Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Lets Play the latest Jagged Alliance 2 1.13

LP it with HAM 5.0 Alpha at the risk of game-crashing bugs?

• Yes, better enemy AI and tougher to-hit chance spread patterns, come on!

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Wait until HAM 5.0 is fully released to start this LP

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No, I want a finished JA2 LP and I want it now.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • kingpincomrade

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Twas a cool LP.

SoupNazi

Called it:M I had the same problem with IMP mercs - their stats kept piling on instead of resetting and their equipment multiplied. I figured they'd solved it by now.

Black

Arcane
And thus Jason had to live the rest of his lives in Omerta, together with dirty plebeians.
;_;

Cassidy

Arcane
I was going to have far more screens but because of an accident I deleted all screenshots before the real deal. I managed to take everything while sparing Azira, which is by and far one of the most important team members. And then, like always, they would face a force that outnumbered them by and far, but this time a far wiser approach: to position them near the north edge of the map in tactically good positions, so that if shit really hits the fan they'll have a chance to get out.

The short is that this time I trained as many militia as possible before taking the final sector in Drassen, and that some of the forces defending it were kind enough to drop a machinegun. Unfortunately it is a piece of shit that can't support scopes, and also antiquated and with a super shit minimum AP cost to fire. And I got one extra PSO-1 scope on the other hand which is why I gave an AK-74 to Ira.

And this is an epic, not in the nextgen market doublespeak way.I had to split the battle of Drassen into two separate updates because I decided to make it truly detailed.

the_expendables_on-set.jpg

(OLOL THAT LOOKS LIKE TRASH FROM AFAR. Therefore these are the Kodex Kool Krew mercenaries from before the battle)

The Final Battle of Drassen, Part 1

Bolt Thrower - Salvo

(Originally it was Black Hawk Down theme but a music which lyrics are about a soldier being wiped out by Shells in the Night fit much better with the mood)

29sA2.jpg

The massive legions of Deirdranna began to assault the Drassen Mine, as the brave mercenaries of the Kodex Kool Krew and the freedom fighter Ira were ready and positioned to have high odds even against such unfair numerical advantage. Besides them forty militiamen were ready to fight to the death for the cause of freedom. The plan was for the mercenaries to at first, focus their attention to the east while hopefully the miltias would buy them enough time to the west.

(for those not aware the yellow dots in the mini-map represent the mercenaries. I decided to priotize rooftops, except for a few nice well covered spots, including the one where Black managed to survive the previous failed defense before the reboot)

arNRJ.jpg

The principles were sound, and they were positioned in a way each covered the other. Azira was starting to become more than a doctor in this battle that demanded impossible feats of skills and bravery.

Tqdkb.jpg

Black:

:rage:

I thought the SPAS-15(from the spoils taken after securing Drassen) was better than the Benelli convertible... guess I was wrong... and the worst is that Black don't know even how to use a screwdriver, so his chances of unjamming his gun on his own are very small. He'll have to rely on his backup UDAR revolver for a while.

T8tc3.jpg

As the battle seems to never come to an end, and the militias die as quickly as green Imperial Guards without any armored, air and artillery support charging against Chaos Space Marines, Orgasm proves luck is on her side by scoring a very unlikely hit. And Black also got lucky and managed to unjam his shotgun.

Orgasm is truly mastering her skills and even learning how to compensate and shoot beyond the effective range of her shotgun.

bscBj.jpg

Ira said she didn't have real weapons training. Imagine if she did.

yFPRz.jpg

Azira's position is one of the most important ones. He will not and cannot let them down.

1dMa4.jpg

There are however blind spots, but fortunately Ira reacts quickly enough to a near point-blank range engagement.

hyWEY.jpg

The enemy casualties grow up, but unfortunately so do the militia casualties. Yet, for every redshirt killed, their hope there still could be victory grows, even in such dire situation. They have placed their lives between Drassen and the cruel oppression of Deirdranna, and the results of their choice of not running away like cowards and abandoning the miltia to a certain defeat would soon become clear.

v0daE.jpg

Ulminati is starting to become overshadowed in the beginning of this battle by another great hero and killer of tyrants. Azira is growing a reputation as one of the legends of the team. He already had a reputation for saving their lives more than once, and now he be known both as a great doctor and as a great designated marksman.

OkSrg.jpg

Femshep was timid, because she was covering the south flank which has been quiet because the militias were until then holding out the enemy forces in that location. But now this changed, and the EXTREME proves its worth.

bi5qqf.jpg

hiRp9.jpg

Then comes a dire discovery: the enemy has brought fire support in the form of infantry mortars to this battle. Now the only thing that could be worse is for them to send their tanks. If that did happen then the battle would be truly hopeless. With mortar shells devastating houses and shelters, the miltias which weren't in a good situation before were even worse.

ilzH7.jpg

Nevertheless the Kodex Kool Krew didn't panic. They continued to mostly focus on the east flank. Eventually an opportunity to take down that mortar would ensue, hopefully before it could end into a terrible disaster, but they couldn't do much besides rely on their suppressed weapons and discretion to avoid becoming targets for that devastating weapon.

ODnhH.jpg

Eventually the snipers begin to catch up Azira's onslaught against the invaders. And now the enemy seemingly abandoned the east flank and focused their attack on the south. Thus appropriatedly the team shifted positions to face the new threat.

h5GdL.jpg

They were just barely being held in check. Stray bullets were singing despair and defeat, but the brave heroes couldn't just give up and die without purpose.

MpWet.jpg

Piles of enemy corpses were building up, but they didn't intimidate the attackers, as they were more afraid of the consequences of Deirdranna learning they were cowards and fled from battle than of dying.

9r5c5.jpg

Unfortunately, there was an equally growing pile of militia corpses. They never stood any real chance, and on their own would have already lost this battle a long time ago. Perhaps this will be forever remembered as the Kodex Kool Krew's finest hour.

LtV0J.jpg

The most crooked of bees like to sting where it hurts the most, and there are no other heads like in the cyclopean mythos of ~a H.P.hatmc Lovedicks, thus perhaps, unless these soldiers wish to become trannies, death would be a merciful faith for any man having a 7.62x51mm round tearing his only dick apart.

3EAVp.jpg

A grenadier almost kills Azira with what is most likely a grenade launched from an under-barrel grenade launcher attached to a rifle. But he is still holding out.

spFSi.jpg

The new southern advance by the enemy forces is being slowed down nicely by Bee's superlative skills. Her malice and likeness of tearing a new dick head apart from one man's dick head have also helped a lot, for it echoes of ancient and sick summoning rituals, and let's leave at.. OH GOD ITS HEAVAN

L612r.jpg

The Kodex Kool Krew is a legit A-Team in more than one way. They are like Stallone in Rambo 2: no matter how outnumbered they will kick serious ass.

But that does not diminish the severity of their situation, for even for them there is a limit and this battle already pushed it.

Zidts.jpg

Another grenade shatters the house where Ira was and exposes its walls, fortunately still partly covered by furniture and a fridge. Ira knows she better be ready to take down whoever is launching these grenades lest both her and Azira die.

AOEhD.jpg

A massive bloom comes from yet another mortar shell exploding and slaughtering even more of the militia, who nevertheless are not afraid of fighting to the death, for surrender would only lead to a fate worse than death. These mortar bombardments are worrissome, and could turn the tide even more in favor of the enemies than it already is through their sheer numerical superiority.

Hv78K.jpg

Unlike some of the earlier battles, there is no doubt that in this one everyone, with no exceptions, had a vital contribution to the team. No time to relax or stay behind as a backup. All were instead in the front lines and so far they made it through alive.

7YbuI.jpg

Having no seconds to waste applying first aid, Azira injects POPAMOLE health regen into his veins. Of course, being only a temporary effect and actually far more hardcore than instant healing items, it didn't mutate him into a consoletard harbinger of the decline.

Wkvl6.jpg

Relentless barrage never ceasing
Artillery has found its range
Caught within the crossfire
There is no shelter from the steel rain
Dead men again

ce12q.jpg

By pure luck Ulminati and Femshep survived the mortar barrage, but those militias on the ground obviously didn't have the same luck, and the battle raged on, as the two tried to recover their focus after the shock of the explosion to their eardrums and eyes.

z1Ovh.jpg

White-hot shrapnel fills the sky

Advancing ever onwards
Conditioned reflex feel no pain
At the point beyond insane

0urxB.jpg

Femshep and Ulminati are truly lucky to have survived two mortar shells, and now the last remants of what once was a force of 40 regular militias gathered together in the ruins of a public bathroom to make their final stand, and they fought with great bravery. In their despair, they finally did something smart by taking cover under the rubble. Ulminati franctily scouted the battlefield with his sniper rifle to spot the greatest threat of all enemy forces, the mortar operator.

bUHGt.jpg

He found the target, his scope showing as the man was quickly loading another mortal shell. He couldn't count on his luck to survive another blast. This shot was the difference between his life and his death. Missing it would most likely lead to the death of both him and Femshep. Steady at hand, he pulled the trigger.

VK8aL.jpg

Dead men again

glQEm.jpg

The loss of their mortar team is a setback for the enemy, but even after suffering massive casualties they still far outnumber the mercenaries. The battle already had one of its decisive points in the duel between a sniper and a mortar team, and now it seems to be heading towards a major momentum.

loMVr.jpg

The enemy legions are still enough to overwhelm everyone left to defend the Drassen mine, but they have already been reduced to over 50% of their original strength. Of course, on the other hand, the militias have been near completely wiped out and soon the mercenaries and Ira will be completely on their own against forces that outnumber them significantly.

The Battle of Drassen is closing to an end. Whether it will be an end of a futile last stand, that although succeeding in delivering far more massive casualties to the enemy forces than they suffered, was ultimately doomed to defeat, or an end of a seemingly impossible victory that will, should they succeed at their ultimate goal of eliminating Deirdranna, be forever remembered in the story of this small country as their own legendary Thermopylae, is yet to be seen.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Cassidy said:
The most crooked of bees like to sting where it hurts the most, and there are no other heads like in the cyclopean mythos of ~a H.P.hatmc Lovedicks, thus perhaps, unless these soldiers wish to become trannies, death would be a merciful faith for any man having a 7.62x51mm round tearing his only dick apart.

:lol: :salute:

SoupNazi

At that point, if you had SoupNazi in your team, that mortar could have been nicked and used to our advantage. :( :)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I don't think I've mentioned it before, but I approve of all the Bolt Thrower inside this LP.

THERE IS NO SHELTAH FROM THE STEEL RRRRRRAIN

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Impressive. I hope you survive this and gains a mortar of your own.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Proud to serve, proud to serve.

When I was in the army, I was actually quite a mean shot with a rifle. Being a soft-skinned doctor from Denmark however, I never enlisted for a proper tour of duty, so my marksman skills were never tested out for real. But boy, did those card-board cutouts at the firing range ever die beautifully. :salute:

Now that's said, I guess I'll kick the bucket in part two. :smug:

Cassidy

Arcane
I don't think I've mentioned it before, but I approve of all the Bolt Thrower inside this LP.

AFAIK they are the only ones that made an album called Mercenary. Is there anything more fitting?

==========================================

1jth5e.jpg

The Final Battle of Drassen, Part 2

Those once loyal

EmIVv.jpg

Piles of corpses are strewn all around. The battle has lasted for too long, and was coming to an end. A feast for vultures that would mark the less glorious aspect of this battle's ouctome for its victors.

WFi2N.jpg

An impressive headshot takes down an enemy that was mostly covered behind a window. In the Grim Darkness of Arulco, there is no POPAMOLE.

KEQvX.jpg

Orgasm, hoping to not be surprised while coming in and out of cover in true POPAMOLE style ...

:decline:

Delivers a devastating blow against an enemy that was trying to get at point-blank range, and then like a true POPAMOLE SHEPARD pops inside cover again. And thus through the powers of POPAMOLE she slaughtered those in her way, but being no pussy, after the coast was clear she shifted position and began to hunt down the enemies instead of waiting for them to come.

:incline:

CM2Eu.jpg

And thus another one bites the dust while the rest of the team is trying to hold out to the west. After this Orgasm considers climbing a roof to be better able to make them BURN because from above it's easier to throw grenades farther.

rZwrQ.jpg

A huge shit almost happens when Black fails to kill a suddenly coming enemy from the east with his UDAR, but then, against all odds, Azira manages to hit him from a distance way beyond his pistol's effective range, saving his comrade.

VN4Yv.jpg

Bee was taken by surprise as her position was stormed from enemy soldiers coming from the north, but she reacted quickly, and having not time to ready the sniper, did all she could do: spray and pray with her automatic pistol. And it worked, as the closest of the enemies coming from that direction was severely wounded.

XL7lM.jpg

One final enemy to the east was then dispatched by Ira. They took a look around, and confirmed that now the enemies were concentrated to the west, where Femshep, Ulminati and Bee were trying to hold out together with one or two surviving militias.

qN745.jpg

And they need backup. NOW! Orgasm runs for one of the buildings rooftops, and then decides to keep an eye to her left flank, if any enemy shows up from the other corner of that small house he'll be at near point-blank.

FaKM3.jpg

Where bringing a knife to a gunfight will work, and thus Orgasm earns the honor of being the only one in the team that truly managed to kill another enemy at melee.

wRpCm.jpg

Their legions coming from the west are quickly overwhelming Femshep and Ulminati, who, having no second of peace to shift to a position that would allow him to shoot them while prone, is forced to expose himself to keep them at bay, using whatever is promptly available, his automatic and silenced pistol included as he ran out of ammo and didn't have any time to spare reloading his sniper rifle.

BAHTl.jpg

Later, from afar he takes out more of the remnants of the enemy forces.

AhuPa.jpg

Bee alone holds out those coming from the northwest.

2doDC.jpg

While Orgasm, to flush out enemies using the corners of an adjacent house as cover, burns them brightly with one of her grenades, and then quickly gets down to cover again to escape retaliation.

eFuvm.jpg

The battle thus went to final, tense and as challenging moments as its beginning was. Except now the Kodex Kool Krew was alone. All militias were already dead, may they be forever remembered by their people for the ultimate sacrifice for liberty. The enemies took even greater casualties but their numbers are still far. Azira considers quietly his options. Seeing a large group of them cluttered, he trains small, subtle swivels of his rifle's bipod as they advance.

zjFWu.jpg

And manages to achieve a legendary feat no other mercenary in the team has yet done. He managed to hit four enemies at once, killing three of them immediately and leaving the other one severely wounded!

(Protip: the way to do it is to max autofire, and then click and hold the mouse button in one of the targets, and drag it towards another until you see multiple crosses. That way the mercenary will do the equivalent of suppressive fire, aiming for multiple spots in only one burst.)

LdW95.jpg

Bee continues to wipe the floor with blood, but then, one of the enemies managed to score a serious hit against Femshep, and now Ulminati was the only one with conditions to hold out in that area.

23iP2.jpg

The other enemy threatening Bee is taken out by the last round in her pistol, just before he could react and possibly kill her.

4NUxv.jpg

Ulminati bravely holds out while Black, Ira and Orgasm continue to advance through rooftops to get in positions to support him.

6m8j8.jpg

There is a feeling of euphoria as the enemies diminish, the feeling the battle is almost over.

pssYK.jpg

Orgasm alone does her best to cover their southern flank in these final minutes.

HjbQp.jpg

And Azira continues to score more and more kills.

g2rYp.jpg

But then, one of them hiding behind a corner delivers a near lethal wound to Ulminati, who is really badly hurt, according to his own words about how it feels like a vasectomy, a sucking chest wound and multiheaded dicks hitting ass and legs at the same time.

oSm1S.jpg

Femshep managed to save Ulminati from ultimate demise by eliminating the shooter who tried to kill him.

KPqnr.jpg

But nobody could save her. Rest in peace Femshep, because soon EAwhore will rape you and the canon and bring you back to life in a totally ridiculous plot twist.

It was just ironic that on the ending stages of this battle a casualty would happen. That when the enemy was actually losing they managed to kill one of them, but such is life for mercenaries.

Brave are the deeds
Of fallen victorious
Never forgotten
Lonely are the glorious

:salute:

B7mPn.jpg

It was a concussion, not multiheaded dicks, but if you don't see it it could be a concussion hitting ass and legs rather than the other thing because that is a bit more comfortable to believe in that in such dire moment.

J2OLR.jpg

Orgasm likes fire.

idSqc.jpg

For their fallen mates, the Kodex Kool Krew fights valiantly against the last remnants, and victory now is coming soon. They need it because Azira needs to urgently provide medical aid to Ulminati lest he dies.

DS3LO.jpg

And it was Azira who killed the last enemy. Technically not the last alive but the other remaining one was already dying.

mP5up.jpg

VICTORY!

Against all odds, against everything, outnumbered at over 12:1, they prevailed. It came at a cost, but nevertheless this was an astounding success. The people of Drassen couldn't believe it. A true legend, a glory to be recorded forever in the history of this small country and in the specialized magazines about mercenaries and their most legendary feats.

9rO2R.jpg

Azira rapidly gives first aid to Ulminati, once again saving his life. Femshep will never be forgotten, and equally will never be forgotten the forty brave militiamen and women who, aware of being both outnumbered and outmatched by their foes, still fought to the end for a better future for their children and fellow Arulcans.

They shall not grow old
As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condem.
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We will remember them.
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

LD3hR.jpg

hst6ww.jpg

Ulminati, conscious again and still celebrating the victory in spite of the pain of simultaneous concussion, sucking chest wound and vasectomy, feels like GOD when looking at the spoils of war. Except for the occasional accessory and some awesomer rifles and shotguns, they won't even need to bother browsing Bobby Ray's store anymore. And along the loot, finally a good machinegun: the RPK which can be fitted with a scope. Considering his performance with another AK series weapon Azira will be getting it now that the EXTREME machinegunner made the ultimate sacrifice. The mortar will be guarded for once really needed. Because if they continue their success, eventually, eventually they will have to assault Meduna, and there, they would regret every high-powered explosive weapon they used as overkill before.

Let us take a look at the statistics of these brave men, trannies and "women":

8t7pa.jpg

Femshep didn't go down without a fight, and gathered a very strong kill count. Most important of all, a large proportion of her victims were elite soldiers. May the spirit of EXTREME collar-grabbing never be forgotten. Because all we are left with is a crazy redhead explosive specialists who is too manly and EXTREME for SMA jokes and a not so EXTREME Hungarian demolitions expert who also knows how to repair stuff.

Femshep NEVAR FORGET.

e7xum.jpg

Ulminati remains the greatest motherfucker in the team with now 56 kills, but he isn't that far away from the second in kill count.

6BBpK.jpg

Because Bee is only two kills short of him, having proved herself during this battle against seemingly impossible odds.

mWDhi.jpg

After them comes Azira, who proved himself during the Battle of Drassen, with almost 40 kills and a large part of them being of elite soldiers.

KeUCa.jpg

S6cFv.jpg

Black and Orgasm on the other hand are currently tied up. They have proven their worth backing up the team and Orgasm even managed to knife her way out of trouble. Once better rifles that can double as almost snipers and be fitted with trigger groups become available they will truly kick ass, although considering the amount of loot from this battle, for now they will ignore their natural familiarity with rifles and shotguns to be both fitted with assault rifles instead until automatic shotguns and those wonderful rifles capable of being improved with burst fire and of being fitted with 7x scopes and a massive amount of attachments become available.

A turning point in the effort for liberating Arulco has been reached. Many even believe that this battle might have been the toughest of all to come, for Deirdranna's forces morale has been razed after such a massive defeat, and they don't expect to ever face such overwhelming numbers again without the advantage of the stealth the night provides.

One thing was sure now: time is of essence to push further the liberation of this country. Travelling around only on foot would be too slow: now it is a good time to look for that renegade helicopter pilot mentioned by one of the Drassen Airport employees, and to expand the secure airspace if possible, because having all new mercenaries to travel on foot from Omerta to the newest front lines will delay too much their effort.

Black

Arcane
zjFWu.jpg

Holy shit!

What's your opinion on machineguns? I found them to be rather ineffective, because unless someone hits like Azira (and even the best mercs rarely do) they're only good at wasting enemies' AP by supressing fire them.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Guess Shepard 2.0 will have to replace Femshep

AFAIK they are the only ones that made an album called Mercenary. Is there anything more fitting?

Well, right now I can only think of Iron Maiden's Mercenary, Deep Purple's Soldier of Fortune and This :M

SoupNazi

Bee breaking at least 10 RoE here:
VN4Yv.jpg

Truly extreme, shooting at an enemy who's hiding behind a cowering child :lol:

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Holy shit!

What's your opinion on machineguns? I found them to be rather ineffective, because unless someone hits like Azira (and even the best mercs rarely do) they're only good at wasting enemies' AP by supressing fire them.

Isn't that the whole point of machineguns? I've read somewhere that U.S military burned 250.000 bullets for every insurgent killed in afghanistan, to hit ratio is very high in JA imho ,although in the end it's a game.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
[snip]

rZwrQ.jpg

A huge shit almost happens when Black fails to kill a suddenly coming enemy from the east with his UDAR, but then, against all odds, Azira manages to hit him from a distance way beyond his pistol's effective range, saving his comrade.

[snip]

The battle thus went to final, tense and as challenging moments as its beginning was. Except now the Kodex Kool Krew was alone. All militias were already dead, may they be forever remembered by their people for the ultimate sacrifice for liberty. The enemies took even greater casualties but their numbers are still far. Azira considers quietly his options. Seeing a large group of them cluttered, he trains small, subtle swivels of his rifle's bipod as they advance.

zjFWu.jpg

And manages to achieve a legendary feat no other mercenary in the team has yet done. He managed to hit four enemies at once, killing three of them immediately and leaving the other one severely wounded!

(Protip: the way to do it is to max autofire, and then click and hold the mouse button in one of the targets, and drag it towards another until you see multiple crosses. That way the mercenary will do the equivalent of suppressive fire, aiming for multiple spots in only one burst.)

[snip]

HjbQp.jpg

And Azira continues to score more and more kills.

[snip]

idSqc.jpg

For their fallen mates, the Kodex Kool Krew fights valiantly against the last remnants, and victory now is coming soon. They need it because Azira needs to urgently provide medical aid to Ulminati lest he dies.

DS3LO.jpg

And it was Azira who killed the last enemy. Technically not the last alive but the other remaining one was already dying.

[snip]

9rO2R.jpg

Azira rapidly gives first aid to Ulminati, once again saving his life.

[snip]
finally a good machinegun: the RPK which can be fitted with a scope. Considering his performance with another AK series weapon Azira will be getting it
[snip]

mWDhi.jpg

Azira, who proved himself during the Battle of Drassen, with almost 40 kills and a large part of them being of elite soldiers.

1316065934878.png

I am so moved. :salute:

Cassidy

Arcane
Ran out of Bolt Thrower unique fitting tracks. So I decided to pick one that fits with the new merc that will be recruited in this update.

But there are others. Also forgive me for the most terribly shit pun ever made in this update's title. I couldn't resist.

:M

================================

2zdxfds.jpg

Skyrimder(p)

Sabaton: Hellrider

A.I.M. recruitment page checked, both Barry and Ernie Spragg are already on assignment, which cuts off any chances of getting an expert in EXTREME for a cheaper cost. After them the cheapest demolitions expert is:

y1B4I.jpg

Edgar "SHEPARD"* Smorth is just a biker, not a veteran soldier or doctor. One may think he isn't fit for war, but he is veteran of the most awesomely named war of all times, a victor in the Great Nordic Biker War. And he knows both how to rig bombs, pick locks and fix almost anything. Not the perfect replacement to Femshep, but he will do for now.

*How do I change the AIM mercs nicknames?

OGTTp.jpg

Ira talks to Drassen to get the supplies to Omerta ASAP.

Y2Js9.jpg

Another attack. I was like "NOT AGAIN!" and decided screw it and set to auto-resolve. It worked.

nRctH.jpg

Edgar meets with the rebel leader, who after receiving the first shipment agrees to let Dmitri join the team.

iRPBj.jpg

Dmitri is not impressive and throwing knives aren't particularly useful when a properly equipped silenced machinepistol with cold-loaded ammo can do a much better job, but he will be the second mechanic of the team, and although they found lots of new gear, most of it is in poor or "good for what it is" condition and will have to be repaired. Thus they head to Drassen, and begin to fix shit and fit themselves with better equipment than what they had. It is then that Edgar proves to be a somewhat problematic mercenary due to biker pride.

MtfYm.jpg

Because he refuses to wear a bullet-proof vest instead of his jacket!

:rage:

ZsxVv.jpg

Regardless, he truly deserves the title of EXTREME SHEPARD. He is so EXTREME that he thinks body armor is for gutless pussies.

Of course his reduced life expectancy because of being too EXTREME to be afraid of dying because of a reason as idiotic EXTREME as refusing to wear body armor means precautions are taken.

IjE4K.jpg

Will they never give up? Meanwhile, as some days passing fixing lots of broken gear, a new look at Bobby Ray's store is taken and there is some new stuff, including some very valuable cold-loaded 5.56x45mm 30-round magazines. Now that C7A2 AR with a suppressor will be truly silent at medium range engagements, which was passed to Azira. Did I mention that the RPK machinegun has a shittier rate of fire than most assault rifles? Another weapon, the OTs 39, classified as SMG but almost as fast to draw and shoot as a machinepistol becomes available too and it will be the new sidearm for Bee and Ulminati, specially because it comes with built-in laser sight, its armor had cold-loaded variants and it supports a 2x scope.

FMuXb.jpg

With only one mine, making purchases as such as often as they are being made would not be very advisable.

32c8Y.jpg

Eventually, everything is ready. Everybody's weapons and armor are at near perfect condition and thus Ira and Dmitri split-off from the rest of the team, as they will head back to Chitzena to train more militias as the casualties of the constant enemy attacks have been ramping up, while the rest of the team explores swamps near Drassen in the look of the mentioned helicopter pilot that should be hiding somewhere nearby.

XdVKi.jpg

Unfortunately they are not the only ones on the lookout in this region, and thus another engagement happens.

rErCV.jpg

The fully silenced OTs 39 submachineguns prove to be reliable weapons in this battle, specially thanks to their laser sights.

3RMe5.jpg

And even knives end being used against the enemies, still not a alert as two of them were killed in the most silent way.

By the way, the new gear:

Bee is equipped with a PSG-1 semi-auto sniper, more accurate and slightly longer ranged than her previous M21, and obviously with an OTs 39 SMG as sidearm

Ulminati got a powerful and far more accurate and long-ranged bolt-action sniper rifle than the Steyr Scout, the CZ 700, and obviously same sidearm as Bee.

Black got the AK-107 that Azira was using before and had it fitted with a powerful PSO-3 scope and with an equally powerful Rifle Laser Aiming Module that makes it a killer in night operations, which are one of his specializations, after all. Compared to his previous weapons he is now far more capable of delivering death at medium and long ranges.

Orgasm got an AKMS. Sounds like shit? There were just more PSO-1 scopes than ACOG 4x ones which is why the mercenaries are packing so many AK variants. And although on the raw, an AK-74 would technically be a better choice, this AKMS was fitted with a rod&spring making its full auto rate of fire much higher than usual, and it is compact and improved with a foregrip so that not all members of the team will have to be always prone for maximum effectiveness. After all sometimes ease of maneuvering is better. Oh, and like Black's it got a Rifle LAM too.

Azira is using a powerful Diemaco C7A2 fitted with a Beta C-mag that allows it to carry as much as a light machinegun in its magazines, and is also one of the few rifles taken from enemies that had a rod&spring. It is so incredible right now that its three-round burst is almost as fast to fire than single shots.

Edgar got a Czech SA vz. 58 because there are never enough AK clones. Actually the reason he got it is because after the battle of Drassen there was a Russian underbarrel grenade launcher left, which obviously can't be attached to NATO rifles, and EXPLOSIONS are one of his specialties as EXTREME SHEPARD spiritual successor. And to finish it everyone except for Black and the snipers has their main weapons fitted with 4x scopes.

Guess what kind of assault rifles Ira and Dmitri are packing?

00-7-5-06-004a.jpg

:yeah:

After those two enemies were killed, silence again, as the rest remained unaware of their presence. Better to take advantage of the surprise as long as possible, as quickly but silently they advanced in their hunt. With the help of the ear extenders several of them were wearing they were able to hear their enemies way before their enemies could even have a chance of spotting them, and took advantage of such benefit.

FOwap.jpg

Ulminati and Bee won't use their sniper rifles much in these conditions, as their sidearms are far more effective and quiet for night operations.

hIX3o.jpg

They cover all possible directions and shoot at the first sign of enemy presence.

mD8Ay.jpg

Eventually, as their proximity gets worrissome Edgar nails two of them down with a Russian 25mm VOG grenade.

UwRwS.jpg

Their enemies fall one by one even though they expected to overwhelm the team by coming from multiple directions.

bpjo1.jpg

And another one is stabbed to death by Orgasm, who spots another enemy as well while she was killing him with a mad glee in her eyes.

1CMIn.jpg

No, I'm not going to make another cheap pun about putting the last nail to the coffin, hitting the nail on the head or alike.

:M

dpd7B.jpg

Black's rifle can pull extremely accurate shots with all its accessories.

fA3ko.jpg

And so can Orgasm aim for the dick to tear a new tranny out of a redshirt. Rifle LAMs are truly the most impressive accessories for killing enemies at night.

8NR4W.jpg

It seems Orgasm don't give a fuck about the Declaration of the Rights of Wang.

:mhd:

E7q8a.jpg

Ulminati once agains comes through a close one, but Orgasm rapidly puts down the foe who shot him before he could finish it. Another one fires blindly with his machinegun, but luckily fails to hit anything.

j8gVj.jpg

The team reacts and moves in to spot these remaining attackers. Azira brings one down.

QBmIO.jpg

And also the last of them

Ueou3.jpg

Ulminati got wounded. Some nice but already obsolete snipers are scavenged as a possible thing to sell in San Mona if money runs short, and they make their way back to Drassen, clearly having looked at the wrong locations for their pilot.

bBRrb.jpg

Meanwhile, while on their way to Chitzena, Ira is nearly trounced by a Bloodcat lunging behind her. Dmitri rapidly draws a Glock 18, loads it with HP ammo and prays.

4aIa2.jpg

They made it through, barely, arriving safely in Chitzena. Ira used a medkit to do the complicated task of treating her own wounds while Dmitri began to train locals to reinforce the town militia.

wlQpA.jpg

After Ulminati was healed, they headed south and finally spotted something on a swamp near Drassen. It must be the man they were looking for!

mpRIv.jpg

Right. So he was in hiding to skip compulsory military service, because the pay is shit and the flight hours very long.

n9JAU.jpg

He says he can make a deal with the mercenaries if they bring him safely to Drassen Airport, which is what they do. The travel back is most uneventful except for an alleged bloodcat ambush that Orgasm managed to bypass. Good thing bloodcats can't fly, because soon they won't be a problem anymore.

K5VHY.jpg

His fees are steep, but the tactical advantage of fast deployment anywhere is priceless. Or more specifically, anywhere not protected by a SAM Site.

6kLI7.jpg

Better not take any chances then. Unfortunately currently the airspace is virtually in total control of Deirdranna.

olNj7.jpg

Which is exactly why there is no question on what the Kodex Kool Krew and their new member the spiritual successor of EXTREME Shepard so EXTREME he refuses to change his badass leather jacket for a "wimp" body armor will be doing soon: shutting down that SAM Site so that they will be able to strike deep within enemy territory and avoid patrols on strategically unimportant areas altogether.

iCWCb.jpg

And while they prepared to head for that SAM Site, Dmitri and Ira held their own with great skills together with the militias. They must be really desperate to attack so oftenly.

Considering the huge downtime repairing took, I think it is a good idea to find a cheap but reliable mechanic. Maybe M.E.R.C. could have someone who isn't totally worthless in their ranks, despite how ugly that site looks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom