus ex Machina.

Fact is the Empire is not in a position to press forward but neither are the Thalmor.

that it was signed at all was the zenith of mede retardation, because what would the thalmor have done if it wasn't signed? fight until the last man, risk losing and destroy centuries of planning? and what if they had won against the empire?

To start the Thalmor made the mistake of pressing onward and end the war by capturing the Imperial City as the Cyrodiil invasion was initially a diversion from their main objective of Hammerfell, it was the continued successes that made then try to win the war by capturing the Imperial City and the Emperor.

You ask what could they done? The situation on Hammefell was far from over and the fact was the Empire had thrown everything they had in retaking the Imperial City, the Aldmeri Dominion still had their Hammefell forces.

The Thalmor even attempted peace when they captured the Imperial City so what do you think their terms would be? It was a situation were neither side was in a position to make any real demands and as you can say Titus Mede II was weak but the Imperial Army was simply in no shape to fight.

there were still skyrim and hammerfell, the latter of which kicked out the thalmor ON ITS OWN,

Hammerfell kicking then out was not on "their own", the Imperial Army fought the Aldmeri forces during the initial invasion until they were ordered to return to Cyrodiil and also the destruction of the Aldmeri forces in Cyrodiil meant those would not be used in Hammerfell.

and the first was founded by 500 dudes eliminating an entire elven civilization.

Yes, I would like to thank then for the Falmer ... you know, the annoying blind underground elves.

yeah, i bet they would have loved making open war with those guys. especially since the leader already was known to be of similar genocidal stock that they themselves are.
( in the dossier: see how they piss their pants at the prospect of a stormcloak victory)

And once again I throw back my Tiber Septim comment.

Of course for the Thalmor its best the situation maintains because it chips away the Empire strength by forcing them to commit troops to Skyrim and also denying them from full use of Skyrim resources.

Lets assume Skyrim becomes independent, to start the Imperial Legions will no longer suffer from losses due to Stromcloaks and will pull back to Cyrodiil (and High Rock), if the Aldmeri Dominion attempts the rather foolish invasion of Skyrim (check a map, they would have to pass by either High Rock that is Imperial Held or by Black Marsh, Morrowind/Vvardenfell that is even more problematic) if the chips would be down they would ask the Empire for assistance and it would be granted, similar if they attempt another invasion of Cyrodiil chances are Ulfric would offer help because of what happened in the Imperial City during the Great War.

A victory of either side is also a situation were they lose.

the introduction of justicars as an answer to ulfrics demand of open talos worship was actually a gain for humanity.

Except the reason they are allowed to operate is because it was rubbed on their faces the treaty was being open violated.

how many generations until it would have died if it was only practiced under the table and talos be utterly forgotten? 4-5?

I think I had this conversation before and once again ...

In Daggerfall there were the Eight Divines, Talos was not active worshiped in the Iliac Bay (High Rock and Hammerfell) as in even Oblivion Talos had no dedicated Temple in Cyrodiil.

In Morrowind he was not even part of the Imperial Cult, there was a Talos cult but they separated from the Imperial Cult (with good reason, they were a little crazy).

This is not the first time I see harping Talos as having widespread worship when even in Skyrim he have the grand total of TWO temples.

Also Kakure Kirishitan.

the thalmor could have just sat back and let it slowly die out, but instead they sent out SS troopers and build concentration camps, upsetting enough people to start an open rebellion.

And here is were you are wrong. you see the Thalmor could not do much as long the Empire was holding the Treaty, with the Stormcloak rebellion they pushed for the Justicars to go to Skyrim and uphold the Treaty as the Empire clearly could not.

The rebellion did not come from the Thalmor Justicar hunts, the Thalmor Justicar hunts come from the rebellion allowing the Thalmor to argue the Empire being unable to uphold the Treaty.

but instead of channeling all that hatred (and extra manpower) towards the thalmor, what does the empire do? bare it's ass and let itself get fucked.

Because currently there is no open war with the Aldmeri Dominion and the Empire have yet to regain the strength to fight then, I would say the Thalmor are in the same situation so a open war would be a never ending border skirmishes as neither side would ever get enough strength to push,about the same exact situation Tiber Septim and the Aldmeri Dominion were in.

Also the bigger issue is that Titus Mede II signed a treaty, if Ulfric Stormcloak very much forces him to renegade on the treaty it makes his authority weak and put the Imperial Throne in danger.

So like it or not, the Empire signed that treaty and the only thing Ulfric Stormcloak does is for Ulfric Stormcloak sake, he is using the hate towards the Thalmor and the reverence of Talos in order to gain the Skyrim throne.

racofer

Thread Incliner
abnaxus said:
Commissar Draco said:
Redeye said:

And this how proper Roman looks like according to Kwans:

2492-3-1322919592.jpg

Fake blond, fake tan, and dressed in clean, shiny, disneyland coloured plastic armour. :yeah:
Looks like some ugly bitch out of Dragon Age. :retarded:

Dragon Age looks much better than that.

The Wizard

Educated
Drakron said:
I think you are making a error.

The Blades primary mission since Tiber Septim until the Warp in the West was recovering the pieces of the Numidium, I can point out their failure with Jagar Tharn and the whole Simulacrum.

Besides you can disband something without really disbanding something, you just extinguish the agency and create a new one with the exact same staff and the exact same purpose with a different name.
the thalmor have been given free reign in hunting them down and killing them. so much for exact same staff.
and no, the blades primary goal has always been the protection of dragonborn/emperor and empire since the day they were founded.

Because the Thalmor does not advertise themselves as that?
which is why you need an emperor who is actually more than just a glorified warlord. shit wouldn't have gone this far with ol' uriel still around (even if he was played by patrick stewart and written by monkeys).

Fact is the Empire is not in a position to press forward but neither are the Thalmor.
again, this is why you need someone versed in the way the world works. the numidium did not just fall from the sky and land in his lap. he fought for it. and even before he got his hands on it he as more than just a man.

Yes, I would like to thank then for the Falmer ... you know, the annoying blind underground elves.
that the falmer are now no more than glorified, blind goblins is on the dwemer, if the research thing is to be believed.
though i don't buy a single word of it (well, except of course for the factual parts of falmer using insects and spider things).
it's another dissappointment of skyrim. falmer were previously mysterious and rare to the point of being only a legend. now they're in every third cave.

A victory of either side is also a situation were they lose.
not if the empire continues being idiots that run into battle blind, deaf and faithless. or not at all. i mean, they also could just happily and ignorantly continue with their lives until alduin or another one of auri-els hero aspects shows up and OH WOW.

Except the reason they are allowed to operate is because it was rubbed on their faces the treaty was being open violated.
the reason they are allowed to operate is because, again, the emperor is weak.

I think I had this conversation before and once again ...
In Morrowind he was not even part of the Imperial Cult, there was a Talos cult but they separated from the Imperial Cult (with good reason, they were a little crazy).
the talos cult in morrowind that wants to kill ol' uriel is just one of many. it's like saying christianity is not very widespread because the new apostolic church has not all that many members.

This is not the first time I see harping Talos as having widespread worship when even in Skyrim he have the grand total of TWO temples.
here i blame worldbuilding and remaining bethtardedness. the whole religion aspect is not all that well covered in skyrim considering most sources we had pre-skyrim mentioned most people there still refer to the old gods, but ingame there are just a handfull of mentions of kyne, shor, orkey and others.

but even then, talos has quite a few wayshrines dedicated to him. at least two i know of. now compare that to the other aedra.

And here is were you are wrong.
so THIS is were i am wrong, huh? so the other times i haven't been and you just scribbled something beneath quotes from me because why? sorry if i'm taking the piss right now, but jesus christ i need a small break. i also need to consult a timeline.

so *reserved*

So like it or not, the Empire signed that treaty and the only thing Ulfric Stormcloak does is for Ulfric Stormcloak sake, he is using the hate towards the Thalmor and the reverence of Talos in order to gain the Skyrim throne.

and i say why stop there. why not shoot for white gold? he clearly has a better understanding of the mythic than titus II and there is a good chance he could become more than "just" an emperor. the only thing he's NOT missing is a heart.
bsides, tiber septim (maybe) was a douchebag murderer himself. didn't change the fact that him ruling over tamriel was for the better of pretty much everyone. unless of course you agreed with a bunch of eugenicists.

i obviously skipped a few of your rebuttals. the reason being of course that i would have answered most of them with a picture of a shezzarine shooting lasers out of his chestcavity.

Stinger

Arcane
Harry Partridge. He's pretty funny when he's not fapping off to Skyrim.

Drakron

Arcane
The Wizard said:
the thalmor have been given free reign in hunting them down and killing them. so much for exact same staff.

Nope.
We have a quest were a Thalmor asks for you to find evidence of Talos worship because the Jarl does not care, that shows the Thalmor Justicar dont have as much as free reign as he could not even do a house search without permission of the city guard.

and no, the blades primary goal has always been the protection of dragonborn/emperor and empire since the day they were founded.

To start what I said was what Daggerfall said, there even a edit from Tiber Septim that ALL Dwarven artifacts (everything Dwarven) was the propriety of the Empire (the Numidium was Dwarven made) despite not being that enforced as Dwarven weapons and armors were common available (then again, the Numidium was already assembled).

The origin of the Blades keeps being "retold", back in Arena they were just the Emperor bodyguards, Daggerfall and Morrowind had then as agents of the Emperor and Oblivion did not changed that much, it was only with Skyrim we get the Akaviri Dragonguard as before, they were just a group Tiber Septim created and with the goal of recovering the Numidium after it was shattered.

which is why you need an emperor who is actually more than just a glorified warlord. shit wouldn't have gone this far with ol' uriel still around (even if he was played by patrick stewart and written by monkeys).

We had plenty of Septims ... some good, others bad and the occasional insane one.
And even had non Septims (Empress Katariah)
Also its not as if it was all roses, a lot happened in the 3rd Era like the War of Red Diamond, Camoran Usurper and the Simulacrum.

again, this is why you need someone versed in the way the world works. the numidium did not just fall from the sky and land in his lap. he fought for it. and even before he got his hands on it he as more than just a man.

WOW!
Do you realize it did in fact FALL FROM THE SKY AND LAND ON HIS LAP?

Vivec surrendered and given him the Numidium because the Tribunal had lost their access to the Heart (as Dagoth Ur taken control over the Heart Chamber several years earlier), considering the concessions Tiber Septim did (self-rule, house traditions and religious practices) ... it pretty much fallen in his lap.

that the falmer are now no more than glorified, blind goblins is on the dwemer, if the research thing is to be believed.

though i don't buy a single word of it (well, except of course for the factual parts of falmer using insects and spider things).

Does not change the fact the Nords did not exterminated the Snow Elves, they simply driven then to their brethren, the Dwemer, that in turn attempted to turn then into slaves with the modern Falmer being the result.

it's another dissappointment of skyrim. falmer were previously mysterious and rare to the point of being only a legend. now they're in every third cave.

Why? You rather they be like they were in Solstheim were you got pretty much the Snow Prince and that was it.
Its like the Wild Elves back in Oblivion, they were also not there ... at least they done something with the Snow Elves.

not if the empire continues being idiots that run into battle blind, deaf and faithless. or not at all. i mean, they also could just happily and ignorantly continue with their lives until alduin or another one of auri-els hero aspects shows up and OH WOW.

Faithless?

Do I need to go all over how Talos is not that important for the Imperial Cult?

And considering how they retaken the Imperial City I would say the Legion is just fine, at least if we look at how Titus II managed to fight his way out of Siege were the Aldmeri had thrown everything they could at and then manage to retake the City I would say he did pretty well.

the reason they are allowed to operate is because, again, the emperor is weak.

Of course your option would be a never ending war because neither side could win, how nice of you throwing lives away for freedom ...

the talos cult in morrowind that wants to kill ol' uriel is just one of many. it's like saying christianity is not very widespread because the new apostolic church has not all that many members.

Cherry picking ... OK I think there is no point on argue with you about this but I am going to bring back the FACT that Talos was NOT part of the Imperial Cult in Vvardenfell, it was even SEPARATED from it.

here i blame worldbuilding and remaining bethtardedness. the whole religion aspect is not all that well covered in skyrim considering most sources we had pre-skyrim mentioned most people there still refer to the old gods, but ingame there are just a handfull of mentions of kyne, shor, orkey and others.

What sources?
You mean "Varieties of Faith in the Empire" that was in Morrowind and I quote:

Varieties of Faith in the Empire said:
CYRODIIL: Akatosh, Dibella, Arkay, Zenithar, Mara, Stendarr, Kynareth, Julianos, Shezarr, Tiber Septim, Morihaus, Reman

SKYRIM: Alduin, Dibella, Orkey, Tsun, Mara, Stuhn, Kyne, Jhunal, Shor, Ysmir, Herma-Mora, Maloch

Funny, Talos is not listed on Skyrim ...

but even then, talos has quite a few wayshrines dedicated to him. at least two i know of. now compare that to the other aedra.

I found a few shrines that are not marked, Kynareth have a few and I found a shrine to Zenithar or Stendarr (the pyramid one) in a cave, Talos is easy to spot because of the statue as others are easier to overlook.

and i say why stop there. why not shoot for white gold? he clearly has a better understanding of the mythic than titus II and there is a good chance he could become more than "just" an emperor. the only thing he's NOT missing is a heart.

Ulfric is better at politics and playing people for his own gain and yes, he COULD became Emperor but having a heart?

Try Tullius.

bsides, tiber septim (maybe) was a douchebag murderer himself. didn't change the fact that him ruling over tamriel was for the better of pretty much everyone. unless of course you agreed with a bunch of eugenicists.

Ok, so what IS the line Ulfric is feeding?
Nords for the Nords? I am sure that is not being a nationalist ...

i obviously skipped a few of your rebuttals. the reason being of course that i would have answered most of them with a picture of a shezzarine shooting lasers out of his chestcavity.

Or you have no argument and I am REALLY done.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
For me Thalmor and Stormclock were like two sides of one coin, no reason to back them unless you Larping Altmer/Nord supremacist... especialy since they're lot of Nords and even some High Elves backing the Empire.
To Elf genocide not Thalmor High Elves seems to be prosecutedl, Dunmers have very diferent culture which embrace mundus, Bosmers are Half humans treated as servants/slaves and Orsimers are loyal to Empire, being backbone of Legion and all that. It's like Hitler's derp about all Jews being evil commies. :retarded:

Commissar Draco

Patron
racofer said:
abnaxus said:
Commissar Draco said:
Redeye said:

And this how proper Roman looks like according to Kwans:

:retarded:

Fake blond, fake tan, and dressed in clean, shiny, disneyland coloured plastic armour. :yeah:
Looks like some ugly bitch out of Dragon Age. :retarded:

Being fair it's Kwan mod, Bethsesda Imperials look like this:

OS2kw.jpg

note how worn out but well maintaned this armour looks no rust this time.... also how it's close to Roman realism style sculptures. :incline: of Beth.

Luzur

Good Sir
Drakron said:
Hammerfell kicking then out was not on "their own", the Imperial Army fought the Aldmeri forces during the initial invasion until they were ordered to return to Cyrodiil and also the destruction of the Aldmeri forces in Cyrodiil meant those would not be used in Hammerfell.

also the Imperial Commander in Hammerfell let some couple of thousand "injured" to stay behind and help the Redguard forces fight the Thalmorian army there, fooling the Thalmor Commander that she was still fighting a whole Imperial Legion when she was really fighting veteran volunteers.

The Wizard

Educated
Drakron said:
Does not change the fact the Nords did not exterminated the Snow Elves, they simply driven then to their brethren, the Dwemer, that in turn attempted to turn then into slaves with the modern Falmer being the result.
i said exterminated a civilization. not exterminated an entire race.

there is a difference.

Why? You rather they be like they were in Solstheim were you got pretty much the Snow Prince and that was it.
Its like the Wild Elves back in Oblivion, they were also not there ... at least they done something with the Snow Elves.
something is not always better than nothing.

What sources?
You mean "Varieties of Faith in the Empire" that was in Morrowind and I quote:

[quote"Varieties of Faith in the Empire"]
CYRODIIL: Akatosh, Dibella, Arkay, Zenithar, Mara, Stendarr, Kynareth, Julianos, Shezarr, Tiber Septim, Morihaus, Reman

SKYRIM: Alduin, Dibella, Orkey, Tsun, Mara, Stuhn, Kyne, Jhunal, Shor, Ysmir, Herma-Mora, Maloch

Funny, Talos is not listed on Skyrim ...
except he is listed pretty much twice. ysmir, shor.

Ulfric is better at politics and playing people for his own gain and yes, he COULD became Emperor but having a heart?

Try Tullius.
you realize i wanted to say that ulfric could mantle tiber septim/talos/lorkhan and become a fucking god, right?

Or you have no argument and I am REALLY done.
you don't need arguments if you have heartlasers. ask the ayleids. :M

MCA
kris said:
baronjohn said:
Sure is original

You guys are so late. I called it Edoras weeks ago. That whole valley is LOTR Rohan theme park. Just missing the horses and Grima Wormtongue.

Sheeit, I knew the entire thing felt too familiar. I even thought it looked like a loose rip off of a fortress somewhere in Eastern Europe.

Erzherzog said:
Redeye said:

The 80's were a culturally dead decade.

Just like 50s, 60s, 70s, 90s and 2000s were because neither was short on shit for sure.

What were you saying again?

tennishero

Novice
Multidirectional said:
Our beloved Raychul made a pretty accurate review of Skyrim. At least, compared to other profeshunalz.

butterface

if you were a retarded psychologst who has to have affairs with his secetary because his wife is a money hungry gold digger- you would probably say "cunts who need to wear such low cut tops and makeup are so starved for male attention and so unhappy with their own bodies- they need pathetic male shows of lewd agressive behaviour to make them forget how much they hate themselves"

girl gamerz who are so starved for attention disgrace real gamer girls who are... you know- regular girls who like to game- not need constantly to bring it up for male approval

and stating skyrim is almost additive as heroin is like stating the sky is blue

GOTY by far- probably game of the decade as i dont even see bethesda top what they've done here

i'd say maybe more C&C would be the cherry on top of this cake- but honestly only obsidian can do good C&C (and not much else- as even with a complete engine- all they could add to new vegas was a good story and C&C- the gameplay was somehow worse- and the art design...................ooooh the art design :smug:

MCA
racofer said:

I don't know what your definition of good or better is but Dragon Age has an atrocious art direction to begin with. I couldn't look at any character without cringing at how ridiculous his or her equipment looked.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
Surf Solar said:
gsdgstizih.jpg

Thought this was pretty neat.

Level-scaled.
Yes, it was an Iron Sword when I retrieved it.

It should have been Dwarven, since my 50 Smithing character had already built a full Dwarven suit by then.

The Wizard

Educated
because he took the place of lorkhan(which is the "devil" of the altmeti pantheon), only even more pro human (but mostly without the "KILL ALL ELVES" mentality). he serves as a anchor for the physical world and its laws, which the high elves want to get rid of so they can become immortal again.

the way shrines actually don't really prove anything to people, because they might as well be enchanted or something.

arkay, as far as i know, is actually not present in altmer believe.

Drakron

Arcane
abnaxus said:
Something I don't get about these Thalmor: how can they claim Talos is not a god when any Talos Shrine in Skyrim gives an actual blessing?

Its politics, the Thalmor are elven supremacists and Tiber Septim is a sore reminder that a human became a god.

Not to mention, hasn't Arkay been around for a long time and wasn't he once a mortal (and apparently, the arch enemy of Mannimarco)?

Not quite, Arkay apparently only come to exist after the creation of Mundus, makes sense as he governs the souls and the afterlife, and that is the reason why he is the the King of Worms's archenemy.

Commissar Draco

Patron
villain of the story said:
racofer said:

I don't know what your definition of good or better is but Dragon Age has an atrocious art direction to begin with. I couldn't look at any character without cringing at how ridiculous his or her equipment looked.

Textures are kinada low res but so were they in DA2, but aleast armours and weapons except ebonic/daedric/draconic looks like real armors. Why they had to copy emo Biowhore style for those?

ebony_armor.jpeg

Ebony_Armor.png

The Spikes.... Spikes....

:x

The Wizard

Educated
ebony isn't actually all that bad. except for gauntlets.

now the dragonbone/scale armors and daedric, those are fugly and impractical.

also horned iron/steel helmets. whose idea were those.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom