Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Circle of 8 7.0 just came out.

Phelot

Arcane
Was that "War of the Golden Skull" just added? Sounds pretty cool.

I forget which version I have so I'll have to finally try out some of the new stuff.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
My LP!!! Noooooo!! :(

What should I do? Finishing version 6.1.0 feels... wrong now.

Black

Arcane
pipka said:
Do not play TOEE CO8! It has Cloud's sword in! Avoid like hell!

Awww shit dawg, I wanted to say it before one of andhairas does!

Mrowak

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:
Mrowak said:

Looking for excuses? For shame!

:rpgcodex:

I am downloading 7.0.0 I may have to cheat a little bit but I think we will continue with the new version.

I knew you'd be the one to chastise me. :P

Xi

Arcane
Downloaded this yesterday, but didn't realize it was just released. Very cool. ;P

Mrowak

Arcane
desocupado said:
What is the difference between the NC and regular versions?

NC - new content. Lot's of quests, items, skills, feats added to the game.

Regular version is simply a patch that fixes bugs.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Bros, I reinstalled ToEE on Sunday evening with the intention of completing it finally, without knowing about this.

:love:

NewFag

Educated
Cowboy Moment said:
Bros, I reinstalled ToEE on Sunday evening with the intention of completing it finally, without knowing about this.

:love:

Well fuck, I'm still slowly trudging through Dungeon Level 2 with 6.1 (no NC), now what?

Finish up and play with 7.0 NC? :M

Breaking Axe

Educated
Oh god damn it, just as I near finished the latest one. The Hextorite extra content sounds like it could be a challenge as well, my party is curb stomping everything it finds in the temple.

Deitti

Augur
Mrowak said:
Crooked Bee said:
Mrowak said:

Looking for excuses? For shame!

:rpgcodex:

I am downloading 7.0.0 I may have to cheat a little bit but I think we will continue with the new version.

I knew you'd be the one to chastise me. :P

You could always just update it to 7.0.0, then quickly rush to where you last left off and start LPing from there again. :P

this is great news though, im still thinking myself if i should play my last game through before i update or not.

deuxhero

Arcane
Stoped playing my last game after realizing some big build issues (one of my PCs had an EXP penalty, stupid system in the first place, and I realized my Bastard Sword user was NG...)

Party ideas? Tripper(Ranger 1, fighter 1, barb 2, Ranger x)+two wizards (one SoD, one blasting for the bug-bear swarms) worked fairly well, though my Rogue really only opened chests and my Bastard Sword dood didn't really do much (I didn't get the magic sword and most abilities wouldn't work anyways, see up) and my Cleric was mostly enlarge person (Wizard could have done it), instant win against trashmob undead (very nice) and heal bot (pointless after Nulb when wands of Cure Light Wounds are cheep and easy to buy and my tripper can use it).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A stupid joke of the kind inbred forums accumulate.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Fuck. I've just beaten ToEE for the first time with 6.1.0. I had about 50+ crashes in the end and I had to kill final boss without any skull upgrades and without any elemental nodes slain. It's an epic story of me starting the game other and other again and trying to find a way to final level without any crashes inbetween dungeon levels.
And here is 7.0...

:x

I want to shoot myself now.

That's it I'm uninstalling this bucket of Troikas buggish turd and swear to never touch it again. Well maybe until 2025 when Co8 16.1.0 comes out if Skynet would not nuke humanity before that.

Damn I'm so angry. Combat was so good, especially before I found Fragarach and my casters got mnogo-nukes, but why is this game so shit everywhere fucking else. I know I'm speaking too big here, but that's why Bioware is popular, and Troika is no more - because games of the former were worse, but PLAYABLE. I never had any problems with finishing any of Bioware games. That's what I love about Baldur's Gate so much - you install and play, from 1998 and up until now, just put the disc in and play. No restoration packs, no fan made patches needed, no bugs, no conflicts with newer video drivers.

I could really fall in love with ToEE. It kinda grew on me slowly, at first radial interface made me mad, and character sprites were so ugly, and everything else from simple towns to towers were too overscaled, too big, and map sucked, and journal sucked even more.. then I started to put all these neaty flags on locations which I thought were important, carefully exploring the village, and when I cleared first dungeon I felt really good, and killing Lareth was so much fun. He died and cried like a stupid bitch. Could really love the game, IF IT LET ME PLAY IT NORMALLY FURTHER THAN TEMPLE LEVEL 3. BECAUSE CRASHES.
GAME WHY U NO LET ME PLAY U?!

Aww fuck. When teh Mushroom Demonqueen died, I could't even watch neato movies. Because I can't set scaling off in my video card options. So I had to listen about my brave exploits staring like a moron into blank black screen with some sentences there, listening to narrator, and then watch some on youtube.
So butthurt now.. so much butthurt...

Can someone tell me whether the new content is any good?

I'm caught between two intuitions here. On one hand, the new content SOUNDS neat, and there is plenty of scope for inserting it into the module (given the awesome engine and the combat-centric module, adding some new challenges could be more feasible than, say, adding new voiced NPCs in a roleplay section or VTM:B).

On the other hand, that would violate one of the solid laws of modding: that new content, of any kind whatsoever, will be painfully awful.

Does the rule of new content = goddawful still hold, or is this an exception?

Mrowak

Arcane
Azrael the cat said:
Can someone tell me whether the new content is any good?

I'm caught between two intuitions here. On one hand, the new content SOUNDS neat, and there is plenty of scope for inserting it into the module (given the awesome engine and the combat-centric module, adding some new challenges could be more feasible than, say, adding new voiced NPCs in a roleplay section or VTM:B).

On the other hand, that would violate one of the solid laws of modding: that new content, of any kind whatsoever, will be painfully awful.

Does the rule of new content = goddawful still hold, or is this an exception?

It's rather good new content, though I have a few reservations here and there. It's still work in progress so some imbalances happen. My chief accusation is that some of the new content for version 6.1.0 was too easy. Also it makes vanilla part trivial - after you get all that xp there are few threats in the temple itself that can pose challenge to you.

I have to say that some of the quests are quite decent in scope e.g. the first level adventure that let's you avoid Hommlet snooz-fest. Examples of new content from my LP of version 6.1.0 (spoilers obviously. also beware of LARP):

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1835341#1835341
http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1855971#1855971
http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1867616#1867616

hiver

Fuck... i just want to feel that awesome goddamn turnbased combat...

For fuck sake who is having the rights of it right now?

Why the fuck is obsidian not taking it or Tim Cain making them take it and making a new game with better story!!?!??!?!?!?

AAAAAAAA!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom