Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Forums are up...

made

Arcane
Opera's wand/auto password feature doesn't work on nextgen Codex, c/d?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
It does work here (Opera 11.60, Windows XP).

On the other hand, I'm getting ads and I no longer see the super secret forum :-(

made

Arcane
Weird, it works when I log in while viewing a thread or a sub forum but not the general forum index.

ElectricOtter

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS
Brofistin? I don't even. actually looks p. good though, so yay i have a reason to start shitposting again

EDIT: also, are custom titles borked or something?

EDIT2: why do quotes not work in signatures? fix please

EG

Nullified
WHAT SORCERY IS THIS
Brofistin? I don't even. actually looks p. good though, so yay i have a reason to start shitposting again

EDIT: also, are custom titles borked or something?

They are.

hiver

I just couldnt log in for ...what...two days?
And i succeeded only when i switched from temp codex visual style to.... errm... RPG codex style?

So it looks like its a problem with that style.
It would either simply not work at all and the page would reset to where it was originally when i opened it or would tell me it needs cookies and its an error not giving it cookies.
Of course i had cookies enabled just fine and i checked multiple times and so on and so forth.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Considering you're the only one with this problem, it's extremely likely that the problem is on your end.

hiver

It cant be. I checked everything.
hmm... wait... maybe that asshole im stealing internets from did something silly...

Hey asswipe! Stop doing that shit or ill download witcher 2 and you will get a fine for 1000 euros!
(just joking... relax, he is a good guy whoever he is, not putting any passwords on his internets... haha.... not that it would help him in any way but still... nice)
That couldnt be it anyway.

No, its all your fault codex! And i gave you like 25 internets! At least!

-edit-
Also, with that temp codex theme firefox couldnt remember the password itself. Or more exactly it couldnt write it into that pop-up login screen. And if i wrote it myself it didnt work as i described.
Had version 8 since it came out and i just upgraded to 9.0.1

I just tried and it still doesnt work with that temp theme.
Works fine now, including writing the password itself, with RPG codex theme.

anyway, its not that im complaining and bitching just for bitching sake.
Just saying.

Project: Eternity
Agh. With the new avatars coupled with this horrible color coordination, this forum really is an eyesore to look at now. There's going to be a bunch of people with all kinds of dumbfuck avatars (ponies/pictures of themselves in compromising positions/etc.etc.) if we keep custom avatars, and it just... Eugh. One of the most appealing things about RPGCodex is how comfortable, smooth, and nice it looked. If you can at least fix the color scheme, I'll be hunky dory, and it's stupid to complain about an Internet forum's appearance, I know... But, still... Achievement system? Custom avatars? Why were these things added? I don't understand. If it ain't broke, don't fix it :/.

Blood and Iron

copx here, the transition has locked me out of my old account because the email account I used to register it (back in 2002!) was terminated years ago. Whatever, I think a new account every decade keeps you young!

However the new Codex look is the Bioware of RPG forums. Fucking horrible.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Agh. With the new avatars coupled with this horrible color coordination, this forum really is an eyesore to look at now. There's going to be a bunch of people with all kinds of dumbfuck avatars (ponies/pictures of themselves in compromising positions/etc.etc.) if we keep custom avatars, and it just... Eugh. One of the most appealing things about RPGCodex is how comfortable, smooth, and nice it looked. If you can at least fix the color scheme, I'll be hunky dory, and it's stupid to complain about an Internet forum's appearance, I know... But, still... Achievement system? Custom avatars? Why were these things added? I don't understand. If it ain't broke, don't fix it :/.

Reading teh hard?

- New features were not added, they are core features of XenForo.
- Obviously the theme is being worked on
- Etc.

copx here, the transition has locked me out of my old account because the email account I used to register it (back in 2002!) was terminated years ago. Whatever, I think a new account every decade keeps you young!

Send DU a PM or use the "contact us" form to get in touch with the Management (TM).

Blood and Iron

Send DU a PM or use the "contact us" form to get in touch with the Management (TM).

Thanks, but I read the password recovery thread. As I said, a new account every decade keeps you young, I am not interested in recovering my old account, I like this one.

Coyote

Arcane
Definitely preferred the old look, but I realize it's a work in progress (and the "RPG Codex" style is getting closer every day), and some of the new features are actually pretty nice. In the meantime, a couple of questions:
  • Is there anything akin to the old "view next topic"/"view previous topic" links? That's pretty much how I browsed the slower-moving forums like News & Content and the Workshop. If not, you can add that to my suggestions below.
  • Is there any way to set your profile not to display your most recent activity? I've explored the profile options pretty thoroughly and found nothing; even setting it to not show your online status doesn't get rid of this as far as I can tell, which seems bizarre. Edit: Actually, it also says that I'm online in the "Members Online Now" area, so maybe it just always displays such information for oneself?
  • Is there any way to go avatar-less without having the question mark/gender icon images next to your post? If not, can this be easily implemented, or is it more trouble than it's worth?
...and suggestions (mostly minor and some have been mentioned before, but they were overshadowed by arguments about signature images, custom avatars, etc., so I felt them worth reiterating):
  • Move timestamps up to the top of posts. Among other things, this can make finding a specific post in a multi-page thread much quicker.
  • Switch to absolute instead of relative timestamps (i.e. set timestamps to always display as "[date] at [time]" instead of varying between "today", "yesterday", "[day name if within the past week but before yesterday]" and "[date if more than a week old]" in lieu of the date and "a moment ago", "[x minutes ago if more than a minute but less than an hour old]", and "[time if more than an hour old]" in lieu of the time). Never understood the appeal of relative timestamps, though at least this version is better than BSN with its vague "6 months ago" and such.
  • Allow people to configure how they'd like timestamps to be displayed (e.g., AM and PM or 0:00 to 23:59, "[month] [day] [year]", "[day] [month] [year]", or otherwise, etc.).
  • Put a preview button directly below the quick reply box instead of requiring posters to go through an extra screen to access it. You can already watch threads - and with one less click, to boot - via the link on the upper right side of the page, so I have a feeling that this is what the "More Options" button will be used for 90 percent of the time anyway.
  • Bring back the topic review window below the preview screen.
  • As suggested a few pages back, it was handy having the latest news threads displayed at the top of the forum.
  • The boxes that pop up when you mouse over the links on the top right of the page ("[Username]", "Inbox", and "Alerts") are all transparent using the "RPG Codex" style, which causes them to overlap with other text on most pages, at least with my settings. Making them opaque would improve them visually.
  • Bring back quotes in signatures. Unless you can't disable images without disabling them - which I doubt, since other forms of forum code still seem to work - I haven't seen any reason to disable them. Although admittedly, I never saw OSK's problematic signature before it was nuked.
I recognize that some of these are just personal preferences, but it would be nice to at least have toggles for them if possible.

Edit: Deleted some suggestions and clarified some points that have been addressed with the latest version of the "RPG Codex" style (was using the "Temp Codex" style when I posted, as the "RPG Codex" style caused problems the last time I was on).

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Thanks, but I read the password recovery thread. As I said, a new account every decade keeps you young, I am not interested in recovering my old account, I like this one.

But... but then you might be mistakenly taken to the camps when the great newfag cleansing begins! Please sir, do reconsider!

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Just wanted to drop in and say the latest (5 minutes ago?) update to the codex style here was a major step towards incline. Feels almost as the old one now. :love:

EDIT: Not that it matters much to me, but the codex troll on the upper left overlaps with the "moderation queue:0" message.

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
The RPG Codex theme looks very good right now! Feels different but still like home. The smilie function sucks though!

Good job guys! :thumbsup:

garren

Arcane
Patron
Next step should be making forum names display before pictures, remove those white picture borders and picture scaling, and if one doesn't have a picture, don't display the question mark sign.

Other than that, great work! I'll be sure to nitpick other areas once these get done :obviously:

EDIT: One issue down before I had the chance to post this! Great scott!

DOUBLE EDIT: Edits still don't show as "Multidicked edited this message at etc. etc."

Vival

Augur
Man, that's much better now. At 1920 x 1200 resolution, with the huge letters and all that wasted screen space, the codex looked like some shitty console game UI.
:thumbsup:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Anyone else have a text box at the bottom that is white and anything you type is invisible until posted?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom