Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Once more into the breach! (EU3 MP thread)

Breaking Axe

Educated
Has Vaarna taken Sweden? If not, dibs!

Does Magna Mundi work with Divine Wind, and can it be easily reverted back to Heir if it doesn't?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nope it doesnt work and I think it only needs to be placed in mod folder so its easy to revert back.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Breaking Axe said:
Has Vaarna taken Sweden? If not, dibs!

Does Magna Mundi work with Divine Wind, and can it be easily reverted back to Heir if it doesn't?
Well I do have that mod there waiting for approval, which adds some things to Finland. Having a Swede who doesn't beat me up and instead allies with me for creating Scandinavia would be nice, assuming the mod files pass quality assurance.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
TBS, are you serious about taking Venice? Cause I was thinking of trying my luck as Milan again, and you'd pretty much be the first on my hitlist. :(

So, A Gentleman's Code of Conduct for EU3 Multiplayer. This is open to discussion, of course.

1) Don't be a dick: Seriously, if you win, don't try to impose ridiculous terms on your defeated foe. And if you lose, don't not accept reasonable terms just because you're butthurt. As far as terms, Monetary compensation, Cores, and border territories should be fair game. Outright conquest is... kind of dickish in an MP game. Colonies are 100% open, and liberating countries to weaken an opponent is very cool.

2) Try to be on time: When you're late, we have to restart the whole game over. If we know you're coming and you're still late, we have to wait for you. If you know you're going to be late, let us know.

3) Be a BRO: If you're filling in for someone, try not to wreck their country and honor any deals they have made. If you're taking over a country, different story. But if you're just filling in for a session or two, don't overextend them or wreck their country.

4) Be a Player: This is a political game. Alliances will be made and broken and betrayed. Wars will be waged, goals will be achieved and missed. Be a part of that. Nothing sucks more than having a guy that might as well not be there.

Alright, these seem to be decent ground rules to live by. Any complaints, comments suggestions? We still need a host, and when we do we can get a roster going and officially set up a time.

XenomorphII

Prophet
I might join in as the Teutonic Order depending on the time you all end up settling on.

Edit: Actually them or Brandenburg. Depending on where everyone else is.

Renegen

Arcane
Good Code of Conduct, next step is to get a time and have everyone confirm and add what country they'll play.

Good Code of Conduct, next step is to get a time and have everyone confirm and add what country they'll play.
Then why no bro fist?

And Vaarna, this isn't about the complexity of the mod. I wouldn't mind trying it in a controlled setting, but with people coming in and out and how much trouble we have getting people to just download the official patch sometimes... I think it adds an additional variable that will just give another headache. Plus, there's the fact that since it's a localized improvement (I think you said it's events and decisions?) that does have an effect on game balance (depending on how many of each and their effects). I would say no on the mod, although I would be more than willing to try it out for you single player sometime.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Im still ready to go whenever you are (unless we set a ridiculous time when im at work).

Rules of conduct seem decent but too non specific to be really called rules (they can be summarized as: dont be a dick).

I can play almost any nation. Preferably OE/France/Austria but am open for others. Not small ones tho, unless Venice.

Vaarna_Aarne

Then why no bro fist?

And Vaarna, this isn't about the complexity of the mod. I wouldn't mind trying it in a controlled setting, but with people coming in and out and how much trouble we have getting people to just download the official patch sometimes... I think it adds an additional variable that will just give another headache. Plus, there's the fact that since it's a localized improvement (I think you said it's events and decisions?) that does have an effect on game balance (depending on how many of each and their effects). I would say no on the mod, although I would be more than willing to try it out for you single player sometime.
The mod operates on two levels, basically. The first one that's obvious is the single txt plus localization that adds decisions for Western European minors to increase low base tax in exchange for cash, and a decision that allows Western Europeans to increase population by sending colonists (only until 5000). The second part is a series of missions and decisions for Finland, which includes a modifier.

oscar

Arcane
I'd love to join. Hopefully it won't quit me like it did last time.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Bit of a schedule conflict for me (Alas, trying to jump into too many let's plays). Go on ahead without me if it works for the majority.

Vaarna_Aarne

So what about my mod? Is it deemed balanced, since setting it up will be easy if I make a non-fuck-uppable zip for it.

Skype for messaging. I'm still a no on the mod. It's just another variable and another pain. Plus, since most of us won't be playing minors, I think it's a pretty minor concern for an MP session.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom