Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind - Help Mage, Creation spell

whiker

Novice
Hello,im new member forum, my name is Marco and im fan of rpg,mmorpg (baldur's gate,ultima online,dark age of camelot,asheron's call....)

I am a Breton apprentice sign lv26.

I would like advice with what parameters to create magic (no charms) for every situation because I have mana problems despite having 100 intelligence or do little harm. I tried different combinations mah I do not know the average damage with a spell from 10-40 (with luck 75) for example. I have all expansions.

If someone could help me because I'm doing a lot of effort to move forward with the magician (100 with difficulty, and I have no intention of modifying it). Also started to think that the problem is the fact of not having chosen as a sign of the zodiac and Atronachs Altmer as a breed.

Thanks in advance

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
tCp90.gif

ElectricOtter

Did you equip the ring? I hear it has a sweet Fortify Magicka enchantment.

Duckard

Augur
Well, you probably need more magicka regen from equipment, but I can't help you out more unless I have some more specific info. You mailing address and social insurance number should suffice.

whiker

Novice
I forgot to say that I was referring to morrowind.

However the main problem is that I do not know precisely manage the creation of magic, how the luck affect a spell damage 1-40 and similar.
if I used 40-40 damage spells, it is obvious that once the mana runs out. complicated system that ....

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
Have you tried reinstalling the game? Also, what operating system are you using?

Proof

Novice
You could keep magicka potions with you. Also, don't limit yourself to pure damage spells; put a vulnerability effect in front of the damage. I don't know the formulas involving luck, sorry.

NewFag

Educated
I'm sorry to say it, but all hope is lost. Re-roll ASAP. :cool:

DraQ

Arcane
Hello,im new member forum, my name is Marco and im fan of rpg,mmorpg (baldur's gate,ultima online,dark age of camelot,asheron's call....)

I am a Breton apprentice sign lv26.

I would like advice with what parameters to create magic (no charms) for every situation because I have mana problems despite having 100 intelligence or do little harm.
Character's intelligence seems ok, work on your own.

As long as you have any magicka multiplier mana shouldn't be a problem, unless you can't think of anything better than "cast fireball, repeat".

Mana can refilled by sleeping and, in case of emergency, with potions, so as long as you can cast your desired spell combo once, you should be ok.

I tried different combinations mah I do not know the average damage with a spell from 10-40 (with luck 75) for example. I have all expansions.
An average of 10 and 40 is 25 (duh). Morrowind has glitch where maximal value never occurs, so it'll be more along the lines of 24.5. I don't think luck affects anything but success rolls in any case.

I don't think I've ever played Breton or Altmer and my pure casters have still always worked perfectly well when coupled with apprentice or atronach.

whiker

Novice
Breton or Altmer did not choose with the sign apprentice, because did you choose a race with elemental defense and then summon Atronach or Ancestrall and making you throw spells with a magic absorbing equip?

DraQ

Arcane
Breton or Altmer did not choose with the sign apprentice, because did you choose a race with elemental defense and then summon Atronach or Ancestrall and making you throw spells with a magic absorbing equip?
You mean Atronach, not Apprentice.

In any case, non-Breton, non-Altmer with Atronach has same magicka reserves as Breton with Apprentice, so magicka is not an issue, it's usage is.

Also, could you please use English rather than Gibberish? Unlike some morons folks at TESF I don't speak latter.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Drain Intelligence 1 second 100-100 points on self = entire magicka replenished unless resistance interferes (i think willpower might affect that, but I can't be bothered to remember). Yeah, it's cheesing, but only aspergerfags would seriously entertain playing a real mage in morrowind.

Alternately you could just enchant an exquisite ring with a wide area absorb health spell and spam that.

whiker

Novice
Thanks for everything. I solved the problem to be blunt when I got up, and I started using Veloth's Judement.
Anyway I apologize for my bad English, I know little English.

DraQ

Arcane
Thanks for everything. I solved the problem to be blunt when I got up, and I started using Veloth's Judement.
Anyway I apologize for my bad English, I know little English.
If you use blunt weapons, get the Mace of Molag-Bal. It has absorb magicka enchantment and makes for a good recharger as long as you don't kill your enemy right away.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom