Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I bought the whole pack for $9.99. Every X game ever (!!11!!11) (Including the new Albion Prelude) for 10 Kwabucks is definitely worth it in my opinoin. I've played all of them except the expansion to the first and Albion, which goes for $9.99 on its own normally, and requires a Steam version of Terran Conflict, where I had the DVD version.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Don't know if anyone is interested in a five dollar copy of F:NV or not, but I've got a 50% off coupon that is of absolutely no use to me and I'm willing to give/trade it away. My steam profile name is Mister_Arkham if anyone wants to hit me up for it.

Kind of a limp set of deals today, sadly. I was hoping for better. Will probably pick up a copy of Albion Prelude, and maybe Killing Floor.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Hm, got something decent I do not own today: L4D. But since I already own L4D2 and all content from L4D, plus the new stuff, there is little point for me to get that one, unless I wanna play with the few people who only own the first game and not the second but I do not know many of these …

So yeah, probably a gift for other people that'll hardly go away :D

Gerrard

Arcane
What the fuck is this shit
313oqpe.jpg

I don't even

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Mister Arkham said:
Satan said:
Killing floor is fun, I recommend it.

I've heard that, but I've never really been into multiplayer stuff. Is it still relatively playable in SP mode?

You can play it solo, even at the highest difficulty with the right perks, but it gets boring real fast. Solo is meant more as a sort of testing ground where you can try some strategies — or try to get some achievements easily — than a real gameplay alternative. Some perks perform admirably alone as well as in group, but will only be good in groups due to their supportive nature and need to be protected to be efficient.

That said, the game is a lot of fun and people are usually nice, though each sale means an increase of noobs.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Lupus_ said:
Gerrard said:
What the fuck is this shit
I don't even
This is the access to beta of DoTa 2

That. IMO, trade it for other games. Think people are giving up like $20-$30ish for it.

Mister Arkham said:
Satan said:
Killing floor is fun, I recommend it.

I've heard that, but I've never really been into multiplayer stuff. Is it still relatively playable in SP mode?

Don't buy Killing Floor just for single player. It isn't worth it.

mugarod

Liturgist
Project: Eternity
While I tend to go off by myself in KF it is still only good at MP. Narcist in me needs to show off to other players how its done, plus the waves are much bigger when there are more people around. It is even better on servers that allow more then 6 players at the time. Seeing everyone around you dieing while you just hacking and slashing your way across can be very fun. Groups are necessary in some cases though but berseker can solo anything except for the boss on any dificulty.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Managed to trade Shadowgrounds and one coal for Puzzle Chronicles. Nothing amazing but I enjoy the Puzzle Quest games and for whatever reason Chronicles never gets a good discount. Shadowgrounds is worthless as it was in a humble bundle.

To expound a bit on Killing Floor the reason I say not to buy it for single player is because the game itself is very dull. It's wave survival with only one boss at the end and it's the same boss every time. The levels/maps aren't anything special. It can be fun multi player but solo it's just a dull grind.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Play zerker or medic then.

If you want to solo with lots of zeds, you can always use the faked players mutators. It's even whitelisted.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
attackfighter said:
I remember killing floor having super slow movement speeds (even with weapon drawn)

KF is not a run and gun game. It's about picking a good spot and relying on teammates.

Bruticis

I hate this random coupon bullshit this year. Massive decline! Last years format was so much better, let me pick some shitty DLC over another 33% off coupon!!!

75% off Gary's mod, 50% off Garshap, 50% of Recettear. Any one wants this shit? I'll give it out for free to the first taker, though I sort doubt any one would want that shit. Some of them are even cheaper with out even being a daily deal.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
What happened to the sale these last 3 days? It started out p. good and now it seems it's mostly just crap on sale that's so old everyone already has it or so bad no-one would never want it.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm glad I didn't set expectations too high.
Zarniwoop, what exactly are you looking forward to anyway?

For me, steam sales is always about picking up those 'on the fence' kinda game at less higher price point. Games like recettear, terraria (it was $20 at launch) kinda work like that for me. I won't expect too much from top titles getting huge discounts, although Arkham City was a big surprise. So far , it's been average overall.

Edit: Oooh ooh, New deal in 8 minutes for me!

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Well, I got Arkham City for 50% off earlier in the sale (like you mentioned), the whole X-series and Portal 2 for 75% off etc. In the previous sale I got all the Tales of Monkey Island episodes for like $5, things like that. Good games that are severely discounted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom