Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play... the Muriad! (4X Grand Strategy)

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
For example, the fact that the Mobians expanded into the Southlands directly bordering the Jomnii, while also waging war against the Emphythines, significantly detracted from their war effort. This is not accounted for in the die rolls.

I suspected this was the case. Was gambling on the assumption that one of them was going to expand there anyways, and I wanted to oppose that, hopefully catching the Emphythines on two fronts if they tried to expand. Well, no dice there, but I got territory and hopefully gained more than I lost out of the aggression. In any event, the Mobians had put up with border conflicts with the heathens for far too long.

Is the diplomatic situation regarding the payment of silver an ongoing one or a one time thing? If it's ongoing, is the pressure going to remain until there's more aggression or a change in the balance of power, or will it simply fade/end over time?

Destroid

Arcane
kysz4.jpg

Highlighted names are PC cultures. I didn't spot who is playing which culture though.

EDIT: I'm not saying Conan should produce something like this each turn. I agree with others that the icons are better than the region names, it's just not easy to remember which icon goes with which guy, so if we had a key or a small culture name written over their domain it would make it easier. Or you can keep going as you are and I'll make a labelled version when you update if the program can't easily do it, I'm sure this is costing you an awful lot more time than the rest of us so I'd be happy to help out (I can do it in a style you'd prefer).

laclongquan

Arcane
Its strange because the origin of river is pretty close to the sea coast but the river itself flow northward. I am not a stranger to upside down river, as note by the 113 region near the Oxhead, but this kind of meandering river is pretty strange. Oh well. Chalk it up as a strange thing on Muria.

As for the map, without the icon it look lifeless somehow. I mean, what satisfaction do you get if the map doesnt show your flag?

The Barbarian

Liturgist
Its strange because the origin of river is pretty close to the sea coast but the river itself flow northward. I am not a stranger to upside down river, as note by the 113 region near the Oxhead, but this kind of meandering river is pretty strange. Oh well. Chalk it up as a strange thing on Muria.

Ahh, Conan understands now. The river you are referring to originates in 58 (the Kul-Kaltra Mountains) and terminates in 73, where it flows into the sea. It actually flows southwards, but due to the resolution of the map it might look like it does not actually reach the sea.

The river in 113, in turn, originates in 83 (again, the Kul-Kaltra Mountains). The meandering of the rivers, insofar as Conan gave it thought, follows regional topography.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Maybe his culture is in the middle of the desert and put all 7 points into agriculture? I kind of wish I'd done something like that just to see how he have written it up. :lol:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I hope you created a culture with nothing more than 7 points in theoretical thought, brother root. And made them a bunch of unmotivated philosophers lounging off the coastline doing nothing but eat, sleep, fuck and ponder upon the mysteries of the universe.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
you could do the wikipedia thing to make showing what happened easier. For every event, war,expansion, etc just reference it with a number in the text [1] and then correspond with a number on the map. :M

kinda popamole, but it would make it alot easier to tell whats goin on where

Johnny the Mule

Educated
The Barbarian said:
common sense
Well, my common sense told me to whine when I saw that the stats go seemingly linear into a single d10 roll for each conflict order. It might well be that the odds are 70,20,10 as Destroid said but those are for 100/many rolls. My common sense again told me that a 50 year turn could easily eradicate my culture even if I had a +3 advantage, or cripple it beyond recovery. But now that I know that the rolls mean less than implied, I can sleep tight.

Destroid got the map right. Province names are less important. Player names and cultures on the other hand make orientation easier when reading the chronicles.

The Barbarian

Liturgist
Destroid got the map right. Province names are less important. Player names and cultures on the other hand make orientation easier when reading the chronicles.

The next map will include this information in some form.

My common sense again told me that a 50 year turn could easily eradicate my culture

This is still the case. Conan will abide by his understanding of the human experience - which includes many examples of states being destroyed in fairly short order. But he would never do so arbitrarily on the basis of a single die-roll. It needs to make sense.

oscar

Arcane
Barbarian, any chance of a reply to my email? Sorry for hassling you but just this is far too awesome for me to pass up.

The Barbarian

Liturgist
'Welcome aboard' in the 'your reserve culture has been accepted' sense, friend root - if an NPC was to become active, Conan believes Ulminati is first on the list, but he would have to check.

Destroid

Arcane
So who is playing which faction?

DamnedRegistrations
JagreenLern
Azira
anus_pounder
Johnny the Mule
treave

Appear to be the players. But we don't know which factions they are playing. Or is it meant to be concealed?

tindrli

Arcane
Destroid said:
tindrli said:
Mr. Destroid? what is the name of the 104???

I do not understand.

i wondered what is the name of the 104 province of this map. and since im confused.. is this a PC game??
something tells me that it isnt.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
He also posted that list on page 5 in this thread. :salute:

I for one has printed a copy of the newest map and written down who controls which culture and such. Just to keep track of who is where.

tindrli

Arcane
Azira said:
He also posted that list on page 5 in this thread. :salute:

I for one has printed a copy of the newest map and written down who controls which culture and such. Just to keep track of who is where.

cant find it on page 5. nevermind.
i wonder if i can join the game?? at least as a thrall or something if everything else is occupied
:love:

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
are the reserve cultures undiscovered or do they form as the game progresses?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom