Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It was available on Xbox marketplace for $0.10 during some old holiday promo. Not joking. Wait for a lower price.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
AoE 3 wasn't too bad but nowhere near as memorable as the first 2. Not worth the $20 in my opinion.

sser

Arcane
Developer
AOE3 sucked. I played it back when I was into competitive RTS games and the online was very broken. You gained "Experience" for your factions and that experience could mean huge boosts that other players could not yet have. New players just basically got shit on and rarely did anyone get a genuinely balanced match.

Majestic47

Learned
oniichans help me...why can't i buy this? The buy as gift is grayed out :(

steam.jpg

shugo-chara-18-13.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

Felipepepe is partially correct. It's because you already own the game. Strange as it may seem, you can't buy a 4 pack at all if you already own the game. Due to some Steam faggotry, 4 packs are set up so the purchaser gets a copy and 3 giftable copies, but it isn't set up so you can just buy 4 giftable copies.

So if you were buying that for bros you'll have to wrangle one of the bros in to buying it, then you Paypal the money over or whatever. If you wanted 4 copies for trading then you're SOL.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
It's actually part of a scheme from Steam in order to suppress Kwanzaas buying games cheap for and/or and selling to euro guys.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
On Sunday Amazon (U.S. IPs only -- unless you have a way around it) will be selling Civ 5 GOTY (Steamworks title) for $9. If you have one of the $5 discount coupons you can get it for $4.

Multi-headed Cow

That's pretty great, shame I've already got civ5. Well worth $4, or even $9. Though civ4 is still the best.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nice, finally traded away Jagged Alliance 2 and got... Drakensang! Been meaning to try it but hasn't gotten a solid discount. Also traded a bunch of coupons for a 40% off Witcher 2 coupon. Hopefully that gets a sale before it expires in March so I can double dip~

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Aztaka is a daily today for $3.40ish. There's a demo on Steam -- seems to be a decent enough blend of platform combat, rpg elements, and puzzle solving.

anus_pounder

Arcane
First of all, I would like if a few steam bros held my hand and played terraria with me. Secondly, whens the next big sale ? I don't like waiting an entire week for one single item to go on sale. :(

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
In terms of something the size of the Summer/Winter sale? Not until this summer... so... late June. That said there will almost certainly be some publisher week sales and possibly a few mini themed promos although I don't remember any Valentines or Spring sales or anything like that. Keep in mind there's a new game on sale every day (usually nothing amazing, though), a midweek deal and a weekend deal so technically there are at least nine sales each week.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Hmm...Yeah, something on the scale of the winter sale is what I was looking for. I'll keep an eye out on the daily deals though, thanks for the info.

Majestic47

Learned
First of all, I would like if a few steam bros held my hand and played terraria with me. Secondly, whens the next big sale ? I don't like waiting an entire week for one single item to go on sale. :(
i got a session running with ashery daily...but hell, i dunno ur waking hours. i'm available 1900 - 2359 GMT+8
Europeans hour may be difficult.

But don't worry 18 year old boy, I'll hold your hand. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom