Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Theme Feedback

AndymanhairaX

Educated
The old "NEWS CONTENT GALLERY" bar looks kinda weird together with the new sleekness, but that hardly counts as a complaint so fuck that.

Looks very good. Brofisted.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
forgot the white around the boxes on the the right of every subforum with this stuff:
"Latest: Age of Decadence December..."
"Davaris, 28 min ago"

remove the white borders

That is actually one of the few places where white doesn't bother me.

Main page looks much better (listing wise) than the forum pages. Might be the boxes, they make it look less like an excel sheet.

ChristofferC

Magister
The background image doesn't continue past the copyright notice when the page is not as tall as the browser window.

797036-PBOIAQE.jpg

Also, a minor aesthetic fuckup: when a thread is too short to fill the screen (1-2 posts), the rest is filled with white - screen. The page needs to stretch down, filled with background, so that bottom navbar/footer always stay at the bottom.

Edit: Stop posting what I'm going to say minutes before me. :lol:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Looks perfect man, feel like home again.
:love:

Just one thing, the 'Fixed Width' layout stays on the left instead of being centralized like the previous one, is this intencional? Feels weird...

Achilles

Arcane
It looks good now, at first glance I can't see anything wrong with it.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Lovely jubbly! One thing I miss is the quote/report/status/profile buttons, would love to see them back.

Also smiley/parrot picker is still borked and avatars are too big.

made

Arcane
There is an issue with the list of threads in a forum though, in that there are about 6 less threads displayed on a full-screen (at whatever my resolution is) in New Codex vs Original Codex. That's to do with the little avatar image though and is something I left after reducing it down a fair bit.

Then remove the avatars. They are hard to make out anyway at that size. Instead, bold the name of the thread starter.

Other than that it looks good. Borders left and right are a little too thick on my screen though, much thicker than in the screenshot above.

And the reply, edit, etc. buttons at the bottom could be bigger. I almost clicked brofist by mistake.

Banned Alt

Novice
It would be awesome cool if the whole unoccupied rest of the breadcrumb bar with the gradietn would be gone. It serves no purpose aside from the quick nav button on the right which no one clicks. And I cant remove the gradient ridden filth easily.

Kill all the rounded corners. They are the gay that poisons life itself.

AndymanhairaX

Educated
Why didn't my faceless avatar get a penis, you dork?

Alla ska med!

edit: Twinkle demands that you draw a new picture.

Banned Alt

Novice
It also would be nice if the rss feed icons would only light up if the mouse is over them and not over the subforum. They are distractign at least in Opera. I figure they come from the browser icon stock.

I also despise the decline incline buttons.

[media] is possible in the sigs.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Everyone else's text box 360 seems to be dark grey but mine is white and I can't see shit when i am typing :(

EG

Nullified
All curved buttons must be squared.

Oh, and everything else the jackals above me mentioned. It's starting to look quite good, DarkUnderlord.

I just tried your fixed width:
qPeD3.png

Never mind, it's my annoying requirement to zoom in.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
looking better every day...

are the ads in posts gone for good or just testing ?

TripJack

Hedonist
post timestamps clearly were superior when at the top of posts not at the bottom

that big box of shit at the right side of the main forum index needs to go away, perhaps to the bottom where it belongs

the toolbar at the top is rather homosexual it was better when it was integrated into the logo banner thing

then theres the papamole avatar scaling but you already know about that one

Otherwise looks good. :salute:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
LOVE this new layout!

The one thing missing, is the names of Moderators that moderate each forum. So that those that might need help in that forum, can know who to contact.

EG

Nullified
LOVE this new layout!

The one thing missing, is the names of Moderators that moderate each forum. So that those that might need help in that forum, can know who to contact.

Egotistical cobra.

ElectricOtter

Looks pretty sexy, but I'd rather have the timestamp/report/brofist/quote line above the signature. Avatar scaling probably needs to be fixed too.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks good. Now just get rid of custom avatars and put in the percentage breakdown of posts as promised and it's just like home....almost.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom