Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BIOWARE DOES C&C

So EA are just cashing in on Biowares good name and the ME/DA/TOR people are just there to support the development behind the scenes?

At least this will finally put to bed the lie that Bioware doesn't do C&C

r00fles!

As far as I'm concerned, C&C died with Westwood.

Bioware doing C&C might have made me mad if I wasn't certain that nothing will ever be worse than C&C Twilight. If nothing else, I'm pretty sure that Bioware standards of acting and story are above that

Teepo

Scholar
Who cares about acting? Has Bioware ever made an action game?

Mass Effect and we know how exciting that game engine is.

racofer said:
Where are the naysayers now uh? UUHH?!?!

Nice catch. I was just looking at that thread when I stumbled on this one.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
So what's the point of the Generals franchise if it's going to feature made up military hardware? I thought the whole idea behind the spin-off was to have a Command and Conquer game with real or in development technology.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Twinkle said:
Victory Games (Former EA LA). Run by Jon Van Caneghem himself, no less. :lol:
This is the third or so time that I read this news and get shocked by it. Every time I successfully wipe it out from my memory.

WTF JVC? And LB is doing that collector game...

How the mighty have fallen :(

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
It's Fake BIO X City doing it NOT Real BIO Edmonton tm.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So it's Generals 2 after all,does that mean theat there will be no romanceable Kane ? :M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12 ... enerals-2/

Dr Ray said: ““We’re bringing BioWare’s vision for emotionally engaging gameplay and great attention to quality to the strategy genre and the Command & Conquer franchise. I am excited to welcome BioWare Victory to our label. They are a great addition and the team is working hard to make sure Generals 2 truly immerses and engages players into this intense, gritty, modern war experience.”

negativeman.gif

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Darth Roxor said:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/11/biowares-new-game-is-cc-generals-2/

Dr Ray said: ““We’re bringing BioWare’s vision for emotionally engaging gameplay and great attention to quality to the strategy genre and the Command & Conquer franchise. I am excited to welcome BioWare Victory to our label. They are a great addition and the team is working hard to make sure Generals 2 truly immerses and engages players into this intense, gritty, modern war experience.”

negativeman.gif
negativeman.gif
negativeman.gif
negativeman.gif
negativeman.gif
negativeman.gif
negativeman.gif
negativeman.gif
negativeman.gif
negativeman.gif
negativeman.gif
/10

Suicidal

Arcane
Keep your dating sim and popamole shit-stained hands off of my Generals, Bioware!

GreyViper

Prophet
Meh how bad can they screw up since C&C: Generals had minimal story, mostly it was blowing things up. It cant end up worse then RA3 i think. To be honest I mostly enjoyed C&C:ZH with Shockwave mod while playing generals challange, if they put more emphasis on that, then the better. Oh Dr. Thrax has to be one of the memorable characters.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Teepo said:
Who cares about acting? Has Bioware ever made an action game?

Yep, Shattered Steel, MDK2 were 'action' games of sorts. SS being more a mech simulator.

ScottishMartialArts said:
So what's the point of the Generals franchise if it's going to feature made up military hardware? I thought the whole idea behind the spin-off was to have a Command and Conquer game with real or in development technology.

Well they had made up hardware in the first Generals game too. The whole idea was to set it in the modern/near future current world unaffected by time travel or Tiberium.

I actually liked the twist in Zero Hour where it was up to the Chinese to save the world after the US got it's arse kicked.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So basicly the game has nothing to do with the "real" Bioware, it is made by a new studio, and JVC is the exec. producer. Hey, this might be a good game afterall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom