Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inclining trophy points

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
There should be negative points for some achievements. My initial suggestions:

Nasty! - first time ignored -5 points
Shitty poster - ignored by more than 5 people -10 pts
King of shit - ignored by more that 10 people -15 pts
Little Retard - topic was retardo'ed -2 pts
Retardo Queen - more than 5 topics in retardo land -15 pts

The idea is not bad, but one must understand the repercussions first .. Generally I like the idea of having negative points for shit posters. It could even replace/complement the dumbfuck tag.

Points should provide some sort of metric as to a posters quality, but right now they mostly fail.

This system favors people who post an awful lot. But I could think of some really smart people who made only 500 - 1000 posts in several years.

Generally I would restrict brofisting, i.e no brofisting in GD and other irrelevant forums, and not >n times a day. Otherwise I predict very soon the greatest shit posters will have the most points.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Yeah. Also, with negative points it will be easier to separate dumbfucks. As someone suggested - if a poster has amount of ponts less than zero, he is only allowed to post in GD. RPG discussion stays clear and somewhat free from dumbfuckery.

Johnny the Mule

Educated
Yeah, sure, the dumbfucks.
Please, Mr. Dumbfuck, explain to me how exactly a GD prison is gonna prevent alts posting in your precious RPG DISCUSSION!!!1
Lurk moar, dimwit.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Learn to think, boy.
If those alts have negative points, thay won't also be able to post outside GD. If someone creates an alt just to post one shitty-trolling message - it's his waste of time, you can't completely exclude dumbfuckery from teh Codex.

Johnny the Mule

Educated
Have you seen the ignore list, father? Senile much?
The dudes who your braindead Highness considers dumbfucks got enough alts. And I personally would make sure that you get to be the first one restricted to GD.

Where do these lobotomy victims come from...

Johnny the Mule

Educated
On a side note, I havent seen much dumbfuckery in RPG aside from the tards who play Morronshit. :smug:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
How about banning them for a change?
Other forums are able to ban spammers and the likes... and the codex can't?
Ours are much more persistent. We've banned Andhaira and Propser ten dozen times over already.

We do have a Final Solution that is yet to be implemented that will end it once and for all - but we're still toying around with setting that up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom