Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind 2011

DraQ

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
M4BE1R0 said:
what's with the :smug:?

That's just how he's feeling at the moment, IRL

fzgQZ.jpg
At least my expressions are consistent.
:smug:

Jza said:
Completely unnecessary, morrowind is fine as it is. I only used some mods for the horrible faces in the vanilla.
Is there any that maintains the look'n'feel?

baronjohn

Cipher
The body and head mods. I believe they all begin with better - Better Bodies, Better heads, Better Eyes, Better Clothes. etc.

The visual pack 3.0 texture replacer is okay too, although I prefer the vanilla textures.

Also, MGE is required for distant lands, AA, AF, range vertex fog, etc

and the Morrowind FPS optimizer, to set the FOV to 90-100.

DraQ

Arcane
I only use Better Bodies, Liztail's New Beast Bodies and MGE as far as visual improvements go, plus minor stuff like a fix for creepy green lighting being baked into the vertices of original ebony pauldrons for some reason and Adul's Chrysamere mesh replacer.

Better Clothes are nicely done, but seem to be made by automaton capable of copying original textures, but not understanding how the clothing looks like and works, so they're out for me, better heads are for most part completely arbitrary, so whenever I'd seen an NPC with this mod installed all I could think of was "Picture Face not related." - needless to say it was fast uninstall.

The Wizard

Educated
westly(?) once worked on a face replacer that "just" made high res versions of the original head meshes and textures.

can't find the released "betas" anymore though.

DraQ

Arcane
The Wizard said:
westly(?) once worked on a face replacer that "just" made high res versions of the original head meshes and textures.

can't find the released "betas" anymore though.
I don't know about replacer, but new heads by him (Westly's Master Headpack) are just plain foul. I only have it installed, because it contains some nice faces for beastfolk (which are just retextures of the old ones) and it doesn't change NPCs in any way.

The Wizard

Educated
no doubt, his "reskin the same head fifty times with minor variation" things are pretty shit.

but his "newer" stuff has shown promise. though it doesn't matter, because the project is apperantly dead.

hal900x

Augur
Oh good, yet another "graphics improvement" consisting of a shitton of existing mods glommed together. Hand-pick through the thousands of existing mods like a real man. Then resolve the arising confilicts one by one until you have a functional game...very satisfying. It's a meta-game in itself!

Morrowind is a good game, as long as you don't expect it to be an RPG. Pretty good LARPing simulator though. And as long as you don't abuse the mechanics like a power-gaming faggot, it can be challenging as well. If you absolutely can't deal with the fact you can abuse the spell system, then yes, mod it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom