Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game of Thrones Teaser Trailer

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
<p>If you're following Cyanide Studio's <strong>Game of Thrones</strong> RPG, here's a <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qKx5zbvYiA&feature=player_embedded">teaser trailer</a>.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/106168-game-of-thrones-teaser-trailer.html">Gamebanshee</a></p>

Shadenuat

Arcane
1:05
An oversized fantasy ax in SoI&F! Travesty!

Aside from that... looks like a bit outdated version of Dragon Age, with a more witcher-like characters.

Black

Arcane
janjetina said:
Another action adventure to avoid.
Don't worry, even if it'll be horrible it'll still have many fans here, just like that other terrible fantasy game with snow in it :thumbsup:

hiver

Looks like total shit and i dont mean visually. Another product for shallow moron market and equally shallow fans of the series that went to total shit with the last book.

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
What the fuck is up about thig Game of Thrones thing? I knew the fuss was mostly (regarding the TV series) about gratuitous nudity.

But does it have any other distinguishing feature, or is it banalshitboring?

hiver

No, the series has done much worse things then just showing nudity.

The books are pretty good and well written serious adult fanatsy until the last one which is total shit.

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
I guess I can throw a look. Because you know, hiver, you seem the kinda guy to trust. The kinda guy to whom you'd gladly wire your bank account info so he can get back to Nigeria.

:lol:

Game of Thrones (Song of Fire and Ice) is an excellent series. If anything its something the codex story lovers should be jumpin on, because it does have great plot twists and great adult writing. Of course...I've only read up the first, second and third book...

And why all the hate for this trailer? The graphics look great to me, and no one on the codex is really a graphic whore anyways.

Now...as for gameplay...who knows. It might be awful, but at the very least if George RR Martin is looking after the story so we can at least expect a well written adult audience focused story.

I will reserve judgment until I have seen or read more.

hiver

yeah, thats me. :)

anyway, the series does keep with the books generally but every once in a while they do something enormously stupid and not warranted at all thats just pathetically stupid.

The best thing about the series are actors who are all pretty much great, but the script... dear jesus...

There is this whore and in almost every scene where some character is just spilling info dumps in horrible ways he is banging her.
And then she leaves this one city in one episode and in the next one she is already on the other end of kingdom and other characters do these horrible info dumps while she is naked or simulating some kind of sex

Like one of the biggest and most mysterious villains is just spilling his beans and his secret motivations for doing all he does while she and some other whore are acting some sort of lesbian sex.

Its just horrendous. And thats why some people talk about nudity issue. Its not nudity itself but the way it is used, always in the worst and stupidest scenes.

The whole thing went to mass popularity and thousands of morons are perfectly fine with it all.

I seriously recommend just reading the books to anyone that isnt a complete retard.

Edwin

Scholar
LibertyRansom said:
Game of Thrones (Song of Fire and Ice) is an excellent series. If anything its something the codex story lovers should be jumpin on, because it does have great plot twists and great adult writing. Of course...I've only read up the first, second and third book...

I agree he first 3 books are great.

The 5. is readable,but the 4. is wtf is this shit awful(tbh you can just skip it,nothing happens in the whole book anyway...)

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
When the only feature of book that people take notice of is the gratuitous sex and lizard suckling (or something like that) I decided to give it a miss as I can see that it's aimed at the spotty sexless basement dweller. Someone bought A Clash of Kings to my wife's workplace and everyone just was flipping through and giggling at the sex scenes and that pretty much told me all I needed to know. I'd rather read Timothy Zahn Star Wars shit; at least he doesn't put his sexual frustrations all over the page.

With respect to those that like it of course....

hiver

Thas really stupid commie.
There is barely any sex in the books. There is a few scenes but nothing like youre saying.

And the fourth book is actually very decent. It just didnt have epic battles and action retarded fans wanted so a lot of them started shiting on it.

Its more about consequences of war. And a lot of stuff happens.

The fifth one is a turd in which actually nothing happens.

Zomg

Arbiter
Shadenuat said:
1:05
An oversized fantasy ax in SoI&F! Travesty!

My first thought as well

At least they kept the pauldrons from getting completely fucking bananas

Stabwound

Arcane
Continuing the trend of every new "RPG" looking exactly the same. Is this Dragon Age or Witcher 2 or Gothic 4 or Two Worlds 2 or Divinity 2? Oh, it's actually a new game.

Fatty

Augur
I don't get the hate for books 4 & 5...they flow pretty much exactly as book 3 did. Halfway through 5 now, still enjoying them. My personal opinion is most people are just pissed it takes him so long to write. I will say that having read so many ASOIAF chapters now, that the writing has gotten some predictable patterns (start in present, have flashbacks to fill in the info we need, end with cliff hanger/revelation).

HBO series was decent enough. Its TV...have lower expectations. At least the parts they fucked up had tits I could watch while they fucked it up.

Game looks unremarkable and like Dragon Age, which makes me rage a little bit. Will pass unless I hear something uexpected.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Spoilers ahead.

The problem in book 4 was that it missed half of characters, it introduced new, uninteresting POVs and development of events was slower than in previous books. Also, undead Catelyn and a fat pink mast.

Book 5 is just :retarded:. Pages and pages of food descriptions, phrases repeated ad nauseum (broke fast, must needs, words are wind, kissed by fire) increased vulgarization, total change in important characters' personality (especially Daenerys, who devolved from a competent leader into a horny teenage girl, followed by Tyrion, who became comic relief, Jon Snow who was struck by a retard ray in the last chapter in order to provide a feebly constructed cliffhanger), an out of place and out of context Jaime chapter (another shitty cliffhanger), essentially nothing happening in the book (turtles!!!) until final chapters, which all end on cliffhangers,... And the worst thing, adding more useless POVs and characters that have absolutely no connection to previous books? Baby Aegon alive? Really? Could be a fake, which would change it from abysmally retarded to just stupid. Greyscale? Turtles (again)?
There were good parts in the book, no doubt , like Theon, Davos and Bran chapters, as well as Jon chapters excluding the final one, but the book is in need of some serious editing. Putting Feast and Dance together would yield a good 600 page book, which wouldn't contain passages like:

“Hugh Hungerford was slim and saturnine, long-legged, long-faced, clad in faded finery. Weber was short and muscular, with spiders tatooed across his head and chest and arms. Red-faced Orson Stone claimed to be a knight, as did Lanky Lucifer Long. Will of the Woods leered at her even as he took a knee. Dick Straw had cornflower-blue eyes, hair as white as flax, and an unsettling smile. Ginger Jack's face was hidden behind a bristly orange beard, and his speech was unintelligible. Greenguts was huge and bald as a stone, with arms thick enough to rival even Strong Belwas. Gerrold was a lean, tall youth with sun streaks in his hair and laughing blue-green eyes. That smile has won may a maiden's heart, I'll wager. His cloak was made of soft brown wool lined with sandsilk, a goodly garment. Frog, the squire, was the youngest of the three, and the least impressive, a solemn, stocky lad, brown of hair and eye. His face was squarish, with a high forehead, heavy jaw, and broad nose. The stubble on his cheeks and chin made him look like a boy trying to grow his first beard.”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom