Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any widescreen mods for impressions titles?

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Pharaoh, zeus, emperor etc? These are some of my favourite games but 1024x768 max is hardly fucking ideal.

Deleted member 7219

Man I loved Pharoah in its day. I still have the CDs somewhere. I tried playing it again about a year ago, and even with the button on my monitor to force it into 4:3 mode the game still looked low-res and crappy. A shame really.

I've heard there's a way to tell your video card to make games centered right on the screen, with black bars surrounding it. So if you're playing a 1024x768 game on a 1680x1050 monitor, the game isn't stretched at all. I haven't found out how to do it, though.

Deleted member 7219

Found that one, a single button changes from 16:10 to 4:3, but it doesn't keep a 1024x768 image in its proper proportions.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Found that one, a single button changes from 16:10 to 4:3, but it doesn't keep a 1024x768 image in its proper proportions.

The expansion mode selection on my monitor it's Full>Aspect>Off. What you're after is "off" that'll keep the resolution pixel perfect in the center of the screen.

Alternatively if you're on an Nvidia GPU, have a look at "Adjust desktop size and position"> In the scaling tab select "no scaling"

Why dont you ask that question at heavengames.com? They are a good and bustling community of impression tittles gamers.

This is my home and you're my bros (im lazy), plus i know some of you guys are modders and might know more than me.

Gorawala

Educated
I had an extra fish around on that widescreen forum and found two similar threads using hex editing to do widescreen/larger res through the exe. Unfortunately they had no luck as the cityscape was not showing up leaving only the menus.

tis a shame. Unless a miracle from the bros who were part of sierra come along and fix it. The great incline will happen before that :(

Deleted member 7219

Found the option in my Nvidia settings to stop scaling. Can't believe I didn't know about it before. Thanks for the help.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
zeus169.jpg

:tearofaneagle

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom