Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The last of us , one post apocalyptic game

Mortmal

Arcane
http://www.lastofus.com/

"Abandoned cities reclaimed by nature. A population decimated by a modern plague. Survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on.

Joel, a brutal survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together if they hope to survive their journey across the US."

I am hyped already, who doesnt like post apoc here ? And not only its post apoc but its ps3 only, i hope it turns out to be a very good game so that the non console codexers are immensely butthurt again ;)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I'm a fag for all things post apocalyptical but this looks like yet another cinematic experience™, so...meh.

Also, that dude looks totally hawkesome.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Mortmal said:
http://www.lastofus.com/

"Abandoned cities reclaimed by nature. A population decimated by a modern plague. Survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on.

Joel, a brutal survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together if they hope to survive their journey across the US."

I am hyped already, who doesnt like post apoc here ? And not only its post apoc but its ps3 only, i hope it turns out to be a very good game so that the non console codexers are immensely butthurt again ;)
I'm a console fag, a PS3 fag, a Naughty Dog (the devs) fag, an action adventure fag, so yep, this game is for me.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Wtf ? Is that Drake with a beard ? They could at least try to make him look different. Kinda enjoyed the Uncharted games, but I think I'll pass on this one. Too many other stuff to buy.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Judging from the trailer, it's going to be another zombie game. Could be good if they actually do implement some proper survival mechanisms, but I doubt it somehow. More likely, there's going to be a lot of melee combat to conserve ammo, and stuff like that. Could be good anyway, but could also be fucking awful.

As an aside, if they're trying to mimic The Road, they may as well do it properly and go with an ecological catastrophe instead of zombies. Then they could just have enemies be roaming bands of sociopathic cannibals, which actually made sense in that setting. But I guess that would be too depressing for the console gamers - and you can't show off bloom if the Sun is barely visible behind clouds of dust, and everything is dying.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Lovely, a new console game with engine rendered cutscene after engine rendered cutscene.

Peter

Arcane
Excidium said:
I'm a fag for all things post apocalyptical but this looks like yet another cinematic experience™, so...meh

Pretty much this. Expecting Uncharted: Zombie Edition.

Why anyone still hasn't made a zombie/post-apoc game with proper survival mechanics is beyond me. STALKER probably comes closest, and that's kinda sad.

Baron

Arcane
Dermatologists and ethicists should look into the fact that good guys are disproportionally better looking than bad guys. Guy Pearce realised this fact during the filming of The Road and, refusing to play such a shallow character, gave himself bodgy teeth.

Luzur

Good Sir
again with the running zombies, and what is the explaination of the zombies this time?

i would rather have seen a game where you scrounge for food/ammo and just avoid/engage other survivors, not mutated monsters/zombies/dongs

Cassidy

Arcane
Did you mean post-apocalyptic interactive custcenes collection with QTE minigames between them?

Stakhanov

Augur
Luzur said:
again with the running zombies, and what is the explaination of the zombies this time?

i would rather have seen a game where you scrounge for food/ammo and just avoid/engage other survivors, not mutated monsters/zombies/dongs

The infection is inspired by the cordyceps fungus. I'd link some images but blargh it's fucked up.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I want vampires wars, you have to barricade in the daylight then hunt them at night... wait the other way around for humans. Maybe you can play both species.

Norfleet

The zombie genre works because it neatly covers the explanation of why the player must kill vast legions of mindless foes that possess absolutely no self-preservation instincts, without any uncomfortable explanations of why all these people the player is killing are apparently functionally retarded and why nobody else in the universe, including the character himself, seems to care that he has killed hundreds of people.

someone else said:
I want vampires wars, you have to barricade in the daylight then hunt them at night... wait the other way around for humans. Maybe you can play both species.
It doesn't really work well as a concept since vampires and humans exhibit a distinct predator/prey dynamic in which the vampires still lose if they wipe out all the humans.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Overweight Manatee said:
I'm unable to visit this site because I am not 100 years old or younger.
My age is only 99 years and I still was unable to view. The end of the cinematic shows an absolutely HUGE barren city street... that has been blocked off from the player by a wall of destroyed cars. FOR FUCKS SAKE! DEVELOPERS ARE STILL DOING THAT SHIT? WHY? This is not 1999! Don't block the player off behind invisible or tacky walls.

baronjohn

Cipher
I like the graphics. There's no way they're going to keep that quality up for the whole game though, which means that the rest of the game is going to be sewers/warehouses and abandoned factories.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom