Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play... the Muriad! (4X Grand Strategy)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
:salute: Fear not, who knows if a prophet might lead the Emphythines from their slavery and into the Promised Land a century or two down the line.

Also, what determines the appearance of a 'Great Person'?

The Barbarian

Liturgist
My interpretation is that it is this way to avoid covering the numbers for the provinces

This interpretation is correct - Conan is not much of a cartographer. What does he know of civilized ways, after all? He is a savage!

Friend Ulminati, you may consider whether to join as a PC over the next day or two. Conan has checked his records, and after you it is friend laclongquan who is next in line.

Also, what determines the appearance of a 'Great Person'?

To some extent, it is random. But it depends heavily on attribute allocation. If you lead in a particular category, it is more likely you will get the notable figure.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
So, in regards to the territory that I just layed waste to, is that now part of Mobian territory, or would I need to spend orders on expanding there, and it is basically just empty now?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The Barbarian said:
Friend Ulminati, you may consider whether to join as a PC over the next day or two. Conan has checked his records, and after you it is friend laclongquan who is next in line.

O mighty Barbarian, I fear the great tribe of Jom will be denied greatness for the time being. What little time I have set aside for Codex Playground frolicking is consumed by the Codex Pathfinder Adventures thread I initiated some time ago. I fear I would do a disservice to this most glorious of LPs as well as my own by dividing my attention between the two.

I shall watch the developments in Muria with great interest however, as time permits. :salute:

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
War, ruinous war! How it entices the hearts of men!
:salute: Emphythines

Let's ask Babylonians for a comment...
A tamarisk that in the garden has drunk no water
Whose crown in the field has brought forth no blossom
A willow that rejoiced not by the watercourse
A willow whose roots were torn up
A herb that in the garden had drunk no water
Like the lament that a house lifts up for its master, lifts she up a lament,
Like the lament that a city lifts up for its lord, lifts she up a lament.
Her lament is the lament for a herb that grows not in the bed,
Her lament is the lament for the corn that grows not in the ear.
Her chamber is a possession that brings forth not a possession,
a weary woman, a weary child, forspent.
When the fire is put out on your holy hearth,
The sheepfold will become a house of desolation.

When the bottom of your churn drops away,
You will be held by the ugallu.

When your drinking cup falls from its peg,
You will fall to the earth, onto your mother's knees.

When your shepherd's crook disappears,
The ugallu will cause everything to wither.

The eagle who seizes a lamb in the sheepfold
Is the ugallu who will scratch your cheeks.

The falcon who catches a sparrow in the reed fence
Is the ugallu who will climb the fence to take you away.

Dumuzi, my goats drag their lapis beards in the dust.

My hair will swirl around in heaven for you.
My sheep scratch the earth with bent feet.
O Dumuzi, I will tear at my cheeks in grief for you.

The churn lies silent; no milk is poured.
The cup lies shattered; Dumuzi is no more.
The sheepfold is given to the winds----

laclongquan

Arcane
War, War never changes! The smokes of war raises from the mouth of Black River to the Ridge of the World Kul Kal Kas...

EDIT: I give up! Oi, Conan! DO check your email or your forum message please! DO!!!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I sent The Barbarian an email detailing how he can recover his password and come back to us here. Sadly, no reply has been forthcoming.

But if he is anything like I imagine, the New Years celebrations might take some days to recover from. I have no fear that he shall return as strong as ever! :salute:

The Barbarian

Liturgist
Ahhh, it is good to be back, dear friends.

Conan spent some time in country Victoria. A terrible place full of vagabond creatures. He rode horses, and made black smoke with gunpowder weapons. Glorious times were had by all!

He hopes that you, too, enjoyed the festive season.

The player sheets will be sent out ASAP (including to you, friend laclongquan), and we will continue with our adventure! This will be today, or tomorrow, with the update coming as soon as all orders are in.

laclongquan

Arcane
:rage: Damnit! I have a must-go trip to the back of nowhere. Almost certainly no Internet. And it takes 3 days. Earliest return date is Saturday's morning :rage:

Conan, If you can send my sheet during the next 12 hours I will be very grateful and send back the order. On the other hand, if that's not feasible, might as well push my sheet to the back of the queue. I still play, of course.

Johnny the Mule

Educated
Ye aint even in da game yet and already got a friend.

HvNU3.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom