Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Katawa Shoujo: I love you just the way you are...

Monoclebear

Educated
Obvious fake ending is obvious. Why so much love for that Kamen Ride thing? Besides there-wait a minute...

A new member? Called monoclebear?

14579.jpg
:troll:

10295.jpg
Oh shit!!

gray-here-comes-a-new-challenger-women-s-t-shirts_design.png
Be prepared, i will not go down easily.:p

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Is that the standard end to the first act, or did you not show us some of the as you progressed?

Aside from the answer where you could either defend Lilly from Shizune or just defend yourself, there weren't many places where you specifically chose Lilly over say, Hanako. I don't remember any at all where you could have gone with Rin or Emi.

Anyway. Bravo on making it this far! I look forward to the continuation.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Some choices are only enabled by others. My first time through, I didn't even get the whole scene where you go shopping with Lily, or the part where you help her class out. I think the main decision point where you end up with Lilly or Hanako (or neither) is when you leave the classes after Lilly talks to Hanako and leaves without her; you can choose to follow either of them or neither. But you won't even get he options to do so unless you set them up earlier.

07.jpg

There's another option there potentially, if you've shown interest in any of the other girls. And if you didn't show interest in these two, it'd be the only option, I think.

Monoclebear

Educated
Is that the standard end to the first act, or did you not show us some of the as you progressed?

Aside from the answer where you could either defend Lilly from Shizune or just defend yourself, there weren't many places where you specifically chose Lilly over say, Hanako. I don't remember any at all where you could have gone with Rin or Emi.

Anyway. Bravo on making it this far! I look forward to the continuation.

It works with some kind of point system.
- If you are nice to Shizune you go on her path.
- For Emi you have to choose the option which are best for you body, except where it asks if you want to race her.
-Because Hanako and Lilly are very close friends, when you are nice to one you also get closer to the other (only in Act 1). The choice which ultimatly settles your path is the one to go in town or to go into the library.
-to get the rin path you have to be neutral at all the choices except the one where you are walking at night with Rin and Lilly.

There are some more ways to get to the routes in act 1, but i am too lazy to list them all here, so you guys only get the fast version.

LundB

Mistakes were made.

Monoclebear

Educated
Don't worry it gets better latter. I've heard people talk about how awesome act one is when the first demo came out. I mean yeah it is good, but i didn't really think that this was really worldshattering. But still as a whole the game/VN is great, i especially love Rin's and Lilly's story.
On a different note, RK47, any thoughts on the soundtrack yet?

bandaid

Educated
I was actually quite surprised on the overall quality. Sure, some paths I like more than the others, but writing in all of them is really good. Even Kenji, who serves entirely as a comic relief is fleshed out and believable. Also collecting clues on his , lets call it that, 'past' along different paths is funny.

I might or might not have shed a mantear somewhere along playing.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
For the OST: It doesn't seem prominent. I do notice them. And I have the 'it fits' impression of it, but overall it wasn't very memorable cause it's really light. I think its light nature lets me focus on the reading, so it's great.

World shattering writing? No, not really. For me, it was more like surpassing the initial low, sleazy expectations. I thought this sort of game would be on the more exploitative side that offend some ppl (kinda right up the Codexian alley) meant to be ridiculed and draw some lulz; That was my original intent of this LP. Instead, I open the pandora's box and found something else, something soft and sweet. I'm kinda affected by this. Hence..the LP took a turn into Serious Business territory once I realize what the material encompasses. It felt wrong to do otherwise.

As to why I made Lilly the choice when given two options (Hanako/Her), I think it's because the relationship with Hanako seems like a 'pitying' relationship. I can't get past that line of thought, so the door remains closed. I know what it means when the game tries for the 'look below the surface' theme, but she's not a very likeable character. Everything seems self-inflicted. The likeable parts of her came from the pity that the player (maybe it's just me) felt for her. I do care about her, but just not in that way.

As for the others, I think I already mentioned it before:

1. Shizune/Misha, obnoxious - controlling type, hate them.
2. Emi, ehh....lolicon. Seems like the most *normal* relationship among the rest.
3. Rin, ...oh, that's cute. That's pretty funny. Huh? What? Stop being inane!

Monoclebear

Educated
Just posting some opinions.
1. Shizune: Well, controlling is an understatement, but i really like the character development that focuses on the group. Also WAHAHAHA
2. Emi: Loli? I would say it borders on loli but the later H-scenes don't really look for me that way simply because you can see the bodyproportions in comparison. Could also simply look that way because of stutters in the graphical art section. On the emotional side the other way, got me pretty good but maybe only because it was the first route i played. Also made me start exercising again.
3. Lilly: Do i really need to say anything more? Lilly is awesome in every way.
4. Hanako: Well this is really the only route where i think that not the ''good'' ending is the best but the neutral ending, because you don't really see a ''romantical'' relationship forming. It's more like a little sister thing andno i don't mean in an incest way, if you go for the neutral there isn't even a hint of sex.
5. Rin: Oh, boy give me more tissues. Story starts slow, but builds up in a way that hit me like a dumptruck full of bricks, if you excuse me repeating my earlier post. Maybe this did it for me because of some personal connection, or if ''artsy'' persons are just my personel fetish, i don't know and i don't care, this story has me just crying all the time.

There is one VN that has me shedding tears like this and that is ''Planetarian ~ Reverie of a Little Planet'' and that is just unfair because it is just sadness weaponized.

Damned Registrations

I was actually pretty surprised at most of the routes. The only one that made we really go 'WTF this chick is unlikable' is Shizune, and not for the reasons you'd expect. You should definitely check out the other routes when you're done the LP, if you're enjoying it. I think you'll be surprised at a lot of the other characters when you get to know them better.

I keep wanting to mention specific stuff but I don't want to spoil things. There's some really good twists in there.

Monoclebear

Educated
I was actually pretty surprised at most of the routes. The only one that made we really go 'WTF this chick is unlikable' is Shizune, and not for the reasons you'd expect. You should definitely check out the other routes when you're done the LP, if you're enjoying it. I think you'll be surprised at a lot of the other characters when you get to know them better.

I keep wanting to mention specific stuff but I don't want to spoil things. There's some really good twists in there.

Any favorites?

bandaid

Educated
Mine favorite route is Rin. She is pretty inane, but only to the point when you get to know her motivations a little bit better. And that's the path that made me shed a mantear, so it counts for something.

Damned Registrations

Any favorites?

I think Emi's was the most well written overall (and the one I enjoyed the most) but the one with the best twists was Hanako

Monoclebear

Educated
What suprises me the most about this game is, how attached i've became to the characters. After i finished all the good and neutral endings i wanted to go for 100%, started new games or loaded my saves so i could get the bad endings (i was lucky and didn't encounter any before) and i just can't do it. Even with the character that are last on my list i just still like them too much to go to their bad end. Except Kenji because he is crazy.

Majestic47

Learned
Dear Brothers,
I've posted this LP on other forums and received very little response.

:hmmm:
HOWEVER.
I fear..I fear this man may have gotten the wrong idea as I checked my PM box in another forum while at work.

wtf01.jpg
wtf02.jpg

There's more...but.. I think I'll save it when I get home.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Looks like Saber. You should respond to him with pages of yaoi Skyrim doujinshi.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom