Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CodexDS MP Gaming: Icewind Dale

MetalCraze

Arcane
Sorry guys, my potato internet dropped - still we did a good 3 hours long run with some challenging boss battles.

That crypt is much bigger and more... complicated than I thought

Last savegame is before we entered the rape area so it's OK.

Muty: roll a mage or a barb perhaps? Bard will be a welcome addition too.

aVa4p.jpg

A typical amount of enemies we fight now. Screenshot is taken a few moments before chzr leeroy'd at a mage skelly and his bros which killed him after charming and we had to haul his dead ass back to Kuldahar with an expensive Raise Dead bill.

Hoax if you are reading this I've got a +15% stealth ring for you and a +1 shortbow if you still don't have one.
For Jack I have a +1 warhammer.
Also I got myself a +20% cold resistance robe and a +10 hp rune ^_^

MetalCraze

Arcane
What Hoaxmetal means is that we won't be using Gameranger unless he is around - then you'll have to d/l it.

With Gameranger connections seemed to be smoother (no hang ups like with direct ip) but:
a) you cannot connect midgame because GR considers IWD not joinable in progress (which is beyond retarded)
b) you will have to connect only through GR since it blocks all other connections to IWD

MetalCraze

Arcane
FFv1l.jpg

Now that our party is lvl8 - fireballs are flying a lot.

Right now our secret bossfight tactics:
Chzr carries 40% of fire resists and aggros all zerg...
Aand I drop fireballs on him
YEAAAAAAAA-

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
You should have used turn undead.

At high enough levels its almost like cheating.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Daw, I wish I could play with you guys aswell. ;__; Icewind Dale became one of my favorite games for some reason. Unfortunately, as far as I can see the areas you soon will delve in are very annoying parts (for me atleast), what with the Yuan-Ti (and Yxunomei) soon appearing. Keep us updated with Screenshots! :P

TripJack

Hedonist
You should have used turn undead.
we do if it gets overwhelming but chzr is such a beast now that it's faster just to let them gangrape him and drop aoes

we only have one level left for the yuan ti shit solar, but yeah after that is the severed hand which i recall hating

thesoup

Arcane
kraze
I was lvl 5 during that figt. I had to run away, make my stand on some bridge and take them down from there. How did you get to level 8 there already?

edit
Oh, 4 man party.

chzr

Scholar
kraze
I was lvl 5 during that figt. I had to run away, make my stand on some bridge and take them down from there. How did you get to level 8 there already?

edit
Oh, 4 man party.

we have like 5 members avarage (yesterday it was 4, but mostly it's 5-6). keep in mind though that you can get quite a lot of bonus xp depending on dialogue choices (druids adds few of them, paladin adds a lot)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Yep, even with a 6 man party, if you do all the Fed-Ex quests, the game will give you roughly the level right at the moment when you encounter those swarm encounters which scream for fireball killings.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Well, it seems Hoaxy requires gameranger to play. Since we already have 5 other guys, I'll give up my spot to Hoax. I was gonna suggest alternating once he doesn't need gayranger anymore, but considering the amount of content I would be missing.... :oops:

MetalCraze

Arcane
We are not far from lvl9 actually. Playing as a mage is enjoyable now although I would've wished there were more crowd control spells atm. Web is cool but... it doesn't go well with fireballs.

As for screenshots - there are enough of them from past 2 runs to make a mini-LP. I just need to stop being lazy and do it fagget

MetalCraze

Arcane
We ran some more tonight, got to lvl9 and cleaned out that dungeon. We are back into town and are ready for chapter 3.
The problem is that chzr will probably be absent for 2-3 days - and he is our only tank. I'm not sure if I will be able to multitask as a pally (I'll probably suck because I lack his leet tanking skills) but we'll see.

Surf Solar you can always join us in IWD1. It's properly better than IWD2 and I don't see why you shouldn't play it with us if you like IWD2.

Twinkle

If you are reading this - I've read up on a D&D2 bard and it looks like it's basically multiple classes in one. Meaning that it needs same stats other classes need to do same things. Like INT for mages for spellies as an example.
We did some spell shopping and chzr bought you some buff/debuff spells (I stole all dmg spells for myself naturally) so you can be much more useful from now on.

And now for

Chzr's Tanking 101

6Gnmy.jpg

iU9uz.jpg
: drop a fireball on me!

errnt.jpg

iU9uz.jpg
: more!

nf71I.jpg

bussinrounds

Augur
I mean some of sort of desync. As if you bro casts a spell against a horde of monsters then it's your turn and you notice that monsters all over the place some are dead, some just changed positions. Made casting AoE purely a guesswork often hitting bros instead of baddies. It didn't kick in until that Yuan-ti hideout.

chzr This is good.
Yea, what's the deal with this ? I'm trying to play some co-op with my bro and the monsters are jumping all over the place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom